A popular Australian hip-hop trio consisting of rappers MC Bliss (Bronx-born Jonathan Notley) and MC Eso (Max MacKinnon), and DJ Izm (Tarik Ejjamai). Within Australia, their success in the hip-hop scene is rivalled by few.For more Aussie hip-hop compare Hilltop Hoods, Koolism, Diafrix, The Last Kinection, Horrorshow.
Tropes found in their music include:
- Alternative Hip Hop - Some Bliss 'n' Eso songs, most memorably their collaboration with The Connections Zulu Choir in Bullet & A Target.
- Boastful Rap - Many examples of them boasting about their own rap skills, but in one song they even boast about Australia.
- Classical Music - Tchaikovsky remix in Destiny Lane.
- Conscious Hip Hop - Going so far as to have a rap about Global Warming of all things.
- Cool People Rebel Against Authority - Many songs express their disdain for politicians and other social authorities.
- Lighter and Softer - Many of their songs are extremely light-hearted and carefree, compared to most rap, and also compared to their more serious songs which touch on war, systemic injustice, etc.
- Political Rap - Lyrics are often anti-establishment, or even about specific issues such as anarchy in Africa.
- Protest Song - Bullet & A Target, The Sea Is Rising, many other examples.
- Surreal Humour - Used in some of their light-hearted songs.
- Word Salad Lyrics - Some light-hearted songs are a bit like this.