Music / Aural Vampire
is a Japanese Electronic Music
band, their music being described as Darkwave
influences. They are sometimes classified as Visual Kei
, though it is not their focus. Formed in 2004, they've spent most of their career as a duo consisting of EXO-CHIKA (vocals & lyrics) and RAVEMAN (music). In 2012 they added new members for the first time: Wu-CHY (bass), Higuchuuhei (guitar), ZEN (keyboard), and IZU (drums).
They have a bit of a cult following in the West thanks to frequently appearing at conventions there.
- Vampire Ecstasy (2004)
- Zoltank (2010)
- Kerguelen Vortex (2011)
- Razors on Backstreet (2014)
- Mimic Your Hairstyle (2015)
Tropes applying to Aural Vampire:
- Bi the Way: EXO-CHIKA has stated that she is bisexual in interviews.
- Cover Album: Mimic Your Hairstyle.
- Darkwave: It's even namedropped in "Darkwave Surfer".
- Dye Hard: EXO-CHIKA's trademark blonde hair, which she's had since debut. It's not her natural color, obviously.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: EXO-CHIKA, often. The rest of the time she's just plain Goth.
- Face of the Band: EXO-CHIKA. Justified in that until recently, the only other member of the band was The Faceless.
- The Faceless: As mentioned above, RAVEMAN never appears without a mask on.
- Ms. Fanservice: EXO-CHIKA again. Her stage outfits can be pretty sexy.
- Nightmare Fetishist: RAVEMAN and EXO-CHIKA share a fondness for horror movies.
- Otaku: EXO-CHIKA claims to be one.
- Rapunzel Hair: EXO-CHIKA's goes down to her wrists.
- Visual Kei: An obvious influence, but not their main foray.