Jackie Evancho (born April 9, 2000) is an American classical crossover singer who impressed the public on America's Got Talent, singing "O mio babbino caro" and thoroughly stunning the judges and audience with her "voice of an angel." The richness of the voice has been met with disbelief that a little girl can sing so well. She had sung before, having been inspired by The Phantom of the Opera, but her appearance on AGT was what got her noticed. She finished in second place for that season of AGT but has unsurprisingly found greater success since. Her second album, a Christmas EP, topped Amazon.com's charts in pre-orders later going platinum. Making her the top debut artist of 2010. She has sung several more songs, and released the studio album Dream with Me featuring among other things a duet with Barbra Streisand. June 2011 had it debuting at #2 on the Billboard music charts.She has made several appearances in public, such as a duet rendition of "Silent Night" with Katherine Jenkins at Rockefeller Plaza, a performance of "The Star-Spangled Banner," and performances with various symphony orchestras. On her own she sang Oh Holy Night at the National Christmas Tree Lighting with the President in attendance.
- Prelude to a Dream (2009)
- O Holy Night EP (2010)
- Dream with Me (2011)
- Heavenly Christmas (2011)
- Songs from the Silver Screen (2012)
- Awakening (2014)
- Someday at Christmas (2016)
- Two Hearts (2017)
- Child Prodigy: Singing difficult operatic arias at age eight.
- Costume Porn: Jackie's outfits in the Writing's on the Wall music video.
- Cover Version: "Music of the Night", "My Heart Will Go On", "Angel", "What a Wonderful World", and "The Rains of Castamere", just to name a few.
- Gray Eyes: Of the "innocent child" variety.
- Improbable Age: Do you know many little girls that can sing duets with the top selling female artist ever? And hold their own?
- Incredibly Long Note: On her album "Dream With Me", Jackie sustains the third "vincero" in the difficult aria Nessun Dorma for nine seconds! And the song was recorded when she was just ten years old!
- It's Pronounced Tro-PAY: Her last name is pronounced "I-VAN-ko."
- The Runner-Up Takes It All: Michael Grimm may have won AGT, but she's been more successful and probably better known. The decision may have been justified due to the grand prize being a 1-year gig in Las Vegas, which might not have been a good environment for a 10-year-old girl.
- Sharp Dressed Woman: Jackie Evancho wears a nice James Bond-esque suit in the music video for Writing's on the Wall.
- Singing Voice Dissonance: She talks like any young girl, but sounds like a much older singer.
- Vocal Dissonance: She was ten when she first hit it big, but she sings like well developed talents twice her age.