Kisaki is a Japanese Visual Kei Hard Rock/Heavy Metal musician and producer. He has worked with many other Japanese rock bands, including La:Sadie's, Syndrome and Phantasmagoria. As record producer of UNDER CODE PRODUCTION, a sub-label of FREE-WILL, he has produced material for many bands in the VK scene.While he is known for being a prolific composer and record producer, he has had a tumultuous musical career, marked by numerous unlucky moments and mishaps; after his split with La:Sadie's, he formed numerous musical projects, which gained little mainstream success and suffered disbandments. His label, Under Code Production, was particularly notorious for its similar-sounding and equally short-lived bands, before it went bankrupt in 2013 - leading all of the bands on it to either disband or scramble for new labels.
Bands Associated with Kisaki (Partial List):
- Levia (1993-1994)
- SHEY≠DE (04/1994-07/1994)
- Kisaki Project (1994; 2002-2004; 2006-2007)
- STELLA MARIA (1995)
- La:Sadie's/Dir en grey (1996-1997)
- MIRAGE (1997-2000)
- Syndrome (2000-2002)
- Phantasmagoria (2004-2007)
- Lin -the end of corruption world- (2010-present)
Other associated acts
- The Gazette (signed to Matina before moving to PS Company)
- Megaromania (signed to Under Code)
- Nega (signed to Under Code)
- Heisei Isshin (signed to Under Code)
- Vidoll (once signed to Under Code, disbanded 2011)
- 12012 (once signed to Under Code before moving to Free Will Records)
Labels ran by Kisaki
- Under Code Productions
Kisaki Provides Examples of:
- Ambiguous Gender: One of Visual Kei's finest examples, along with Bou of An Cafe, Hizaki of Versailles and both Toshiya and Shinya of Dir en grey.
- Attention Whore: Highly notorious among Visual Kei fans for his attempts to gain sympathy...
- Blatant Lies: In one episode of Munchausen by Proxy Server, he stole other people's hospital pictures and posted them as his own.
- Born Unlucky: Kisaki suffers from one of the highest turnover rates of any popular Visual Kei musician. He has worked with many more bands aside from those listed above.
- Costume Porn: Nuff said◊.
- Drama Queen: Arguably the Visual scene's Medical Drama Queen, in competition with Yoshiki.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: He pulls off the look to rather epic results.
- Expy: While he does have his own Visual styles, he is well-known as one of the most blatant hide clones in the active scene. Not only that, his bandmates from Phantasmagoria were also notable for cloning Visual Shock-era musicians.
- The UNDER CODE PRODUCTION bands were not only clones of Visual Shock bands, but they were also known for copying each other in terms of visuals, and are also known for sounding like obvious Dir en grey copies.
- Follow the Leader: He went from shaping La:Sadie's sound and image to imitating his ex-bandmates who are now Japan's biggest modern Heavy Metal outfit.
- High Turnover Rate: Again, Kisaki's career is infamous for the number of bands that have broken up under his leadership.
- I Am the Band: Refer to the list above.
- Mock Millionaire: For a long while he claimed to be richer than he was, and Under Code Production's financials to be absolutely fine. The only problem with this strategy happened when multiple bands demanded payment and the tax authorities came calling - finding Kisaki to be near bankrupt.
- Munchausen Syndrome / Playing Sick: While he did suffer one near-fatal illness, he has also suffered this (as well as the "Munchausen by Proxy Server" variant) in that he has made himself sick and faked illnesses, surgeries, and hospital stays simply to get sympathy or to get his bands/creditors/whomever to hold off on demanding payment.
- Nobody Loves the Bassist: Many UNDER CODE PRODUCTION fans like him, but it seems like the bands who have worked with him don't. Kaoru of Dir en grey, in fact, ejected him from the band before their successful start, because he didn't want the band to debut yet.
- He is starting to retroactively get this, due to his failure in keeping Under Code Productions active despite the label's success as the only neo-Visual Shock label, as well as his poor band management skills.
- Revolving Door Band: Taken to the Logical Extreme. He has gone through entire bands and is expected to go through more.
- The Jinx: Not only did the curse of unstable band lineups befall him, but it also affected every single band who worked under Under Code production. Eventually the label itself was dissolved in early 2013.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: He pulls off the female look so well that even straight male fans find him beautiful.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.