[[caption-width-right:253:Just wait 'til you hear her [[SingingVoiceDissonance sing]].]]
Jackie Evancho (born April 9, 2000) is an American [[NeoclassicalPunkZydecoRockabilly classical crossover]] singer who impressed the public on ''AmericasGotTalent'', singing "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKhmFSV-XB0 O mio babbino caro]]" and thoroughly stunning the judges and audience with her "voice of an angel." The richness of the voice has been met with disbelief that a little girl can sing so well. She had sung before, having been inspired by ''Theatre/ThePhantomOfTheOpera'', but her appearance on AGT was what got her noticed. She finished in second place for that season of AGT but has unsurprisingly found greater success since. Her second album, a Christmas EP, topped Amazon.com's charts in pre-orders later going platinum. Making her the top debut artist of 2010. She has sung several more songs, and released the studio album ''Dream with Me'' featuring among other things a duet with BarbraStreisand. June 2011 had it debuting at #2 on the Billboard music charts.
She has made several appearances in public, such as a duet rendition of "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjl5b6tlns Silent Night]]" with Music/KatherineJenkins at Rockefeller Plaza, a performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner," and performances with various symphony orchestras. On her own she sang [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Q7AFys6bA&feature=related Oh Holy Night]] at the National Christmas Tree Lighting with the President in attendance.
* ''Prelude to a Dream'' (2009)
* ''O Holy Night'' EP (2010)
* ''Dream with Me'' (2011)
* ''Heavenly Christmas'' (2011)
* ''Songs from the Silver Screen'' (2012)
* ''Awakening'' (2014)
* ''Someday at Christmas'' (2016)
* ''Two Hearts'' (2017)
* ChildProdigy: Singing difficult operatic arias at age eight.
* CostumePorn: Jackie's outfits in the ''Writing's on the Wall'' music video.
* CoverVersion: "Music of the Night", "My Heart Will Go On", "Angel", "What a Wonderful World", and "The Rains of Castamere", just to name a few.
* GrayEyes: Of the "innocent child" variety.
* ImprobableAge: Do you know many little girls that can sing duets with the top selling female artist ever? And hold their own?
* IncrediblyLongNote: On her album "Dream With Me", Jackie sustains the third "vincero" in the difficult aria Nessun Dorma for nine seconds! And the song was recorded when she was just ten years old!
* ItsPronouncedTroPAY: Her last name is pronounced "I-VAN-ko."
* TheRunnerUpTakesItAll: Michael Grimm may have won AGT, but she's been more successful and probably better known. The decision may have been justified due to the grand prize being a 1-year gig in Las Vegas, which might not have been a good environment for a 10-year-old girl.
* SharpDressedWoman: She wears a nice James Bond-esque suit in the music video for ''Writing's on the Wall''.
** The music video for ''Safe and Sound'' has her wear a similar bodysuit and carry a bow and quiver like Katniss in ''Film/TheHungerGamesMockingjay''.
** The music video for ''Writing's on the Wall'' has her in a suit a la ''Franchise/JamesBond''.
* SingingVoiceDissonance: She talks like any young girl, but sounds like a much older singer.
* VocalDissonance: She was ten when she first hit it big, but she sings like well developed talents twice her age.