Music / Level 80 Elite Tauren Chieftain
ETC are a band composed of employees of Blizzard Entertainment
who do Heavy Mithril
songs related to the company's games, usually Warcraft
and World of Warcraft
They were called Tenth Level Tauren Chieftain in the days of Warcraft III
, changed to Level 60 Elite when WoW came out, then went up to 70 with the release of the Burning Crusade
expansion and 80 with Wrath of the Lich King,
to keep up with the maximum level. At BlizzCon 2009, in the wake of another announced level cap increase for the Cataclysm
expansion, they broke their pattern and instead changed their name to this symbol◊
, referring to themselves as "The Artists Formerly Known as Level 80 Elite Tauren Chieftain"
(or TAFKAL 80 ETC for short), parodying Prince
. They became Level 90 Elite Tauren Chieftan when Mists of Pandaria
raised the level cap once more, returning to their usual pattern. With the release of Warlords of Draenor
and the level cap raising to 100, they instead ended their pattern of name changes once and for all by settling on "Elite Tauren Chieftan".
They 'appear' in World of Warcraft
itself as The Tauren Chieftains, doing hourly performances of "Power of the Horde" in the Darkmoon Faire, as well as standing in Silvermoon City on a balcony and waving back to anyone who waves at them.
- Vocalist: Samwise "Samuro" Didier, also Blizzard's art director.
- Rhythm Guitarist: Chris "Sig Nicious" Sigaty, also the lead producer of Starcraft II.
- Lead Guitarist: Dave "Bergrisst" Berggren, also a concept artist and game designer.
- Bassist: Mike "Mai'Kyl" Morhaime, also Blizzard's president and co-founder.
- Drummer: Alan "Chief Thunder-Skins" Dabiri, also a senior programmer (though credited with the ambiguous term "dunsel").
This band has examples of: