12012 (pronounced "ichi ni zero ichi ni" or "one-two-zero-one-two") is a Japanese Heavy Metal
band from Osaka Prefecture. Formed in 2003, the band is part of the Visual Kei
movement; much of the group's music and style revolves around the concept of "madness inside a human". The band was once signed to Kisaki
's UNDER CODE PRODUCTION label, but left the label in 2007 to sign with Universal Music. They have released five EPs and five studio albums, one of which is a double album.
Originally a five-piece, guitarist Yusuke Suga left the band in 2007. The band performed as a four-piece until guitarist Saitou Shinichirou joined the band in July 20, 2013. As of February 2014, it is on indefinite hiatus.
The band's name, and their alternate name (Kyouki Shoji) is derived from the penal code for possession of a dangerous weapon in California
- Wataru Miyawaki – vocals
- Hiroaki Sakai – guitar
- Saitou Shinichirou - guitar
- Tomoyuki Enya – bass
- Tōru Kawauchi – drums
- Yusuke Suga - guitar (2003-2007)
- Not Obtain+1 (February 1, 2006)
- Play Dolls (February 1, 2006)
- Diamond (December 12, 2007)
- Mar Maroon (March 11, 2009)
- Seven (July 14, 2010)
- 12012 (March 14, 2012)
- Increasingly (April 28, 2004)
- Bell Salem (October 6, 2004)
- Knight Mare (November 3, 2004)
- Shin -Deep- (December, 2004)
- Increasingly -Kanzen Ban- (June 15, 2005)
Tropes applying to 12012:
- Anime Theme Song: "Cyclone", the ending to Romeo X Juliet
- Ax-Crazy: Wataru, who was arrested for attempting to strangle a girl after a night of heavy drinking.
- Badass Bookworm: Hiroaki Sakai studied science while in university, holds 2 dan in karate, and once wanted to be a teacher.
- Cuteness Proximity: Wataru likes his dog, Heart-chan, and posts pictures of it online.
- Iconic Logo: 12012, in a big, chunky typeface.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Around 5-7, being an Alternative Metal band
- Otaku: Wataru is a gamer and is a fan of Dynasty Warriors
- Visual Kei: They have since opted for a more contemporary-looking Visual image, but their outfits and hair are still stylish enough to pass as Visual Kei by modern standards.