Bôa are a British alternative/indie band formed in London in 1993.Initially a funk band, Bôa had only been made up of drummer Ed Herten, keyboardist Paul Turrell, and Steve Rodgers on guitar and vocals. As their popularity grew, so did their band; they recruited Alex Caird on bass guitar, Ben Henderson on saxophone, and Steve's younger sister Jasmine Rodgers on lead vocals. Their biggest hit is their single "Duvet", which was used as the opening theme song to the anime Serial Experiments Lain.
- All Love Is Unrequited: "Twilight" is about this.
- Band of Relatives: Steve and Jasmine Rodgers, who are brother and sister.
- Genre Shift: "Anna Maria" is an energetic bossa nova track.
- One Degree of Separation: Alex Caird had played with Ed Herten in another band prior; Ben Henderson had played in another band entirely with Alex also prior to joining Bôa.
- Silly Love Songs: Many of their tracks could qualify, but "Drinking" is the most obvious.
- The Smurfette Principle: Jasmine is the only female in the band.