Nicholas Jerry "Nick" Jonas (born September 16, 1992) is an American singer-songwriter, musician and actor best known as one of the Jonas Brothers
, a pop-rock band he formed with his brothers Joe and Kevin. The Jonas Brothers originally started as an attempted solo singing career for Nick, but the record producer liked the sound when his brothers sang backup for him. He previously starred in the Disney Channel
original series JONAS
as Nick Lucas, alongside his brothers. He also starred in the Disney Channel
original movie Camp Rock
and Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam. He formed the band Nick Jonas & The Administration, which released its first album in 2010.
Oh and in case you lived under a rock, he dated Miley Cyrus
, then dated Selena Gomez
. Now, he's dating the Australian princess Delta Goodrem
. 7 years his senior after working with her on her fourth album.
- Nicholas Jonas (2004)
- Who I Am (2010)
- Call Back: Perhaps not intentional, but a few of his songs call back to songs he did with his brothers.
- "Rose Garden", for one, which calls back to The Jonas Brothers' song "Just Friends".
- "Stay", which calls back to "Sorry". (This time is the last time I will ever beg you to stay/Just tell me that you'll stay.)
- The Casanova: Delta Goodrem, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez. Doesn't that say it all. Not to mention Samantha Barks, a rumored fling with a background dancer, and a brief relationship with Nicole Anderson.
- The Cover Changes The Gender: Notably averted when covering songs at his shows. Especially with a spectacularly bitter cover of Adele's "Someone Like You".
- Especially since he changes other lyrics in the song at will, but leaves the gender the way it is.
- Creator Breakdown: Heavily implied with NJ&TA's songs "In The End" and "Vesper's Goodbye".
- Hey, It's That Guy!: The Administration includes ex-New Power Generation members Tommy Barbarella (keyboards), Sonny T. (bass) and Michael Bland (drums).
- Hidden Depths: He, unlike his brothers, was acting in Broadway plays from a very young age. He starred as Marius for about a month in Les Mis in 2010 and is taking over Darren Criss' role in How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying soon.
- Ill Boy: He was a slight spectacle when the band first got popular, since he was one of the first teen pop stars to have Type-One Diabetes.
- Lyrical Dissonance: "Who I Am". Sounds like a relatively nice song, but the lyrics are remarkably bitter.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Non-Appearing Title: "Vesper's Goodbye" on Nick Jonas & The Administration's album Who I Am.
- One of Us: He had an obsession with aliens for the longest time.
- Playing Against Type: When he was playing Ryan, on Last Man Standing, who got a girl pregnant, left her (and left town), and his idea of a steady job is being a knight at the Rennaissance Fair.
- Teen Idol
- Tenor Boy: As Marius Pontmercy.
- When He Smiles: He was rather well known for a long time for showing about as much emotion in public appearances as Kristen Stewart. He very, very rarely gave an honest smile. (He's better than he used to be, but it's still rare enough to be heartwarming when he smiles.)
- Yoko Oh No: Catches hate from Delta Goodrem fans, for among things, taking her on too many holidays, allowing her to follow him from place to place why he does his job(s) and distracting her from an album 2 years overdue.