Music: Nanowar Of Steel
Nanowar Of Steel (formerly known as Nanowar or NanowaRnote but later changed their name for copyright issues) is an Italian "parody-fun-gay-metal" band—in fact, they are the truest metal band in existence, standing head-and-shoulders above all the posers (or at least, that's what they claim). As the genre implies, their songs are mainly humorous Affectionate Parodies of various tropes and genres of metal in general.Debuting in 2003 with the demo "Triumph Of True Metal Of Steel", their first full-length album was 2005's "Other Bands Play, Nanowar Gay!". They followed with "Made In Naples" in 2007, and "Into Gay Pride Ride" in 2010. In the meanwhile, they went on a couple of tours around Europe.Their official website details their history, and their albums can be found on Jamendo. Warning: often very NSFW lyrics.
True tropes of steel found in their work include:
- Compound Title: The songs "Burger"note and "King".
- Double Entendre: "Surprise Love" is initially filled with barely concealed Ho Yay innuendo. Then it stops pretending it's about anything but gay sex.
- Heavy Meta: Fulfills this trope with songs like "True Metal Of The World (Ah-Ah)" and "Metal-La-La-La". And uses via Literal-Minded approach, so they got songs about, uh, the True Metal — such as "Outrue" (Cuprum! Yttrium! Plutonium!). Even their website's title is "Nanowar Of Steel Website of Nickel".
- Heävy Mëtal Ümlaut: The titles of "Intrue" and "Outrue" ("ue" being a way to represent the German "ü").
- Heavy Mithril: Some of the songs, such as "Look at Two Reels".To listen to their songs
You need to know a lot of things
And read at least seventy times
The "Lord of the Rings"
- The Immodest Orgasm: Women moaning suggestively appear throughout, most noticeably in "RAP-Sody".
- List Song: "Intrue" and "Outrue" lists metals (probably parodying "The Elements" by Tom Lehrer among other things).
- Mad Lib Metal Lyrics: Sometimes parodied with weakly linked, but strongly screamed lines.
- Manly Gay: A general recurring theme.
- Metal Scream: The scream (just after the spoken part) in "Metal-la-la-la" is probably the funniest use of Metal Scream.
- Miniscule Rocking: "Power Of The Power Of The Power (Of The Great Sword)", which is 5 seconds long.
- Mundane Made Awesome: A lot of their songs, such as "King", which makes a huge deal of eating a Happy Meal at McDonald's.
- Neo Classical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly:
- Testosterone Poisoning: This is some manly metal they have ready for ya.