Music: Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire
aka: Mr Muthafuckin E Xquire
Mr. Muthafuckin' eXquire (yes, the "Muthafuckin" is part of his name, and "eXquire" is capitalized that way) is a rapper from New York whose style can best be categorized as a combination of hardcore rap and pop culture references. His album Lost in Translation
is available for free on Bandcamp
(note that the cover is somewhat NSFW).
Tropes that apply to eXquire
- Affectionate Parody - "The Last Huzzah"'s music video is an homage to the video of "Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)" by Craig Mack. Notable for being early appearances of both The Notorious B.I.G. and Busta Rhymes.
- Boastful Rap - Lots of 'em.
- Cluster F-Bomb - He says "fuck" a lot.
- Deliberately Monochrome - The video for "The Last Huzzah", see Affectionate Parody above as for why.
- Drunken Master - In the vein of Ol' Dirty Bastard and MF DOOM, he likes to rap about booze. This very phrase has in fact been used to describe him.
- Epic Rocking - "Cockmeat Sandwich/Pissin' Between Train Cars" from Lost in Translation is basically a 7-and-a-half minute freestyle over 3 El-P instrumentals.
- Insistent Terminology - In his own words; "Don't forget the 'Muthafuckin' ', without that, it's nuthin'"
- Shout-Out - Usually to other rappers and Marvel comics.
- Nice Hat - he has a couple he wears during live shows.
- Take That - To his ex girlfriend, fairly often.
- The "YeahRight!.com" skit is one to the website of the same name.
- Used humorously in "Chicken Spot Rock", where he takes shots at other chicken joints.
- His appearance on Heems' "You Have to Ride the Wave" takes a shot at the producer of the track for not sending him beats he asked for.
- Trademark Favorite Food - If "Chicken Spot Rock" is to be believed, it's Kennedy Fried Chicken.note