Music: Mike Patton
Starting out as frontman for his high school band Mr. Bungle, Mike Patton was catapulted to fame with his signing by Faith No More as their new singer. Since then he become insanely prolific; fronting numerous increasingly eclectic bands, as well as collaborating with a huge number of other artists (such as The Dillinger Escape Plan, Serj Tankian, Massive Attack, The Qemists and Bj÷rk of all people).In 2007 he started working on various projects in voice acting, mainly as crazy-ass demented characters, such as the eponymous Darkness in The Darkness, the Anger Sphere in Portal, zombies in Left 4 Dead and creatures in I Am Legend. From this you probably think that he exclusively does insane gabbling in weird voices, and you'd be right... if he hadn't also voiced the main character in Bionic Commando. Also provides the Lemony Narrator of Bunraku.Notable Groups Associated With Mike Patton
- Mr. Bungle
- Faith No More
- Peeping Tom
- John Zorn
- Mike Patton Mondo Cane
Tropes associated with Mike Patton
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Deadpan Snarker
- Even the Guys Want Him: If this is any indication.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Averted. During his third performance with Faith No More, he accidentally cut himself on a broken bottle, which severed the tendons and nerves in his right hand. While he can still use it, that hand is now permanently numb.
- Genre Roulette: His various projects cover a number of styles, including Alternative Rock, Pop, Heavy Metal, Hip Hop, Funk, Jazz, Trip Hop and Experimental Music.
- Insufferable Genius: Notoriously arrogant and standoffish in person.
- Internet Backlash: Mike encountered one in regards to his comments on Wolfmother. Since then, he publicly forgave Wolfmother and the fanbase, admitting he was in a bad mood that day.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Very much so in his younger days.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: He is the embodiment of this trope. He has a six-octave vocal range, making him by far the singer with the widest range on record. (For the record, the second singer on the list, Corey Taylor, was three whole notes behind him). The artist who comes the closest to Patton's singing versatility is Kyo, the singer of Dir en grey, who is regarded as the Japanese Mike Patton.
- Rap Rock/Rap Metal: Early pioneer of this.
- Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll: Averted. He's been known to be very critical of the infamous rock star lifestyle, and the only "drug" he's ever been on is caffeine.