Music: Kilo Kish
Kilo Kish is a female recording artist hailing from Orlando, Florida and currently residing in New York City.She has been featured on The Internet's ''Purple Naked Ladies'' and Childish Gambino's Royalty. Her debut mixtape, Homeschool, was released in 2012.Her style is a mellow, downbeat "cool" rapping, like R&B without the harmony. Like Earl Sweatshirt, her rhyme schemes can be dauntingly complex. She bucks the classic trend of rap braggadocio.
- Homeschool (2012)
- K+ (2013)
Tropes present in her music:
- Alternative Hip Hop: Although her muted, Neptunes-styled production is rather detached from the hard-beat sample heavy house-style hip hop, she has a lot in common stylistically with groups like OddFuture, not surprising given her number of collaborations with them.
- Breakup Song: '"You're Right"
- Lyrical Cold Open: "'Crosstown"
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Can come off this way in both interviews and Studio Chatter.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl
- Melismatic Vocals
- Non-Appearing Title
- Purple Prose
- Quarreling Song: "Julienne", some of "Love2K".
- Self-Backing Vocalist
- Spoken Word in Music: An excellent example in Julienne, as the whole song is a conversation between her and two guys, one of whom is her boyfriend. She sings her part, but neither of the boys do.
- Studio Chatter: K+ is lousy with it.