Music: The Forgotten Rebels
An old-school Punk Rock band formed Hamilton, Ontario in 1977 by Mickey DeSadist and continuing to perform to this day. They are noted for snappy tunes mixed with often cringe-worthy lyrics (whether racist, homophobic, sexist, insensitive, or just plain loaded with Squick). The band maintains that these are meant ironically; on the other hand, they are well-liked among certain controversial subcultures.Discography:
- Burning the Flag EP (1977)
- Tomorrow Belongs To Us EP (1978)
- In Love With The System (1979)
- This Ain't Hollywood (1981)
- Surfin' on Heroin (1984)
- Boys Will Be Boys EP (1985)
- The Pride and Disgrace (1986)
- (Untitled) (1989)
- Criminal Zero (1994)
- Nobody's Heros (2000)
The band and their music feature examples of:
- Artistic Licence Biology: The final verse of "A.I.D.S.":Whippin' loose your dick in a Haiti swampTying up a green monkey, go for a romp
- The Green Monkey is native to Africa, not Haiti.
- Drugs Are Bad: Anyone thinking "Surfin' On Heroin" is a pro-heroin song hasn't listened to the Anvilicious lyrics.
- I Am the Band: Type 2. Mickey is the only original member.
- I Love the Dead: "F*** Me Dead''.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: Averted ("Elvis Is Dead", "Memory Lane", "Rhona Barrett")
- Rouge Angles of Satin: "Rhona Barrett".
- Silly Love Songs: Surprisingly, several, including "Tell Me You Love Me" and "Rhona Barrett".
- Speak Ill of the Dead: "Elvis Is Dead".
- Stripperiffic: "Live Strippers In Action".
- The Vietnam War: "Let's Go Back To Vietnam".
- When I Was Your Age: "The Me Generation":They're the me generationThey're the assholes of the eightiesThey're the me generationThey'll be lonely old men and ladies
- World War III: "Bomb Russia"