Frank Turner is a singer/songwriter from Winchester, UK. While originally part of a post-hardcore band called Million Dead, he then went solo playing folk/punk songs with his acoustic guitar. From his third album 'Poetry of the Deed' he has largely used electric guitars, and strings for his fifth album 'Tape Deck Heart'
He was born in Bahrain.
- Bad Bad Acting: Murder On The Tour Bus Express, probably intentional though.
- Breakup Song: Tape Deck Heart is a break up album, with the songs "Recovery", "Losing Days", "Plain Sailing Weather", "Good & Gone", "Tell Tale Signs", "Polaroid Picture", "Anymore" and "Undeveloped Film" all being about break ups in one form or another.
- Fisher King: "The Fisher King Blues"
- Growing Up Sucks: "Photosynthesis"
- "All my friends are getting married, mortgages and pension plans."
- It gets worse, his latest album, England Keep My Bones expands this by being focused in many songs on the realization that he will soon die.
- Hollywood Atheist: Averted with Glory Hallelujah which is a song about how there isn't a God so we can just focus on working hard and being happy.
- Hymn to Music: "I Still Believe"
- Knuckle Tattoos. He also has a song called 'Tattoos' celebrating the virtue of the artform.
- Lyrical Dissonance: The upbeat song "Heartless Bastard Motherfucker"
- Also "There Are Bad Times Just Around The Corner" in which he makes the Noel Coward song even more perky.
- Margaret Thatcher: "Thatcher Fucked The Kids"
- Old Shame: Turner's political opinions have changed a fair bit over time, making "Thatcher Fucked The Kids" this.
- Mondegreen: "She's so wrapped up in her invisible llama."
- Olympic Games: Played 3 songs for the London 2012 warm-up with his backing band the Sleeping Souls