Music: Canon Blue
Canon Blue (the pseudonym of Daniel James) is a folktronica musician from Nashville, Tennessee. As there is no page for the folktronica genre yet, folktronica is the blending of one or more of the various subgenres of folk and electronic music. He is signed to the Rumraket label run by the Danish band Efterklang.
- Colonies (2007)
- Halcyon (free digital EP) (2007)
- Odds & Ends (EP) (2008)
- Rumspringa (2011)
Provides examples of:
- Alternative Rock: Mother Tongue is probably the rockiest track on Colonies.
- Ambient: Mouth To Mouth and Kingfisher Sweet stand out in particular. Canon Blue describes himself as being an ambient musician.
- Cover Version: He covered Crying by Roy Orbison.
- Dream Pop
- Echoing Acoustics: Lots of reverb here.
- Epic Instrumental Opener: Halcyon
- Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: There's a reason he's tagged as "experimental" on last.fm.
- Piss-Take Rap: Battle Hymn. It's not a bad song, it's just that he normally sounds slightly camp.