Music: The Dead Weather
The Dead Weather are an Alternative Rock supergroup composed of:
- Alison Mosshart of The Kills, lead vocals
- Jack White of The White Stripes and The Raconteurs, drums and backing vocals
- Dean Fertita of Queens of the Stone Age, guitar and keyboards
- Jack Lawrence of The Raconteurs and The Greenhornes, bass
- Horehound (2009)
- Sea of Cowards (2010)
The Dead Weather provide examples of:
- Badass Boast: "I Cut Like a Buffalo", "Die by the Drop", "Hang You from the Heavens", "60 Feet Tall".
- Call-and-Response Song: "So Far from Your Weapon".
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: ALL OF THEM. Though Fertita isn't quite as pale as the others.
- Intercourse with You: "The Difference Between Us". It just oozes sex.
- "Die By the Drop" could easily be interpreted as this.
- Incest Subtext: "Treat Me Like Your Mother".
- Let's Duet: "Rocking Horse", "Die by the Drop", "Treat Me Like Your Mother", "Will There Be Enough Water?"
- Lyrical Shoehorn
- Messy Hair: Mosshart and White.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Alison Mosshart. Either that, or Blinding Bangs.
- Pretty in Mink: Alison Mosshart.
- Sanity Slippage Song: "I'm Mad", complete with crazy person laughter.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: "Will There Be Enough Water?".
- Word Salad Lyrics: "I Cut Like a Buffalo".