Never Shout Never is an indie pop band (yes, they are a band), formed in 2007. Kind of. The band started as Christofer Drew only, playing pop songs on his acoustic guitar and putting them on MySpace
, but when he became successful and started touring, he realized he needed some help, so he recruited some of his musician friends. Never Shout Never's current lineup is:
- Christofer Drew (vocals, piano, guitar, ukulele, harmonica)
- Taylor McFee (bass and backing vocals)
- Hayden Kaiser (lead guitar)
They have a large selection of EPs, including The Yipee
(2009) and The Summer
(2009), but their studio albums are:
- What Is Love? (2010)
- Harmony (2010)
- Time Travel (2011)
This band presents examples of:
- Atomic F-Bomb
- Breakup Song: The Breakup Song, or as later on renamed, Robot.
- Love Nostalgia Song: Cheatercheaterbestfriendeater, Losing It, Lovesick and Lousy Truth, are just a few of the many NSN songs that belong to this trope.
- New Sound Album: Time Travel
- New-Age Retro Hippie: I'm not sure about the rest of the band, but Chris is a BIIIGGG hippie. He's a vegetarian, he's admitted that he is addicted to smoking weed, and he abuses of the word love.
- Those Two Guys: Hayden and Taylor. Poor babies...
- Darkand Troubled Past: I don't know if Chris's past is neccesarily dark and troubled, but he's sure had his fill of sad things in his past. He was kicked out when he sixteen, his brother won't talk to him, he's been smoking since he was fourteen, and the first girl he ever loved cheated on him with his best friend, causing him to give up tennis.In his first few shows, Chris would actually occasionally refuse to play a lot of his songs tht were about his past.
- Hidden Depths: Though it's hard to see because of Chris' deep and meaningful music, a lot of people are surprised at how deep he is. Because of his occasional immaturity and the way he casually throws things off, a lot of people find it hard to believe how much of an old soul he is.