Kisaki is a Japanese Visual Kei Hard Rock
musician and producer
. He has worked with many other Japanese rock bands, including La:Sadie's
, Syndrome and Phantasmagoria. As record producer of UNDER CODE PRODUCTION
, a sub-label of FREE-WILL, he has produced material for many bands in the VK scene.
While he is known for being a prolific composer and record producer, he has had a tumultuous musical career, marked by numerous unlucky moments and mishaps; after his split with La:Sadie's, he formed numerous musical projects, which gained little mainstream success and suffered disbandments. His label, Under Code
Production, was particularly notorious for its similar-sounding and equally short-lived bands, before it went bankrupt in 2013 - leading all of the bands on it to either disband or scramble for new labels.
Bands Associated with Kisaki:
- Levia (1993-1994)
- SHEY≠DE (04/1994-07/1994)
- Kisaki Project (1994; 2002-2004; 2006-2007)
- STELLA MARIA (1995)
- La:Sadie's/Dir En Grey (1996-1997)
- MIRAGE (1997-2000)
- Syndrome (2000-2002)
- Phantasmagoria (2004-2007)
- Lin -the end of corruption world- (2010-present)
Kisaki Provides Examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender
- Anime Hair
- Born Unlucky: Kisaki suffers from one of the highest turnover rates of any popular Visual Kei musician. He has worked with many more bands aside from those listed above.
- Costume Porn: Nuff said◊.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He pulls off the look to rather epic results.
- Expy/Follow the Leader: The UNDER CODE PRODUCTION bands. They seem to be based off whatever style Kisaki's bands are pulling off. Also, they have a nasty reputation for sounding like Dir En Grey.
- High Turnover Rate: Again, Kisaki's career is infamous for the number of bands that have broken up under his leadership.
- In The Style Of: All the bands he has worked with sound eerily similar to his earlier bands, in particular, La:Sadie's
- I Am the Band: Refer to the list above.
- Munchausen Syndrome / Playing Sick: While he did suffer one near-fatal illness, he has also suffered this (as well as the "Munchausen by Proxy Server" variant) in that he has made himself sick and faked illnesses, surgeries, and hospital stays simply to get sympathy or to get his bands/creditors/whomever to hold off on demanding payment.
- Nobody Loves the Bassist: Many UNDER CODE PRODUCTION fans like him, but it seems like the bands who have worked with him don't. Kaoru of Dir En Grey, in fact, ejected him from the band before their successful start, because he didn't want the band to debut yet.
- Revolving Door Band: Taken to the Logical Extreme. He has gone through entire bands and is expected to go through more.
- The Pete Best: Kisaki is this to Dir En Grey. Also gets the Old Shame treatment, as he is largely overlooked by the fandom.
- The Jinx: Not only did the curse of unstable band lineups befall him, but it also affected every single band who worked under Under Code production. Eventually the label itself was dissolved in early 2013.
- What Could Have Been: He is a highly proficient bass player, being able to player faster, heavier and more complex basslines than current Dir En Grey bassist Toshiya (who can only come close in some songs). But had he allowed the band to debut early, he would have, alongside the band, acquired the attention of Yoshiki Hayashi, brought to the forefront of the VK scene, had a more stable musical career. He would have become very popular among the international metal scene as a bass virtuoso. Sadly, he didn't.
- Some fans think otherwise.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: He pulls off the female look so well that even straight male fans find him beautiful.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair: He is so well-known for his neon-pink-slash-black two-tone hair that it is somewhat jarring to see him having a different hair color.