Look familiar? Say no more, for this is Caroline Lufkin
(born January 1, 1981)—younger sister of her much more popular Idol Singer
. While she may be a Lufkin, she has decided to take a different direction with her music and has since then, is working on as an independent Electronic
While she's not really as famous as her sister (like we said, she's an independent musician
), she is probably most well-known for leaving a lucrative major label contract that could've guaranteed her stardom. Her first single - Where's My Love?
- was released by an indie label on October 25, 2005. She's currently under the independent label of Temporary Residence Limited
where she released most of her stuff there.
- [2005.08.25] Where's My Love?
- [2006.08.02] Sunrise
- [2006.03.07] Murmurs
- [2011.01.xx] Verdugo Hills
Provides examples of:
- But Not Too Foreign: Remember, she is the sister of someone who is this. Her songs are however, predominantly English.
- Executive Meddling: This is the big reason she did what she did. They were trying to make her music sound "super-pop" which she did not want and begging her to change it. It's cool how she decided to be true to herself rather than follow her sister's footsteps. Whether she's now rather obscure or maybe a little popular, it's no denying that it's also cool she managed to keep her integrity intact.
- Spiritual Successor: Averted from being one for her sister. As mentioned above (and on OLIVIA's work page), she did not want to be a pop-star.
- For some, she is seen as a younger and obscure version of Björk. A review of her Murmurs album noted how some tracks sound like there's visible influence of it.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: From the picture, you could see that she eerily does look like her sister.