Music: Inkubus Sukkubus
Inkubus Sukkubus are a British Goth and pagan band, formed in 1989 by Candia Ridley, Tony McKormack and Adam Henderson.
This band provides examples of:
- Artistic License – History: "Burning Times". It conflates the Inquisitions with the Witch Trials (the two overlapped sometimes, but they were not synonymous) and then goes on to claim that the Inquisitions targeted pagans, which is incredibly anachronistic. Most of the victims of the Inquisitions were avowed, even devout, Christians who got on the wrong side of Church's hierarchy (e.g. Joan of Arc, Girolamo Savonarola, Jacques de Molay).
- Boy Meets Ghoul: "Soul Inside"
- Cover Version: Of "Paint It Black" by The Rolling Stones and "Delilah" by Tom Jones.
- Domestic Abuser: "Reptile".
- Enthralling Siren: "Song of the Siren".
- The Hecate Sisters: "Trinity".
- Horny Devils: In the name, and the song "Incubus" (among others).
- Kiss of the Vampire: One of their albums was even titled Vampyre Erotica.
- Lilith: "Heart of Lilith".
- Long Runner: Pretty much. Their album discography shows just as well.
- My Nayme Is: Their name was originally spelled "Incubus Succubus", but was changed for numerological reasons.
- Ode to Intoxication: "Jägermeister"
- Sadly Mythtaken: "Lilith, Kali, Nemesis, Morrigan" proclaims all of those mythological figures to be "queens of the darkness, queens of the night" - despite the fact that that only describes Lilith. The rest are/were simply war goddesses.
- The Wild Hunt: "Wild Hunt"
- Witch Hunt: "Wake of the Christian Knights" and "All The Devil's Men".
- Witch Species: Really, listen to half the lyrics...