Right where you want him.
You're the one I wanna chase, you're the one I wanna hold...
Jesse McCartney (born April 9, 1987) is a Teen Idol
, formerly of the Boy Band
Dream Street. He released his first solo album in 2004. "Beautiful Soul" is regarded as the song that shot him to fame. He's also an actor and voice actor.
He achieved fame in the late 1990s on the daytime drama All My Children as JR Chandler. He later joined boy band Dream Street, and eventually branched out into a solo musical career.
Additionally, he has appeared on shows such as Summerland
. He also is known for lending his voice as Theodore in Alvin and the Chipmunks and its sequels, as well as voicing the characters Roxas and Ventus in the video game series Kingdom Hearts, developed by Square Enix. He is currently voicing Robin/Nightwing
for Young Justice.
Known for songs such as "Leavin'", "Beautiful Soul", "She's No You" "Shake" and "Right Where You Want Me".
His first album was known for its blue-eyed soul/pop vibe. His second album had some very Maroon5
themes and chords, and his third album had some very Justin Timberlake
vibes in it.No relation to Paul.
- Beautiful Soul (2004)
- Right Where You Want Me (2006)
- Departure (2008)
- In Technicolor (2014)
Tropes that apply to him:
- Break Up Song: "It's Over", "How Do You Sleep", "Runnin", "Not Your Enemy", "Anybody", "Just Go"
- Break Up Break Out: From Dream Street.
- Darker and Edgier: He plays a pretty messed up and creepy person in his Law and Order episode.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "The Best Day Of My Life" refers to a one night stand turned relationship, nobody over the age of 15 would read it that way though. Also his second and third albums.
- Grief Song: "Invincible"
- Green-Eyed Monster: Telling his girlfriend not to be jealous in "She's No You."
- Hidden Depths: "Bleeding Love" Leona Lewis's worldwide smash hit was originally written and recorded by him.
- Hotter and Sexier: Walking this path for a while.
- Ink-Suit Actor: What he more or less is for Terence in the Disney Fairies movies.
- Intercourse with You: Present in albums second and third, basically all subtly out the window on "Into Ya."
- In Da Club: Get Your Shine On, Rock You, My Baby, Freaky...
- Living Emotional Crutch: "Because You Live" is a sweet example.
"Because you live
- Love at First Sight: "What's Your Name?"
- Love Is A Drug: "Relapse"
- Long Title: "Right Where You Want Me," "Why Is Love So Hard To Find?," "Why Don't You Kiss Her," "The Best Day of My Life"
- New Sound Album / Genre Shift: "Departure" has an RNB edge none of his other albums have.
- Obsession Song: Most of his first album is this.
- Re Release The Song: Beautiful Soul cleaned up for A Cinderella Story.
- Refuge in Audacity: "Into Ya" throws all subtlety out the window for a hilarious result.
- Silly Love Songs: Several, but one that is still pretty well-remembered is "Beautiful Soul."
- Unplugged Version: He does extremely well live with just a guitar.
- Updated Re Release: Departure was rereleased with five bonus tracks and called Recharged...
Don't want a minute to go to waste, I want you and your beautiful soul...