Music: Chris Brown
"Yeah, girls generally fail to be loyal if you call them "hoes", Chris. Or if you punch them."Christopher Maurice Brown (born May 5, 1989) is an American singer/rapper. He exploded on the music scene when he was just 15 years old, scoring a number one hit "Run It!" from his first self-titled album and is considered to be one of the singers to claim Michael Jackson's "King of Pop" title. His Hip Hop-infused R&B style and dance moves made him a perfect teen heartthrob.He came under heavy scrutiny and derision due to his Domestic Abuse incident with then-girlfriend, pop singer Rihanna in 2009. He was sentenced to community service and is a convicted felon. His popularity and sales took a hit, and much of 2009-2011 was spent rebuilding his image, with the occasional slip-up. It paid off; he scored a number one hit on the U.S. R&B charts with Deuces in 2010 and scored a number one album called F.A.M.E. in 2011 on the Billboard 200 charts, for which he received a Grammy award win in 2012. Unfortunately, his life and career continued to take a turn for the worse with more violent incidents (including fights with Drake and Frank Ocean), a messy love triangle with Rihanna and Karrueche Tran, and more arrests and trips to rehab. Despite (or in spite of) all this, he's still one of the more notable and popular R&B/Pop artists coming out of the Turn of the Millennium.
- Chris Brown (2005)
- Exclusive (2007)
- Graffiti (2009)
- F.A.M.E. (2011)
- Fortune (2012)
- X (2014)
- Royalty (2015)
- The O.C. — Will Tutt, 3 episodes (2007)
- Stomp The Yard — Duron Williams (2007)
- This Christmas — "Michael 'Baby' Whitfield" (2007)
- Takers — Jessie Attica (2010)
The musician showcases examples of:
- Auto-Tune: "Nobody's Business" with Rihanna. "Yeah 3x" uses it as well.
- Boastful Rap: "Look At Me Now".
- Breakup Song: "Say Goodbye" and "Deuces"
- Cursed with Awesome/Wangst: "Lucky Me"
- Darker and Edgier/Hotter and Sexier: They can't sell him as a fresh faced Child Popstar anymore, so he slowly morphed into this with his music and videos getting more explicit. His comeback album after the incident is his first with a parental advisory label. He's completely unrecognizable from what he was back when he first started.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde:Off and on during the ''F.A.M.E.'' album.◊
- Face-Heel Turn: Musically since the incident, he has gone from stuff good boy stuff like "With You" and "Say Goodbye" to bad boy tracks like "Deuces" and "Loyal".
- Fun with Acronyms: "F[orgiving].A[ll].M[y].E[nemies]." and "F[ans].A[re].M[y].E[verything]."
- Grammy Award: One for Best R&B Album for "F.A.M.E."
- Identical Stranger: Looks very much like NBA player Shannon Brown. Coincidentally, they share the same last name.
- Intercourse with You: "Take You Down" and later "Take My Time."
- Just on his F.A.M.E. album, there's "No B.S.", "Wet the Bed", and "Beg for It."
- Irony: His rivalry with Drake. Both have songs called "Forever".
- Must Make Amends: "Crawl," for example.
- Right Through His Pants: The video for "No Bullshit."
- Refuge in Audacity/Music: In "I'm Still":"You ni**as mad cause you fuckiní with them regular hos and ainít none better than my Asian.Ē
- Piss-Take Rap: Inverted, he does rap often in some songs. "Look at Me Now" is intended to be a Boastful Rap, but if you compare his verses to his guests - Busta Rhymes and Lil Wayne, it comes across as such.
- Self-Titled Album: His debut.
- Take That, Critics!: "Look At Me Now".
- Rihanna's song, which featured Chris Brown, "Nobody's Business", can't be a coincidence.
- The Rival: Drake. Possibly over Rihanna.
- Token Black: Amongst the cast of The O.C.. He was the only black recurring character, possibly only black character but his race never comes up In-Universe.
- The Tyson Zone: Quite a few fake stories float around the internet about him and the sad part is all of them are believable.
- Wolverine Publicity: He has done masses of features with rappers, including Busta Rhymes, Pitbull, T.I., Nas, Nicki Minaj, T-Pain, Fat Joe, Game and Big Sean. He's also featured on songs by Rihanna, David Guetta, Keri Hilson and Brandy. In in 2015, he's featured on 10 singles and that doesn't include 6 singles from 2014.