Adam and the Couch Potatoes are a Nashville-based, kid-friendly indie rock band.
Its members are Adam Selzer, Neil O'Neil, Luke Skidmore, Tavi, and Amy Smith. Neil also has two other bands, The Protomen
and Cheer Up, Charlie Daniels
; Adam is also in the latter band.
Throughout their music, Adam and the Couch Potatoes encourage kids and their families to live a ‘Potato Lifestyle’ of playfulness, gratitude and contribution.
Not to be confused with Alvin and the Chipmunks
This band and its music provide examples of:
- Cool Shades: They often wear these.
- Excited Kids' Band Members: In live performances they're really happy to talk with kids. The kids, for their part, are excited about them, too.
- Mood Whiplash: Going from this to Neil O'Neil's other bands (and vice versa) can be...quite the switch.
- The Protomen: Neil is Dr. Wily in their album.
- Another Protomen member, the Gambler, has appeared in Adam and the Couch Potatoes.
- Adam played cymbals at their Act II release show.
- Recently, Luke signed on as their new guitarist.
- Rule of Cool
- Rule of Fun
- Slice of Life: Their songs deal with ordinary situations, like shopping at a shoe store, kids fighting in the car, and dealing with boredom.
- Sugar Bowl: In a good way!
- Sweet Dreams Fuel: Fishmas Day. Every day is a holiday!
- Great People. There are great people everywhere!