Music / Holy Grail
In 2007, a band named White Wizzard
was formed by Jon Leon. This article is not about that band.
In spite of their relative success, the band was suffering from high tension between the members. Jon's solution? Fire everybody. The former members decided to create their own band.
And thus, Holy Grail was born.
Fronted by James-Paul Luna, Holy Grail has released three albums to date, Crisis In Utopia in October of 2010, Ride The Void, in January of 2013, and Time of Pride and Peril in February of 2016. The band has a similar "80's style" sound to White Wizzard, but with more modern influences, such as occasional bouts of screaming. However, the band still remains true to their roots.
The current line-up is:
- James-Paul Luna (vocals)
- Eli Santana (guitar)
- Alex Lee (other guitar)
- Tyler Meahl (drums)
- Blake Mount (bass)
The band and their songs provide examples of:
- Cover Version: "Exciter" and "Fast as a Shark" from the Improper Burial EP, along with "Kill the King" and "No Presents for Christmas" on the Seasons Bleedings EP.
- Harsh Vocals: Appear occasionally, generally in the heavier songs.
- Metal Scream: All over the place.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Generally a solid 7-8. Crosswinds borders on a 9.
- Power Metal
- Take That!: From the track-by-track for Ride the Void, the video about Crosswinds contains one directed towards Funk Metal:
: "It has, like, an evil, funk, kind of, guitar part right before the bridge, which-not Funk Metal
, cuz that would be dumb as fuck."