Covenant is a Swedish futurepop/ebm group with 3 members, albeit not always the same ones. The original lineup consisted of Eskil Simonsson, Joakim Montelius, and Clas Nachmanson. Nachmanson has since left the band, and has been replaced by Daniel Myer, of Haujobb/Destroid/Architect reknown, among many others.
- Dreams Of A Cryotank (1994)
- Sequencer (1996)
- Europa (1998)
- United States of Mind (2000)
- Northern Light (2002)
- Skyshaper (2006)
- Modern Ruin (2011)
- Leaving Babylon (2013)
This band provides examples of:
- Drone of Dread: "Modern Ruin Part II", a Hidden Track on Modern Ruin. Another dark ambient piece of theirs is "Cryotank Expansion" from Dreams of a Cryotank. Both of those are very Silent Hill-esque. "I Walk Slow" has a noise drone section reminiscent of Sunn O))).
- Epic Rocking: "Subterfugue for 3 Absynths" is a 42-minute song consisting of polyrhythmic noise loops. The aforementioned "Cryotank Expansion" is 26 minutes. "Flux" from Sequencer, in addition to being a total of nearly 12 minutes long, ends with three minutes of the atonal background sounds heard throughout the song proper. Taken Up to Eleven with the 75-minute "Jag ar Fullstandigt Tung" from the Limited Edition of Leaving Babylon.
- Loudness War: Northern Light and Modern Ruin are their worst offenders. Skyshaper is somewhat less loud than those two, and Leaving Babylon averts it further.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: All over the place, but their usual range is 5-to-9, with most songs being around a 6. Their first albums were solid 11's back in the days, and they still rank pretty high on the scale, around a 10, even to this day.
- Name's the Same: The Norwegian metal group The Kovenant originally went by the name Covenant as well! Until they were sued by this band, anyway.
- New Sound Album: Their first venture into genuine Future Pop was 1998's Europa, consequently the previous two albums suffer Early Installment Weirdness.
- Vocal Dissonance: It's very strange to realize that lead vocalist Eskil Simonsson — who is an outright bishonen, have such a deep voice.