Music: Studio Killers
"Studio Killers. No one knows where they came from; one day they were just here staring back at us through our high definition flat screens."Studio Killers is a self-described virtual electronic audio visual collective based in Denmark, the UK, and Finland. Being virtual, the band is made up entirely of fictional characters portrayed through both animated videos and stunning original artwork. There's the curvaceous vocalist Cherry, keyboardist canid Goldie Foxx, the dapper DJ Dyna Mink, and their carnivorous manager, Bipolar Bear. Unlike other virtual bands of the same vein, Studio Killers possess a unique quality: no one really knows where they came from or who's behind them.Another thing that seems to attract is their interaction with their fans. They have official accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Sound Cloud, and even Tumblr, and speak to their adoring public on all of them. It definitely leads to some interesting questions getting answered sometimes.Despite only having one single, two music videos, one demo, and a number of interviews and sneak-previews, they've attracted one large and loyal fanbase made up of art appreciators and music enthusiasts alike. Their first (self titled) album was released on June 14th, 2013.A successful Kickstarter campaign in June 2014 funded live shows at Ruisrock and Ilosaarirock festivals in Finland, using multiscreen animated visuals produced with the aid of Immersive Ltd. There are plans to take the live show on tour, but no dates have been announced as of December 2014.You've probably heard ''Ode To The Bouncer'' on the internet somewhere at some point.
Studio Killers provides examples of:
- All Men Are Perverts: The entire point behind Cherry's demo, All Men Are Pigs.
- Badass: Cherry. She's a black belt in life.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Cherry. Although on their official Tumblr, she told a fan that she believes women of all sizes are beautiful.
- Chick Magnet: Do the fans care that Goldie's a fictional anthropomorphic fox? Not really. Probably because he's just as keen to flirt back.
- Design Student's Orgasm: All of the artwork.
- I Don't Want to Ruin Our Friendship: "Jenny" has a subversion. Cherry explicit states she wants to ruin their friendship and become more than friends.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Sort of. All the other men turn gay wherever he goes.
- Extreme Omnivore: Bipolar Bear has frequently mentioned eating or wanting to eat a number of worrying things. Like small dogs, seals, foxes...
- The Fashionista: Cherry has an Unlimited Wardrobe and a video blog where she talks about fashion and her outfits of the week.
- Funny Animal: Goldie Foxx, Dyna Mink and Bipolar Bear.
- Gratuitous Spanish: Seems to be a minor theme, with Jenny randomly using "amigo" for Jenny's boyfriends and Eros and Apollo using "seņorita" to refer to the girls chasing the eponymous pair, as well as calling them 'sweet lolita'- a popular term of endearment.
- Male Gaze: There's a lot of close shots of Cherry's breasts, butt and legs in the "Ode to the Bouncer" video.
- Medium Blending: Cherry is always rendered in CGI, while Dyna, Goldie, and The Bouncer are all 2-D illustrations. The video for "Eros and Apollo" adds pixel art to the mix.
- Ms. Fanservice: The way Cherry proudly struts her stuff in so many skimpy outfits makes her specifically a Shameless Fanservice Girl.
- No Fourth Wall
- One Woman Song: "Jenny"
- Only Sane Woman: Cherry seems to regard herself as this in comparison to her "crazy, dirty, stinky" animal bandmates.
- Retraux: The video for "Eros and Apollo". Even Pac-Man makes an appearance!
- Robosexual: "In Tokyo". I made out with/made love to a robot...
- Sex for Services: It's pretty obvious how Cherry attempted to get into the club in the Ode to the Bouncer video.
- Sexy Walk: Cherry at the start of the "Ode to the Bouncer" video.
- Shout-Out: In response to a fan asking them what they thought about fellow cartoon band Gorillaz, Cherry quipped that they "look like they know how to have a good time."
- Cherry apparently has a Nitemare Bronie.
- Pac-Man makes a cameo in the video for Eros and Apollo
- "All in all, you're just another prick at the door!"
- Stage Names: Goldie Foxx and Dyna Mink's real names are nowhere near as cool as their artist names.Dyna: Why do we have these names?
Goldie: Well, who would we be without appropriately catchy names?
Dyna: Probably David and Peter.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Cherry, obviously. Although it hardly stays the same color twice.
- Dyna Mink probably also counts, considering minks usually don't have bright blue fur.
- Your Makeup Is Running: Cherry's signature look.