WEPLAYEPICMUSIC.Pinn Panelle are an electronic rock band originating in 2007 in Boston, USA. They're known for their unique mixture of hard rock, electronica, classical music, and dubstep, which they have termed "Epic Music." They've done several covers on YouTube of electronic artists such as Skrillex and Nero, which showcase their original methods of turning rock instruments into electronic ones. See for yourself what we mean.From the band's website:
(Pronounced "Pin Puh-nell")
"Pinn Panelle comes from the words "Pin Panel" being made to sound like a human name. "Pin Panel" refers to the face of a Pachinko game machine, and to us, the act of turning those words into a human name relates to how people turn to technology and other artificial things for comfort, or for love."They've released one studio album, and are currently working on a second, with one single released so far.As of March 7th, 2013, Nathan Navarro and Jonah Wei-Haas have left the band. They have been replaced by Matt "Mukatu" Nyberg and Joel Darling for live performances until the band can recruit new permanent members.
- Pinn Panelle (2010)
- Ghosts & Liars (2013)
- Dubstep: Played on rock instruments, no less.
- Lead Bassist: Nathan Navarro, definitely. He's a perfect Type A, being skilled in rock, metal, jazz, and funk-style playing. He was already famous on YouTube for his dubstep bass guitar songs and covers when he joined the band.
- That being said, all of the members of Pinn Panelle are quite talented in their own right, so Nathan doesn't overshadow them as much as he might.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Usually between a 3 and a 5.
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: Or just "Epic Music."
- Nobody Loves the Bassist: Completely inverted. See "Lead Bassist" above.
- Rock Trio: For a few years, including when their first album was recorded.
- Sampling: Lots and lots. All of it triggered by Justin and Jonah while also playing instruments during live performances.
- Self-Titled Album: Currently their only one.
- X Meets Y: Muse meets 30 Seconds to Mars meets Skrillex.