Music: Stinking Lizaveta
Stinking Lizaveta are a metal band named for a mute character in The Brothers Karamazov, with elements of doom, jazz, and inevitably for an instrumental band, a certain amount of psychedelia. Scream of the Iron Iconoclast is probably their best known album, getting exceptionally good reviews in the press - always with the addendum that, however good they are through your speakers, they're better live. The music is considered and deliberate without being overly-portentous and experimental without being pretentious.Their albums to date include;
- Hopelessness and Shame
- Caught Between Worlds
- Scream of the Iron Iconoclast
- Sacrifice and Bliss
- Chronological Album Title - III.
- Epic Riff - More for albums than individual songs, the riffs are often returned to and varied over several different songs. Very recognisable, due to the unique style of the band in the first place.
- Epic Rocking - Especially live.
- Metal Scream - The only sound produced by voice (not exactly singing, as will become clear) on Scream of the Iron Iconoclast is produced by Yanni screaming into his guitar's pickups.
- Neo Classical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly - Jazz Prog Psych Doom Groove Metal. With a touch of rock. The "Stoner Metal", after all that, is implied.
- Protest Song - several examples.