- The Messenger (2012)
Colton and his work exhibits the following tropes:
- Ascended Fanboy: Of American Idol. He sang two former contestants songs (David Cook's "Permanent" and Daughtry's "What About Now"), and was in awe when Chris Daughtry asked to meet him.
- Badass Preacher: He prefers Christian Rock after all.
- Big Brother Instinct: Towards his sister Schyler.
- Hitless Hit Album: A Messenger reached the top 20 of the US Album charts, but the highest single on the chart was "Never Gone" at #113.
- Not Christian Rock: Colton is an outspoken Christian, but he said he doesn't want his music to exclude anyone.