Music: Stinking Lizaveta
Stinking Lizaveta are a metal band named for a mute character in The Brothers Karamazov, with elements of doom, jazz, and inevitably for an instrumental band, a certain amount of psychedelia. Scream of the Iron Iconoclast is probably their best known album, getting exceptionally good reviews in the press - always with the addendum that, however good they are through your speakers, they're better live. The music is considered and deliberate without being overly-portentous and experimental without being pretentious.Their albums to date include;
- Hopelessness and Shame
- Caught Between Worlds
- Scream of the Iron Iconoclast
- Sacrifice and Bliss
- Chronological Album Title - III.
- Epic Rocking - Especially live.
- Metal Scream - The only sound produced by voice (not exactly singing, as will become clear) on Scream of the Iron Iconoclast is produced by Yanni screaming into his guitar's pickups.
- Neo Classical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly - Jazz Prog Psych Doom Groove Metal. With a touch of rock. The "Stoner Metal", after all that, is implied.
- Protest Song - several examples.