Music: Mary And The Black Lamb
Mary and the Black Lamb are a Gothic rock band from Ontario Canada. Lead singer Lindz Riot and guitarist Nixon Cutz formed the band in the autumn of 2007, naming it because they felt like they didn't fit in well with old bands, friends, and family, like Black Sheep. After gaining the members Jordan Caverly to play bass, Matt Kelly on keys, and the crazy Scott Brindley to play drums the band went on to make their debut album "As The City Sleeps". Since then they have gone on to make an acoustic EP and have a second album on the way.
Mary and the Black Lamb provides examples of:
- Concept Album: "As The City Sleeps" they call the soundtrack to the band members life stories.
- Cover Version: They have done a cover of Nine Inch Nails' Closer, Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People and various others.
- Grief Song: Emily
- Goth Rock
- Indecipherable Lyrics: Part of "Forgot You Now" is hard to understand because its being drowned out by a guitar solo and has a very static sound to it.
- Metal Scream: Most of the lyrics Nixon sings are screamed in a death metally way.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: They are usually around 5 or 6 but some songs like Gone and Silence are around a 1 or 2
- Non-Appearing Title: Departed is the only song on the first album with out a title drop.
- Spoken Word in Music: "Emily" has Lindz reenacting a phone call.