Music: Eagles of Death Metal
Eagles of Death Metal are an American Garage Rock/Alternative Rock band from Palm Desert, California, formed in 1998 by Jesse Hughes and Josh Homme. Despite the name, Eagles of Death Metal are not a Death Metal band. And definitely have nothing to do with the Eagles. (As a side note, some of you might have heard of Josh Homme's other band.)Hughes said that a friend was trying to introduce Josh Homme to the death metal genre. When he played a song by the Polish band Vader and made a claim that the song was death metal, Homme called them "The Eagles of death metal". After hearing this phrase, he wondered what a cross between the Eagles and a death metal band would sound like. In a 2003 interview Homme described the sound of the band as a combination of "bluegrass slide guitar mixed with stripper drum beats and Canned Heat vocals." Jesse Hughes is known and loved by fans for his enthusiastic and charismatic interaction with audiences at live performances.Because many first time listeners think it's a death metal band, this confusion has became a Fandom Berserk Button to some.They were performing at Le Bataclan theatre in Paris when it was attacked by terrorists on November 13, 2015. The band's performing members managed to escape the attack. They have cancelled the rest of their 2015 European tour and will return to the United States.
- Camp Straight: Jesse, so much.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Josh and Jesse
- I Am the Band: Josh and Jesse write and compose all of the songs.
- Lyrical Dissonance: Midnight Creeper is perhaps the second most cheerful song about a Serial Killer ever written.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: They are now, then, and forever at a 4.
- Punk Rock/Garage Rock/Stoner Rock/Desert Rock Uh, for space sake let's just call them Alternative Rock
- Revolving Door Band: Josh and Jesse are the only two original members, and Josh rarely ever plays live and yeah...
- Super Group: Basically, a lot of the contributors are from others bands, so they could be called this.
- Surreal Music Video: What the hell happened in "Wannabe in LA"?
- Title Only Chorus: "I Only Want You."