Sirenia are a Norwegian Gothic Metal band, formed by Morten Veland in 2001, who left Tristania due to both musical and personal differences.Though the music itself is similar to Tristania, It has it's own differences and has different lyrical themes as a whole. Throughout the career, they went through a series of lineup changes
- Morten Veland – Harsh vocals, Clean vocals (studio only), Guitars, Bass (studio only), Keyboards (studio only), Programming (studio only), Drums (studio only) (2001–present)
- Ailyn – Vocals (2008–present)
- Jonathan A. Perez – Drums (2003–present)
- Jan Erik Soltvedt – Guitars (2011–present)
Notable Past Members:
- Henriette Bordvik – Vocals (2003–2005)
- Monika Pedersen – Vocals (2006–2007)
- Michael S. Krumins – Guitars & Harsh vocals (only live) (2008–2011)
- At Sixes and Sevens (2002)
- An Elixir for Existence (2004)
- Nine Destinies and a Downfall (2007)
- The 13th Floor (2009)
- The Enigma of Life (2011)
- Perils of the Deep Blue (2013)
This band uses the following examples of these tropes:
- Bilingual Bonus: Some of their songs are in Norwegian.
- Cover Version: "First We Take Manhattan" by Leonard Cohen.
- Epic Rocking: "Stille Kom Døden" is the longest song Veland has composed, being 12:42.
- On average the songs ranged from 4 to 6 minutes
- Gothic Metal
- Symphonic Metal: Moreso than Tristania
- I Am the Band: Morten Veland
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Varies from 6 to 9
- Nobody Loves the Bassist: Any live performances have a backing track with the bass notes being played there, as well as Veland generally doing them on studio.
- Revolving Door Band
- Token Minority: Ailyn is from Spain, while Jonathan A. Perez hails from Chile.