Music: Kanjani 8
Kanjani 8 is a Japanese boy band that was formed in 2002, and debuted in 2004. They were formed and debuted by Johnnys and Associates, and, as many other groups in the company, have enjoyed success. This, however, took them longer to achieve than the average group, as they were rising from the then struggling Kansai branch.The group consists of Shibutani Subaru, Nishikido Ryo, Yasuda Shota, Ohkura Tadayoshi, Maruyama Ryuhei, Yokoyama You and Murakami Shingo. Uchi Hiroki used to be the group's eighth member, but was kicked out of the group after he was caught drinking underage.
- Ambiguously Gay: Yasu. Just.... Yasu. Everyone mocks him about it and it doesn't help that he plays it up. A lot.
- Maru's been playing this up more than Yasu has, what with his "confessing" his admiration for Arashi's Ninomiya Kazunari and Ikuta Toma. And that one time where he wanted Yoko to kiss him.
- Adorkable: Maru, Yasu, Ryo, Hina. Everyone, really.
- Ass Shove: ...we're looking at you, Subaru.
- Back from the Dead: Generally, someone dies in their concert skits. Be it one member, or every single one of them, they will comes back, no questions asked. Even if it does require sparkle dust.
- Badass Adorable: Yasu, Maru, Subaru...
- you can say this for all the members when they were Juniors, though.
- Big Eater: Ohkura, Maru and Yoko, the Glutton Trio. Big time.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: Maru (boke) and Yasu (tsukkomi), Hina and EVERYONE. In fact, he's the one Johnny's talent who could get away with tsukkomi'ing/dope slapping a senpai.
- totally averted though, whenever it involves Subaru as the tsukkomi.
- Boyband: Obvious enough, but they will mock the fact they are.
- Christmas Episode: Their variety shows. For example, the short lived Kanpani had an episode where the perfomed christmas songs, and ate food with something not so pleasant inside it in the middle.
- Christmas Songs: Eight of them, nine if you count the winter remix songs.
- Cry Cute: This is part of the reason why most people love seeing Ryo in dramas.
- Maru and Ryo during the Hohoemi Date.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: In one of their concert skits, Ryo just went and died because he loved everyone too much, Subaru died by laughing, Maru killed Yasu with a plastic mallet, and he killed himself with it too. Then again, they did get better...
- Cute Little Fangs: In the sense of the real life yaeba, Hina has these.
- The Idiot from Osaka: They live and breathe this trope.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Ryo and sometimes Subaru.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Pretty much every member, especially Ryo "NICE OPPAI" and Subaru, the "bean-throwing hentai-sama".
- More Teeth than the Osmond Family: Nishikido. Freakin'. Ryo.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Murakami "Hina" Shingo, Maruyama "Maru" Ryuhei, Yokoyama "You" or "Yoko" Kimitaka
- In the case of Yoko: when he joined the agency, Johnny Kitagawa couldn't read the kanji for his name and Johnny has/had a reputation for referring to people as "you" instead of "anata, kimi" etc., so Johnny told him that "today, you will be YOU". But no one calls him that, opting for "Yoko" instead.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: All of the members, really, but mainly Ryo...that is when he's not being a creep.
- Rummage Sale Reject: Yasuda Shota, the fans are looking at you.
- Shrinking Violet: Despite being outgoing and loud on TV, behind the scenes members have stated that Subaru and Yoko are pretty much this, to the point where Subaru had trouble making new friends outside of their agency.
- Super Sentai: They assume the role of an obvious Super Sentai homage in a series of performances at their concerts as Eight Ranger/Eito Rangers. The members have the following roles:
- Red Ranger: Shibutani Subaru
- Yellow Ranger: Nishikido Ryo
- Orange Ranger: Maruyama Ryuhei
- Blue Ranger: Yasuda Shota
- [Green Ranger: Ohkura Tadayoshi
- Purple Ranger: Murakami Shingo
- Black Ranger: Yokoyama You
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.