Lords of Acid is a spectacularly raunchy Belgian acid house band.
Created in 1988 by Praga Khan (aka Maurice Engelen), Darling Nikkie (aka Nikkie van Lierop and Jade4U), and Oliver Adams, Lords of Acid is notorious for its hard-edged chainsaw techno grooves, its dead sexy female lead vocalists (currently DJ Mea), and its incredibly filthy lyrics, 99% of which can't be played on US radio even with editing. To put it in perspective, their first single was a long and heavily looped track called "I Sit On Acid", which featured van Lierop chanting "sit on my face" and laughing orgasmically... after an opening lyric of "Darling come here, fuck me up the-"
Lords of Acid has examples of:
- A-Cup Angst / Buxom Is Better: "I Must Increase My Bust"
- All Women Are Lustful: Too many of their songs to count, though "Pussy", being three minutes of girl-on-girl homoerotic trash talk, is possibly the most blatant. Not that this is saying much.
- Bow Chicka Wow Wow: Surprisingly averted (wah-wah guitar doesn't mix too well with acid house), but on a meta level, this is Lo A's entire reason for existing.
- Oh, mixing the two can be done. That's what Madchester was for...
- And porn star Alana Evans sings lead on their 2012 single "Pop That Tooshie".
- Crossdresser: "Long Johns"... and he's the most popular guy in the strip club as a result.
- Everyone Is Bi: Well, they don't do a whole lot of man-on-man, but the female characters in their songs tend not to be picky.
- Watch It Stoned: "Marijuana In Your Brain", "LSD = Truth".
- Fetish Fuel: Redundant. The fire's already burning out of control and it smells like perfume, leather, and sex.
- Invoked in the live shows. For example, during "Spank My Booty", they bring girls up onstage and spank them with this paddle/whip thing.
- Intercourse with You: Nearly every single one of their songs. Even "Pussy", which sounds like a double entendre but, well... isn't.
- Interspecies Romance: "Crablouse" actually makes itchy parasites sound sexy.
- ... Mmmmmmmaybe a brief one in "Rover Take Over"? At the least, the singer apparently got ideas by watching her dog, um, lick himself.
- In The Style Of: Although sung to a rather different tune, much of "Drowning In Ecstasy" is essentially US Army-style jody calls. The femdom overtones of the lyrics add a playful touch of Drill Sergeant Nasty to complete the effect.
- Ironic Nursery Rhyme: "Out Comes The Evil". One of their very few non-sexual songs.
- Lad-ette: van Lierop plays this well, though her replacement, Deborah Ostrega, had the look down better.
- My Girl Is a Slut: "Skrood bi U".
- Retraux: "Slip 'n Slide" sounds like a mashup of Phil Spector's girl group songs with 90s arrangements. It doesn't sound like their usual style at all. It's been likened to Best Coast and the Raveonettes.
- Serial Escalation: their over-the-top lyrics flirt with this constantly.
- Stripperific: You could take a few spins on a pole to most of their songs.
- Yandere: "Gimme Gimme" is a song about a pop star who has fallen desperately in love with her Stalker with a Crush.