It don't break even, no
The Script (2001-present) is an alternative rock band from Ireland made up of Danny O'Donoghue, Mark Sheehan and Glen Power who seem to specialize in break up and sanity slippage songs. Basically Irelands answer to Linkin Park
, with more focus on rock than rap and messages. They have three albums so far, and various hits such as "Nothing", "Breakeven", "For the First Time", "Before the Worst", "If You Ever Come Back" and "Science & Faith".
Danny O'Donoghue was a coach for the first two series of the UK version of The Voice
. He announced in 2013 that he will not be returning to the show, preferring to focus on his band.
- The Script (2008)
- Science & Faith (2010)
- #3 (2012)
- Adorkable: The singer's moves on stage have the vibe of this.
- Break Up Song: "Breakeven", "The Man Who Can't Be Moved", "Before the Worst", "Talk You Down"...yeah, they have a few.
- Chronological Album Title: Seen with #3
- Christian Rock: Rusty Halo
- Driven to Suicide: In the "Nothing" video .
- Intercoursewith You: Mentioned in "For the First Time".
- Mood Whiplash: Nothing into Science & Love on the latter's album.
- Motor Mouth: The rap sections on "This Is Love" and "Before The Worst".
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: Irish R&B Rap Rock.
- Obsession Song: "The Man Who Can't Be Moved"
- Performance Video: "Before The Worst".
- Protest Song: "We Cry" "Rusty Halo"
- Religion Rant Song: "Rusty Halo"
- Re Release The Song: "Break Even" had two versions one for overseas released after "We Cry" and one version for America.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "The Man Who Can't Be Moved", "We Cry", "Rusty Halo", "The End Where I Begin", "Dead Man Walking", "Walk Away".
- Silly Love Songs: "This is Love", "Science & Faith", "You Won't Feel a Thing".
- Self-Titled Album: Debut
- Title Track: Science and Faith
- To Be a Master: The aesop of "Hall of Fame" is to live your life as if this trope is in full effect, for whatever path you choose to follow.
- Yandere: The Man Who Can't Be Moved