O-o-oa-oaCaramell was a Swedish musical group, formed by singers Katia Löfgren and Malin Sundström and producers Jorge "Vasco" Vasconcelo and Juha "Millboy" Myllylä. The band disbanded in 2002 after producing two albums, but re-formed in 2008 as Caramella Girls and has released some mixes and new singles.They are best known online for the internet phenomenon known as "Caramelldansen", a looping Flash animation showing anime characters Mai and Mii from the Japanese visual novel Popotan. The animation includes a sped-up version of the song "Caramelldansen," which means (If spelled with a 'K' and not a 'C') "The Caramel Dance," from Caramell's Supergott Album. Having taken off as an Internet meme, the popular Caramelldansen animation has been duplicated with characters from various anime and video game series, among others. Malin Sundström has also appeared as female vocals for the song "I Love the 90's" by Dr Alban Vs. Haddaway.
- Gott Och Blandat (13th Aug 1999)
- Supergott (2001)
Caramell has examples of:
- Ascended Meme: The dance has been implemented into the official music video.
- Caramelldansen Vid: Trope Namer
- Cover Version: Ooa Hela Natten by Attack.
- Dance Sensation
- Earworm: Caramelldansen.
- Europop: well, technically, the so called bubblegum dance...
- One-Hit Wonder: Caramelldansen is pretty much the only song they're known for, at least in the US. Even though it never was a top 40 hit, it's one of those songs that everyone on the internet knows.