is an American Heavy Metal
band formed in 1987. Because of their image, they're often associated with glam rock, but eventually were seen in a more traditional sense of heavy metal
. First formed in New Jersey, the band got introduced to a producer by their friend Jon Bon Jovi
and were an instant success. The band's first album went platinum five times, and as of the end of 1996 the band has sold 20 million albums worldwide.
Their most popular songs
, "18 and Life", "I Remember You" and "Youth Gone Wild", come from their first album. Their second album, Slave To The Grind
, was considerably heavier and less mainstream
than their first album, with several songs that could even be considered Thrash Metal
- Skid Row - 1989
- Slave To The Grind - 1991
- B-Side Ourselves - 1992 (EP)
- Subhuman Race - 1995
- Thickskin - 2003
- Revolutions Per Minute -2006
Tropes related to the band:
- Child Popstar: Sebastian Bach recalls his first experience singing on stage at the age of twelve was with a band of older students at his school who had overheard him singing along to the first Police album. He later joked that he, "Must have looked like Justin Bieber."
- Cover Album: B-Side Ourselves EP, which contains covers of The Ramones, Kiss, Judas Priest, Rush and Jimi Hendrix.
- Delinquents: "18 And Life" (Skid Row)
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Sebastian Bach. Even Beavis And Butthead were confused... well, which doesn't prove much, but still.
- Girls With Guns: "Beggar's Day" (Slave to the Grind)
- Power Ballad: "18 and Life," "I Remember You," "In a Darkened Room," and "Wasted Time."
- Pretty Boy: Sebastian Bach
- Purple Prose: "In a Darkened Room" has much more formal lyrics than the average.
- Refrain From Assuming: "I Remember You" is not "Remember Yesterday".
- Ripped from the Headlines: "18 and Life" was written when guitarist Dave Sabo read a newspaper article about the event.
- Self-Titled Album
- Start My Own: Sebastian Bach.