Frank Turner is a singer/songwriter from Winchester, UK. While originally part of a post-hardcore band called Million Dead, he then went solo playing folk/punk songs with his acoustic guitar.
He was born in Bahrain.
- Bad Bad Acting: Murder On The Tour Bus Express, probably intentional though.
- Breakup Song: Tape Deck Heart is a break up album, with the songs "Recovery", "Losing Days", "Plain Sailing Weather", "Good & Gone", "Tell Tale Signs", "Polaroid Picture", "Anymore" and "Undeveloped Film" all being about break ups in one form or another.
- Fisher King: "The Fisher King Blues"
- Growing Up Sucks: "Photosynthesis"
- "All my friends are getting married, mortgages and pension plans."
- It gets worse, his latest album, England Keep My Bones expands this by being focused in many songs on the realization that he will soon die.
- Hollywood Atheist: Averted with Glory Hallelujah which is a song about how there isn't a God so we can just focus on working hard and being happy.
- Hymn To Music: "I Still Believe"
- Knuckle Tattoos
- Lyrical Dissonance: The upbeat song "Heartless Bastard Motherfucker"
- Margaret Thatcher: "Thatcher Fucked The Kids"
- Old Shame: Turner's political opinions have changed a fair bit over time, making "Thatcher Fucked The Kids" this.
- Mondegreen: "She's so wrapped up in her invisible llama."
- Olympic Games: Played 3 songs for the London 2012 warm-up with his backing band the Sleeping Souls