This band needs a better description.
Pig With The Face of a Boy is the "world's best neo-post-post-music hall anti-folk band."
They compose music with off-the-wall, and occasionally off-color lyrics.
Their blog, started in 2008, can be found here.
In 2010, they formed a YouTube
page, on which they posted their first music video: "Complete History Of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetris."
Entertaining AND educational!
Tropes in their songs:
- A Boy and His X: A Hitler and his cheeseburger.
- Companion Cube: Hitler's Favorite Song (Please Don't Tread On My Cheeseburger). Hitler sings about how a cheeseburger and a venus flytrap are his only friends in the world.
- Lyrical Dissonance: The beginnings of a lot of their songs from La La Ha Ha. Especially My Darling, which is about the persona taking his love to a cock fight, The Midwife, which is about a psychopath who eats human placentas,and the beginning of The Lonely Shepherd, which is about a shepherd wanting to have sex with a sheep,and even Hitler's Favourite Song (Please Don't Tread On My Cheeseburger) at some point.
- "Please don't tread on my cheeseburger or I'd have to cut your head off with a blunt chainsaw."
- Take That: The Complete History of The Soviet Union, Arranged To The Melody Of Tetris is one large Take That about, well, you know.