Howlin' For You
is a music video by American Blues Rock
band The Black Keys
. It's so troperiffic that it now has its own page. The video is a Real Trailer, Fake Movie
for a movie by the same name, and is chock-full of stars.
The video can be found on YouTube
Howlin' For You provides examples of:
- Action Girl: All of the women featured.
- Actor Allusion: Todd Bridges says: "Don't ask, you will never know what I'm talkin' about."
- All-Star Cast: Tricia Helfer, Diora Baird, Sean Patrick Flanery, Christian Serratos, Corbin Bernsen, Todd Bridges, and Shaun White.
- As Himself: The Black Keys appear as "Las Teclas de Negro."
- Badass Preacher/Bad Habits: The priest played by Todd Bridges.
"I'm pretty sure God would consider it a sin not to glorify that ass."
- Bilingual Bonus: "Las Teclas De Negro" is Spanish for "The Black Keys."
- Call Back \ Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Frank, the stuffed dinosaur from the "Tighten Up" and "Next Girl" videos, makes a cameo.
- Chainsaw Good: The neck of Dan's guitar conceals a pop-out chainsaw.
- Exploitation Film: The video is one long homage to the genre.
- Eye Scream: Alexa slashes a man across the eyes with a knife.
- Instrument of Murder: Las Teclas De Negro's instruments turn into weapons, including a chainsaw that pops out when the neck of the guitar is removed.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Several show up.
- Ms. Fanservice: Both Tricia Helfer and Diora Baird.
- Noodle Incident: The priest once strangled a chupacabra with his bare hands for not saying grace.
"Don't ask, you will never know what I'm talkin' about."
- Out with a Bang: "Bad guys beware: she'll bang you, but then she'll hang you."
- Real Trailer, Fake Movie
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Alexa Wolff, the protagonist is on one, but it's complicated by the fact that she ends up falling in love with the man she's after.
- She Is All Grown Up: "Now this kitten's all grown up and the claws are coming out."
- The Western
- You Killed My Father: The reason why Alexa is on her Roaring Rampage of Revenge.