Music: Clean Bandit
String-enhanced electronic dance music quartet from Cambridge, UK. 2014 saw them release an enormously popular single, "Rather Be" (which spent four weeks at number one in the UK and is the best-selling single from the first half of the year) followed by a debut album New Eyes.
Tropes associated with Clean Bandit:
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: The source of the name Clean Bandit, apparently from the Russian for "Utter Bastard".
- Hallucinations: The video for "Rather Be" involves a fan in Japan having hallucinations of the band's members and logo appearing everywhere in her day-to-day life.
- I Take Offense to That Last One: Inverted. The narration at the start of "Mozart's House" says "So you think electronic music is boring? You think it's stupid? You think it's repetitive? Well, it is repetitive..."
- Self-Demonstrating Song: "Mozart's House": "I can make my voice sta!cca!to! / then mix it allll le...ga...to"
- Title Track: "New Eyes" on New Eyes, naturally.