Mario: Mama, you know who you're talking about. You know what he's done.Whether poorly written or well-written, countless Fanfictions have equally countless villains. The worst of them are either OC villains committing acts so heinous that the canon villains think what they're doing is wrong or taking the already existing villains (or sometimes the heroes) and making them worse...MUCH worse...
Luigi: If he had the chance he'd kill you for fun and dance around in your skin! He's a monster!
Peach: A psychopath! A cannibal! I haven't forgotten...
Luigi: If he had the chance he'd kill you for fun and dance around in your skin! He's a monster!
Peach: A psychopath! A cannibal! I haven't forgotten...
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Mayuri Kurotsuchi) the The eponymous character from Clown. As far as fictional serial killers go, he is one of the most vile, evil creatures ever conceived. Mayuri tricked Ichigo's mother into going to an abandoned warehouse to talk about her son. A scene was not dedicated to it, but it is explained that she was brutally murdered, gutted, and then hung from the roof by her own intestines. Ichigo is also led to the scene where he discovers his mother. He feeds someone through a mulcher, eats children, and horrifically tortures most of his victims.
- Aaerenerio from Downfall tortures Kien with the face of his dead wife and mauls Rukia. He dies for it, but not before she is fatally wounded. And all that dosen't take into account the sneaking suspicion that someone else is pulling the strings...
- Winter War gives us an Aizen even worse than in canon. How, you ask? He Hollowfies and merges captured Shinigami with their Zanpakutos so that they serve him as Tortured Abominations (after torturing them), afixing members of the 4th Division with exploding collars, and more! The worst part? The above are examples of Pragmatic Villainy. The whole letting the balance of souls slip and risking letting the worlds be annhialated? Not so much, unfortunately, for all the normal souls being eaten by Hollows. Then we meet his subordinates.
- A Father's Wrath:
- Jashin was one when he was alive. He was a cruel and merciless Warlord who killed any who stood in his path, butchering entire countries and people years ago before the main timeline. He even used his own son as a Sacrifice to create a Summon which requires a hundred Sacrifices each use. He had no Freudian Excuse like others, he simply killed because he could. Eventually The Sage of Six Paths confronted and killed him but it got worse as his remaining followers deified him and vowed to continued killing all in his name.
- And in the Present time line Worshiphers Hidan and Keiji Sosano are just as bad. Hidan betrays Akatsuki and murders dozens of ninja and people and nearly kills Kakuzu and attacks Konoha with followers. Keiji takes over Earth and proclaims that they will start a Fourth Ninja War and that they proclaim an Age Of Jashin where all will worship him or be killed. Hidan even tried to go back in time and kill Naruto and change the past when he was born and see to it that Kyuubi destroys Konoha and would've if Orochimaru hadn't stopped him from doing so. Keiji willingly sacrificed thousands of troops in battles and killed the woman who loved him just so his plans wouldn't go unnoticed and be able to put put his final plan into action.
- Echoes: Yagura far outdoes his canon counterpart in heinousness and is easily the fic's most depraved villain. Seeing himself as "the ultimate predator," he hunts down and kills people for fun, engages in cannibalism, whimsically commits genocide to create a new , makes a sport out of murdering his minions for the most minor reasons, and ultimately wants to turn the world into a dog-eat-dog hellhole to rule over as a tyrannical warlord.
- Janita: Air Jay is a psychopathic Viking who kills people on a whim with his unique fire abilities. He was a mercenary in the Third Ninja War, killing a thousand people, before being sealed by Naruto's parents, Minato and Kushino. Upon being unsealed by bandits he burns them to death, and kills several more when informed him that Minato and Kushino have been killed, believing only he is allowed to kill them. Air Jay joins Takuma’s plan to unearth the weapon to destroy the village. Air Jay massacres a village as they try to fight back with pitchforks laughing about how easy it was, is about to kill a child when Hinata tries to stop him, considers killing Hinata in front of her daughter, the eponymous Janita, until he smells Naruto on her and takes her alive as bait. When Hinata wakes up she finds herself in a trap rigged to kill an innocent girl if she escapes. He later pulls Hinata down just to kill the girl. He sends eight bandits to kill his father for knowing his weakness, despite refusing to disclose it. Air Jay repeatedly torments and kills the slaves, having a woman tell them about all his actions and tells them she will die in ten seconds if they do not work harder only to kill her when he reaches six, takes two prisoners and asks Hinata which one he should kill then kills them both when she cannot decide, and has them all burned to death. He then loads up weapon with bombs to destroy the entire Leaf Village, unlike Takuma who simply wanted to kill the leader, Hiashi, and take over. He then drains Takuma's Chakra to power the machine telling him he intends to keep Hinata to abuse.
- Team 8, the author's interpretation of Itachi Uchiha seems to fit the bill. Unlike canon, he committed the Uchiha Massacre simply to test himself (as he originally claimed), but in-story his complete Lack of Empathy makes him one of the most deplorable individuals. In particular, when he crosses the Moral Event Horizon even further by killing Kurenai (showing absolutely no remorse or even emotion at having done so), his partner Kisame Hoshigaki - himself a renowned Blood Knight - is freaked out and disturbed by it.
- Tobi from War Of The Biju is the Big Bad and the Man Behind the Man to Nagato. Before convincing Nagato to create Akatsuki, he was Madara Uchiha's Dragon. Tobi was originally from a sect of the Uchiha Clan who rejected the truce between the Uchiha and Senju that formed Konoha...and its Sole Survivor. Why? He murdered them all, including his parents, younger siblings, and even lover so there was no competition. When Madara gave his final orders, preparing to die in his sleep...Tobi smothered him to assume the role. One of the things that stands out is how he framed the Uchiha Clan: while dueling Minato the Yondaime Hokage, he simultaneously led the Uchiha Clan on a wild goose chase, merging with the clone he used right after the control of Kurama, the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox. All so the Uchiha would be away right as Kurama got big Sharingan's in his eyes when the clan was gone right in front of the entire Konoha leadership. Then years later when after the Uchiha Clan began working amicably with the Village again he reappeared and blackmailed Fugaku Uchiha...after literally Mind Raping several women to death. All so he could get the Uchiha's support for the coup. Which he then helped Itachi put down. Finally he starts the most destructive War in the entire history of the Five Great Nations. Seeing everything but a big game to kill as many people as possible, Tobi lacks anything and everything that would make him sympathetic.
- Jacob Waterknot from Tilting the Balance is willing to kill and slaughter people for his own gain. The line crossing is when he plays a card that, in normal game terms, call down several a dozen meteors and destroy the field. However, he made the duel as real as it could be. The meteors were real and destroys a good portion of St. Paul, killing countless people just so he could attempt to defeat one person.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Forever has several villains, both those who serve as the Big Bad of their respective arc and those who are henchmen, but none come quite as close to utter vileness as Abel Drake, a member of the Quirky Miniboss Squad in the JUDAS arc. He mind-rapes children (using the Millennium Key's power to unlock and alter memories as he sees fit) For the Evulz, forced one character to relive her Dark and Troubled Past using said ability, and had a very bad impact on another major character's screwed-up development by stealing that character's mother's soul to power the revival of an Eldritch Abomination, then brainwashed said character and his sister so they wouldn't remember that part of their past.
- TorBey from the Puella Magi Madoka Magica fic Magica Madoka Veneficus Puella. This time, as KyuBey's lackey, he forgoes all that which KyuBey at least attempted, from the fact that he doesn't bother to grant any wishes, to the fact that his purpose is to destroy the human population of Earth, he is more than qualified for a spot on this fine list of horrible villains.
- From the Neon Genesis Evangelion fic Nobody Dies, we have Iruel. Eldritch Abominations are generally exempt from Complete Monster status due to Blue and Orange Morality and other such things, but Iruel manages to overcome this because he is considered repulsive and horrific even by the other Angels. During a synch test, he traps the pilots and Mana in a Lotus-Eater Machine and turns their dream worlds into nightmarish manipulations of their worst fears. The only thing keeping the chapter from being 100 percent horror is Rei's scenario. None of the other Angels had any particularly negative sentiments to Iruel's death, and when they learned there was a possibility that he was still alive, their immediate thought was to kill him before he does anything.
- Mai-HiME fanfiction Perfection Is Overrated: Kirihara Hitomi is the first SUE to encounter the protagonists. While she initially spent her time mind controlling people and robbing them, after being forced to kill a police officer and a witness, she quickly got worse. In the appropriately-titled chapter Moral Event Horizon, Hitomi proceeds to commit her most vile crimes. First, she used mind control on a police officer to murder twenty innocent people—including a baby, because her cries annoyed her—before committing suicide when he's done; then, she forced a man to rape and kill his wife. She committed most of her actions for her enjoyement, and managed to disturb even Nao. After capturing Mai and Natsuki, she forced the latter to write down the names of the other Himes trying to stop her. When she's done, Hitomi implied that she wants to torture them for a while, only stopped from doing so by Shizuru's intervention. Upon her child being taken down, which would normally result in the death of the person she valued most, Hitomi herself dies, showing that she cares for no one but herself. Amoral, selfish, and sadistic, Hitomi's appearance was the darkest point in a work Lighter and Softer than the original work.
- Soul Eater fanfiction Soul Eater: Troubled Souls: Medusa Gorgon is just as bad as she is canonically. In the past, she coerced Crona into murdering a helpless old man and later an Evil Human implied to be Crona’s father. After her supposed end during the first Baba Yaga Castle invasion, Medusa is revealed to have split her soul to survive and usurps the body of a pauper, going on to formulate her next plan of action. She gets her younger sister, Shaula, involved, and her treatment of her is no different. When Shaula fails to destroy Death Weapon Meister Academy from the inside, Medusa betrays her and tries to claim her soul to power up Ouroboros. It fails, but by then she has already ushered Maka and company in to Cobra Island. In addition, despite neither party knowing each other, she brings along Caius, Claudia, the Ricardsens, and the Ardsens and treats them with the same cruelty as the people she knows. To make matters worse, those innocent people literally could have been anyone else. As they advance, Ouroboros removes a power or characteristic that effectively renders the person useless; Medusa figures that out by forcing them to play rigged games. Finally, it is revealed she brainwashed Krysa and used outlawed magic on Atlas to enhance her subterfuge, uncaring of the details or consequences. Remorseless and reveling in everyone’s suffering, Medusa wanted revenge and to control Madness so she could Take Over the World.
- Tamers Forever Series: Daemon. There is nothing he cares about more than inflicting as much suffering as possible, and he is perfectly willing to slaughter thousands, including a seven year old girl, in order to get what he wants.
- Fedt-geszhine, of Yukari Is Free. Currently holding the highly-coveted title of "Most Evil Character", Fedt-geszhine is the bespectacled Dragon of Warmaster, the head of the Veluszhi Imperial Army. Fedt is a genius who is currently working on his life goal: learn everything. He once locked himself in a cage with an angry, rabid animal just to see if his regeneration serum worked (It Did). He isn't above using living human test subjects for his experiments or just for fuel for the bio-reactor. And when he was a child, he killed his mother, just so he wouldn't get in trouble for drilling a hole in his baby sister's head.
- Mobile Suit Gundam's Prince Ghiren Zabi was never a nice guy to begin with. However, it could be argued that his character boiled down to his desire to conquer the earthsphere. Zeon Quest, however, shows what Ghiren is willing to do in order to rule, from masterminding the notorious Operation British, fully aware of the massive civilian casualties it will cause (and it's hinted that he lied to his family and allies to get it approved), to trying to nuke neutral civilians so his rival siblings will get blamed, to blowing up a friendly island just to ensure his forces will have a monopoly on producing advanced mobile suits. And much like his canon counterpart, Ghiren has no problems with killing his father to stop a peace treaty (and his own prosecution for war crimes). But in this fic, he also shows that he has no problems killing off the majority of supporters as well, and his plan to sell them all out to save himself. His obsession with conquest at any cost turned him into The Caligula.
- Ace Combat The Equestrian War: The Big Bad Red Cyclone. He's a cunning and charismatic talker and one of the two griffins responsible for starting the entire conflict. He sees the ponies as wimps and wouldn't like to think of them as anything else other than an extinct race. When he reveals his Evil Plan to General Silverbeak, his concept is rejected. What does Red Cyclone do? He kills the general and takes over the command over the griffins. Then, he blames everything on the ponies, sending his soldiers to burn Equestria down and exterminate or enslave all ponies! And he does it all because he thinks the world doesn't need the weak.
- Doctor Whooves and Assistant has had one thus far; Regal Script, who sold out his home planet to the Cyberponies, allowing them to capture Princess Celestia and torture her until she is a broken mare and use her as a living battery. He also hands the Doctor and Derpy over to them, know the same fate is in store for them. All to become the ruler of Equestria when the Cyberponies take over. Thankfully, the Cyberponies 'reward' him with an 'upgrade', then blows up along with the Cyberpony homeworld.
- The Joker in I'm a Marvel... and I'm a DC, starting with his Moral Event Horizon. After finding out Harley was secretly helping the Green Goblin, the Joker shoots her. Later, after tricking the heroes into thinking The Punisher shot him, the Joker leads Harley away as they try to escape. The Joker assures Harley he wasn't going to leave her there to die...and then hits her to the ground, saying this is a much better spot. When he comes back from the dead in Rorsarch and Deadpool 2, he kills a mook who sold him out in a very painful and thankfully offscreen manner, then shoots Rorsarch.
- Alexia from Ranma ½/Sailor Moon Crossover fic The Return uses Mind Rape as a recruitment tool, turning unwilling humans into her compliant, loving daughter Succubi, and then gleefully abuses, discards, and uses them as Cannon Fodder; after all, it doesn't matter if they die - she can always make more. Of the villains so far, she might not have been the biggest, but certainly the scariest due to her ability and willingness to strike at our heroes' sense of identity and security. She also caused the most pain and suffering and was considered appalling even by the standards of other demons.
- Mecha Sonic in Super Mario Bros. Z. As soon as he came into being (via Metal Sonic absorbing past models into himself), he destroys the Death Egg and forces it to crash-land on Mobius, causing an apocalypse. He then, while hunting down the Chaos Emeralds, also took the opportunity to kill Sonic's friends in extremely brutal ways (Tails by strangling him, Amy by beating her up, Knuckles by beating him up and then filling him up with machine-gun processed lead, and Cream and Cheese by apparently blowing her head off), and had wiped out most, if not all, of the planet's population and turned almost half of it into a burning wasteland. He was also the reason for Shadow's current personality, because he murdered Rouge and Omega, the only people he could call his friends. As soon as he arrived at the Mushroom Kingdom to recover the Chaos Emeralds, he also killed a Goomba who found a Chaos Emerald simply because he didn't give it to him, even though there was absolutely no way he could have known that was a Chaos Emerald. He then mercilessly beats up Yoshi to gain his chaos emerald (and says that he would have killed Yoshi anyways even if he did comply to his request). He later brutally killed both the Koopa Bros and the Axem Rangers X and destroyed Yoshi's Island. Not just scouring the surface, but hitting the island with a Sphere of Destruction so violent that it vaporised the entire island.
- There Will Be Brawl: Kirby is nowhere close to the cute little marshmallow you grew up with. He is a cannibalistic Serial Killer who takes delight in torturing and gruesomely murdering his victims. He destroyed his own homeland, drove Mewtwo insane by "whispering" to him, and is responsible for almost everything that goes wrong in the Mushroom Kingdom, manipulating the other villains. He very gruesomely killed many characters, most of them being the few innocents left in this setting. He takes great pleasure in ruining Luigi's life, and killed Daisy and Peach, the two women he loved the most. He also likes to torment his victims with their past. His motive is sheer sadism.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic/Doctor Who crossover Time Lords and Terror
- The Smooze from the G1 movie is reimagined as the S'muz, an omnicidal Eldritch Abomination that seeks to devour the multiverse and absorb the psychokinetic energy it believes other life-forms have "stolen" from it, is gleefully willing to torture anyone that gets in its way, and refuses to stop until it's the only thing left in all of existence.
- There's also Matron Hydia, whose attempts to try and free the S'Muz are the driving force of the story — she knows what it's capable of, and that's exactly why she wants to free it, as she falsely believes that she can control it and use it to destroy her enemies. She finally crosses the Moral Event Horizon when she sacrifices her own daughter Draggle in order to complete the summoning ritual. Fortunately, she shortly thereafter becomes the S'Muz's first victim, as it renders her Deader Than Dead by destroying her essence.
- In the sequel Mines of Dragon Mountain, Tirac — the villain from the G1 special "Rescue at Midnight Castle" — is likewise reimagined as an ancient demon who feeds on negative emotions (hate, despair, etc), and thus started a war on Equestria half a million years ago in order to feed on those emotions on a global scale, a war that wiped out several species, leveled continents, and killed most of Equestria's gods, before he was sealed away. In the present, he corrupts and possesses Gabbro, turning him into a Knight Templar, before attempting to fully escape his prison by wiping out a city and feeding on the pain of the deaths of thousands (if not more). And that's not even counting the murders, tortures, and other sick stuff he does purely for the sheer joy of it. Also, giving him bonus points for both shows; first, it's revealed that he's also The Beast, and then the epilogue reveals that he's Discord's master. So, yeah, he's one evil bastard.
- Goosebumps fanfic Goosebumps United: Sarah Maas, in contrast to her canon counterpart, is far more evil and ruthless, and proves that, sometimes, Humans Are the Real Monsters. After her mother is killed by Slappy the Dummy, Sarah joins Billy Deep's club to rid the city of monsters, ostensibly to avenge her mother's death. However, she soon rejects that notion and becomes just as evil as the monsters she was fighting against. Forcing Billy to kill a harmless monster, Sarah chastises him for showing empathy and being "weak." After Sarah threatens Billy's sister Sheena, she is sent to scout the new HorrorLand amusement park. Upon being captured by the monsters, Sarah pulls a Face–Heel Turn. Apparently proving her loyalty to the monsters by nearly killing Sheena, an action which shocks even the other monsters, Sarah then engineers a destructive battle between the two groups in HorrorLand, injuring many bystanders, but not before burning down the children's hideout. Sarah then imprisons both the monsters and every child who has ever encountered one, along with their parents, planning to have them all killed. She then convinces a Mad Scientist to try and erase everyone's memories to prevent an escape. After her plans are foiled, which involves an Enemy Mine with Billy's group and the monsters, Sarah snaps and steals a gun and tries to kill Billy, gunning down multiple people and even shooting her father, moments before her death.
- Dumbledore's Army and the Year of Darkness: Severus Snape. As Headmaster, he inflicts his sadistic whims on the poor students and regularly blackmails the D.A. by punishing eleven-year olds in their place. He even ordered an eleven-year old flogged and left in chains for thirty hours. What Snape did to Michael as a punishment for freeing this kid was completely unforgivable: he had the poor guy tortured in a nightmarish way, prolonging the agony to the point where his best friend Terry tried to put him out of his misery with Avada Kedavra. The author has been criticized for portraying Snape as way, way too evil.
- In Notebooks And Letters, Severus Snape. Although helping the trio and the others escape from Malfoy Manor, he refuses to do so until Harry drinks a specially concocted potion that will completely wipe out every pleasant memory Harry has, until he is ultimately left with nothing but his self loathing and a seething hatred for the entire world and all of those he once loved. Snape sees this as his ultimate revenge against James Potter, having refused to accept any responsibility for losing Lily, and as seen in a pensieve memory, relished that Harry would have to die against Voldemort and had asked Dumbledore if HE could be the one to kill Harry. When the group have escaped, Snape slaughters any survivors and burns the mansion down with Fiendfyre, and then kills himself so as not to face any repercussions.
- In the Deliver Us From Evil Series, Culverton Smith is shown to be even more of a monster than he was in the Canon, and is even mentally labeled this by Holmes. Smith goes around infecting people with his deadly tropical diseases just to study the results, then murders his step-nephew out of Greed for his stepbrother's estate (an action on which Moriarty actually calls him out). Then he gloats over a dying Sherlock Holmes, and this rewrite of a canonical scene is actually pretty painful to read. All this makes his eventual fate immensely satisfying.
- The Ghost Map: Both Sebastian Moran and the Serial Killer he hires count. Moran, just to get Sherlock Holmes's attention, hires Dr. Jacob Land to cause a cholera outbreak in London. This outbreak results in nearly 150 deaths, including that of Holmes's friend Wiggins, just to make it personal. When Holmes confronts the two, the killer delivers a Breaking Lecture, and taunts Holmes about Wiggins's death; Moran stabs Holmes with a syringe and leaves him to die.
- In A Study in Regret, Moran shoots Watson as payback for Holmes being the cause (directly or indirectly, the story never elaborates) of Moriarty's death. Moran proceeds to subject Holmes to Cold-Blooded Torture for well over a month, then allows Holmes to be rescued so that the detective can heal just enough to watch helplessly as Moran murders Mary Watson and her (as-of-yet-unborn) baby (this last part has not happened yet - merely been deduced by Holmes to be Moran's plan). All this to get back at Holmes for Moriarty's death.
Live Action Films
- Most versions of The Joker qualify for this trope, and the Joker from The Joker Blogs is no exception. To name a few of his crimes, he kills people on an almost regular basis, held Lisa Arkham hostage and threatened to kill her if her husband Dr. Arkham didn't comply, kidnapped and tormented both Nurse Pearl and Lyle Bolton, and gradually manipulated Harley until she snapped.
- Red Dawn +20 has many terrible villains, with the biggest and baddest of them all being the GRU's General Sergei Khvostov, aka "The Butcher of Clear Lake City." His worst offense, the one that got him his nickname, is upon arriving at Johnson Space Center in Houston and finding that NASA had managed to move everything (personnel, equipment, documentation) out of there before the invaders arrived, leaving only a mocking note "Catch us if you can,". He responsed by ordering the massacre of the families of NASA contractors, astronauts, and anyone else left behind in Clear Lake City. He also bathed a Cuban officer (one of his nation's allies) in battery acid when they got into an argument over a mistress; massacred the town of Freer, Texas in response to an assassination attempt (that's implied to have actually been carried out by other elements of the KGB who found his methods counterproductive); and forced the mayor of San Antonio to kill one of his staff, threatening to rape her and then kill her himself anyway if he didn't. (He complied).
Live Action TV
- Face The Music by Elm 22 has two of them. Reuben Shelling is the primary one, but the other guy, Denaglio, borderlines it as well. They kidnap Grissom by first kidnapping Greg and telling Grissom, prompting him to give himself up to keep them from harming his young friend. The guys brutally torture Grissom, beating him, using a bullwhip on him, and tormenting him with roach clips in his skin. They also repeatedly rape Grissom and force him to perform on them. He's finally rescued, but left traumatized and terrified,with awful PTSD and all the typical after effects of this type of abuse. Sadly, that isn't the end. Denaglio is shot during the first rescue, but Shelling gets both Grissom and Sara again, capturing Sara and using her as bait for Grissom, and tortures both of them, first targeting Sara to torment Gil. He then turns on Grissom after Grissom tries to protect her by begging him to leave Sara alone and torture him instead. Shelling was driven by Grissom sending his brother to jail, and both villains have dark, abusive pasts, but between Shelling's past history with abuse of women and the horrors they inflict on Grissom...*shiver*. And this fic is *very* well-researched in regards to the after effects of such abuse and very well written; the author is very talented, which makes it all the more haunting to read.
- Bob Garrison from Cold Case Season 8 has a sadistic love of torture, tries to kill a witness for watching him torture a man to death, and, finally, in his crowning act of evil, he has his men murder and frame a recovering alcoholic in order to trick people into thinking his murder was a mugging.
- The Hannah Montana sequel story I Didn't Sign Up For This: Cheryl/Drew is introduced as a seemingly normal college freshman that befriends Miley at Stanford until is revealed in the final chapter that she was the one who orchestrated the explosion that killed Oliver and 8 other people just because they advanced farther than her on American Idol. She is given a somewhat sympathetic backstory in that her father was killed in a car crash, until she reveals she gave him a drug that would give him a heart attack so she could pay for her college. She even kills her minions when she no longer needs them, including her dragon, Professor King, who she was revealed to be cheating on Lilly with throughout the whole story.
- The Tracker fic "In Sheep's Clothing" had a complete monster Cirronian, an anomaly in a normally gentle species. He kidnapped and tortured Mel until Cole got to them. There was skin carving and dry ice burning involved. It prompted the normally fairly nonviolent Cole, a Cirronian himself, to pound the villain until Mel coaxed him not to sink to the guy's level and just collect him already.
- Two Slayers - One Heart, a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfic, gives us a Complete Monster version of Amy Madison, who sets traps designed to kill very young slayers, watchers, and people she's never even heard of— all because those people are friends of Willow Rosenberg, whom she hates psychopathically. She also gets turned on when she discovers that her girlfriend, despite being built like the proverbial brick house (and a psychopathic murderer in her own right), is only thirteen years old. Amy even whistles cheerfully as she prepares to sacrifice a seven or eight year old girl in an attempt to bring back the First Evil and open a new Hellmouth.
Five Nights at Freddy's
- You Seem Acquainted With Those Doors: Charles Cooper was the first security guard of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A brilliant man, he convinced his boss that he could make the animatronics for the restaurant in return for a little extra money. He then started to build the machines that night. When he came back to the pizzeria, he was horrified to see that the animatronics had been tampered with. Desperate, he donned on the Golden Freddy costume, and proceeded to lure five children into the backroom of the restaurant. Once there, he pulled out a butcher knife and he then proceeded to hack the children up with it. He then used their arms and legs to finish constructing the animatronics, and he also used the Golden Freddy costume to throw away the other body parts. He would've gotten away with this heinous crime had it not have been for the Bite of '87, and he was immediately arrested. He was found guilty of five counts of murder and was sentenced to death. Throughout his trial, Cooper tried to justify his actions by saying that they were "for education". Vile and determined, Charles was willing to go to any level to get money, even if it meant murder.
- Dredd, the commanding Ape in the Tall Plains area in The Legend of Spyro Retelling: A New Beginning, fits this big time. His Establishing Character Moment is trying to get information out of Kane by dropping one of Kane's tribesmen to his death from several thousand feet. He then tells Kane he intends to kill as many of the Atlawian Tribe as he has to in order to get the information he wants, happily adding that he might use some of them as target practice. What does he want? The few, very minute mining deposits they have left that the Ape hadn't already pillaged from them. He only gets worse after his Villainous Breakdown when his Bad Boss tendencies begin to kick in...
- The Legend of Spyro: Zonoya's Revenge incarnation of Malefor is even worse than his canon counterpart, and that's saying something. To start, he has the newly corrupted Cynder slash out Zonoya's, her best friend, eye and left her thinking Cynder betrayed her, making Zonoya's grudge on Cynder his doing. This means he's indirectly the cause of all the horrible things Zonoya did. The emotional Mind Rape he subjects her to. And let's just say his plan to destroy the world could be considered merciful to his vision of ruling it.
- The Legend of Spyro: A New Dawn: Empress Tyrania stands in stark contrast to the relatively sympathetic Deadlock. Tyrania carried out three genocides, one of which was of her own species, so that she could re create her race and make herself empress. Tyrania kills her own minions just for fun, captures people to use as slaves, and has a torture chamber with a window for her viewing pleasures. When confronted, she slowly kills Ember's father while Ember is Forced to Watch, and then prepares to kill Spyro, Cynder, and Ember. Her endgame is to enslave the dragon race and kill any that are too weak to be used. A cruel gargoyle with the laugh of a lunatic who loved the sound of screaming, Tyrania stood to show just how much of a monster Deadlock was not.
- In the fan movie The Legend of Zelda: The Sage of Darkness, we have Davik, Link's uncle and also the titular villain. He seems to train Link in the ways of the Hero, only he's really attempting to feed Link hatred and anger in order to speed up Ganon's revival, even supplying him with the White Sword, one of Ganon's artifacts. He's also manipulating Ertegun for his own agenda, and it is also hinted that he also plans on betraying Ganon as part of his agenda as well. He also brutally murdered Link's parents as well as poisoned his own sister. The reason? None whatsoever, aside from possibly trying to get Link to go down the road of hatred even more. And his real plan is to extinguish the Cycle of Eternity, which may result in the destruction of the entire world, for no reason besides hating it for unspecified reasons. He's also a psychopath.
- Raker the Jackal, from a Sonic the Hedgehog ficseries by JudasFM. First appears in Caves of the Ancients, before which he sold Tails out to a slave mine, and before then, killed his father, leading to his mother's suicide by drowning, and has been abusing his brother Bait (at least that's what he renamed him) ever since. While Sonic, Knuckles, and Bait head to the Scrap Brain Zone to save Tails, Raker stalks them the whole way, and blows up the Oil Ocean Zone during one of their confrontations. When Sonic calls him out on this the next day, his response is to casually say he didn't stop to think things through. In the next fic, he teams up with Knuckles' thought-to-be-dead mother and Dr. Robotnik, in hopes of getting Bait back, just so that he could torture and kill him (as it's revealed after he retrieves him). Getting him back also involved blowing up a building with Vector inside. Robotnik finds his actions just as appalling as everyone else. Bait is the only one who has any respect for him, because of "family loyalty", even though Sonic tries to get through to him that Raker does not return this. It speaks volumes when even Sekko, who runs the aforementioned slave mine and ordered Knuckles' lost sister dead before being killed himself by the person he asked to carry it out, cannot hope to compete with him.
- Ashura, from A Rose and a Thorn. In part III of the ficseries, Shadow sets out with Espio to free him and Mirage from the ARK, after having learned about them at Prison Island. However, Mirage tells Espio upon being freed that Shadow must be insane to set someone like him free. She doesn't simply fear what will happen; she knows how evil he is. Upon being freed, he sets out to find all of the Chaos Emeralds, stopping none short of hurting Eggman and Rouge for two of them and causing the latter to miscarry Sonic's baby. At the end of the fic, he manages to kill Espio and blind Mirage. Starting in the next part, Sonic helps Mirage travel back to the time she was created on the ARK, so that she can kill Ashura in order to save Espio. It is within this part that he shows how really bad he can be, from his interactions with Black Doom, to mindraping Midnight.
- Master Samuel from The Adventures Through Runescape. He crossed the line early on in the story when he kidnapped, gruesomely tortured, and murdered a Herblore mage just so he could get the recipe for his potion. It's a crowning moment of awesome when his hand is sliced off by Haru while trying to get the second ingredient of his potion, although his right-hand James ultimately replaced it with some claws. And then he gets worse. He forces Dream Decay to betray Mainiac 97 by holding his girlfriend hostage, brutally tortures him with the God Rune, and kills Dream Decay right in front of Mainiac 97. It's a pretty sweet moment when he gets what he deserves near the end of the story.
- Persona 3 fanfic A Demon Among Devils'': This verse's Kokabiel is the most evil and sadistic member of the Fallen Angels and the former leader of their council the Grigori. He's a genocidal maniac who firmly believes in the superiority of the Fallen, rekindling the Great War to wipe out as many other species as possible. He kills his Father to assume his power, will happily torture his enemies to death, callously sacrifices his own soldiers, and plans on raping Rias and Sona before killing them just to piss off Sirzechs and Serafall.
- From Kingdom Hearts fic Fill the Moon we have Larxene's husband who would lock his wife in a box for three days without food, clothing, or water, just for not cleaning properly or some other petty offense. He's also implied to have raped her with a knife, bitten her, burned her, beat her, and threatened to cut off her breasts. While Hollowmoon and Kingdom Hearts have the excuse of being Eldritch Abomination monsters and thus not subject to human morality, Larxene's husband is absolutely human and absolutely monstrous.
- La Belle: The murderer (Sergio) kills off the smashers one by one in sadistic and creative ways, with no mercy given to any of the children. His murders include burning Donkey Kong alive and sealing Mewtwo underground in a coffin He frames Ganondorf for the killings and tricks the smashers into executing him, not even to get away, but just so he can trick them into killing an innocent person. He broadcasts Samus Aran's death so he can taunt the smashers. It is later revealed that he planned on sacrificing the smashers' souls to the Devil. He claims to have a Freudian Excuse (a bad childhood), but some of the other smashers claim that they also had bad childhoods and didn’t turn out bad.
- The Team Fortress 2 fanfic Respawn of the Dead gives us RED Spy. Not only did he play his own teammates like a fiddle (planning their deaths, to boot), he also made sure to get Soldier and Heavy killed first, just to make it easier to get rid of the others (and, in the case of the latter, convincing him to die for Medic's sake), locked Medic and Pyro in a room full of zombies, and then invited Engineer to help him rape Sniper.
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Rhea Wits, the Mysterious Bust Killer (and Apollo's partner), murdered a dozen people including her brother. The killer tricked the innocent Robert Erlenmeyer into believing he was responsible for the murders, and made him confess. After Erlenmeyer's escape, the killer planned to kill him and hide his body so the police would be left searching for a dead man, leaving the killer free to kill again. After the judge witnessed the killer trying to bury Erlenmeyer alive in a cemetery, the killer decided to just kill the judge and frame Erlenmeyer for his murder as well. After being accused by Apollo of being the true killer, the killer taunted him and implied that Apollo would be the next target. The actual Mysterious Bust Killer, when finally revealed, said that at least they made better use of their life than the victims did of theirs.
Adventures of Blinky Bill
- Gavin Buildmore from Ashes To Dust by Canzet Yote. He's a Corrupt Corporate Executive crocodile who is Slick Possum's abusive boss. When Slick was 5, Buildmore tortured him by sticking a rose in his mouth and yanking it out repeatedly, and on Slick's 6th birthday, Buildmore beat his mother to an inch of her life with a lead pipe. He then forced Slick Possum into child labor and repeatedly beat him with chains and choked him. One time, when Slick was a teenager, Buildmore crushed an innocent duckling to death in front of him and mocked him for crying about it. He also brags about how he stole Slick's mothers life insurance money to buy a yacht, and once he found out Slick was gay, he mocked his sexuality by raping him repeatedly. And that's only his backstory. When he arrives in the actual fic, he implodes the theater while protestors are still inside, killing innocent men, women, and children just so he could build a brand new theater. He then kidnaps Marcia and tortures her to death with dry ice, and when Slick, Shifty, and Nutsy go to rescue her, he captures Shifty Dingo and threatens to rape him while holding a garden shears to his throat and fondles Shifty's genitals. At one point, he lets Shifty and Nutsy escape the mansion, only to try and chase them down in a helicopter, and he actually manages to shoot Shifty in the leg and laughs about it. He also orders his goanna minions to gangrape Slick Possum. Oh yeah, and he sells his own daughter into sex slavery. The worst part about all this? He gets off scot-free!
- Scars Are Forever which is also by Canzet Yote features Jeromy, an evil dingo-hating kangaroo who happens to be Splodge's older abusive cousin who tortures Splodge by burying him alive and playing Russian Roulette with him using a loaded gun. He proves to be very nasty once he arrives by shooting an innocent bluebird. His backstory includes force-feeding an innocent dingo girl rocks while raping her to death and poisoning a dingo family's water supply with antifreeze. His Freudian Excuse? His dingo girlfriend cheated on him because he was an abusive boyfriend, so he got revenge by burning her baby brother alive. In chapter 3, he kidnaps Shifty Dingo, chains him to a tree, burns him with matches, and slowly cuts his tail off with a switchblade, then uses Shifty's own severed tail to strangle Shifty until the poor little dingo blacks out. He also enjoys doing this while scaring Shifty and licking his blood. In chapter 4, it turns out that he bugged the hospital to monitor conversations taking place there, and to make sure Danny Dingo doesn't give Shifty a lifesaving blood-transfusion, he assaults Danny by injecting him with AIDS/HIV, laughs about it, and calls it "killing two birds with one stone". In chapter 5, he kidnaps Nutsy after she pulls a Leeroy Jenkins on him to avenge Shifty and threatens to rape and sodomize her with a heated cattle prod and machete. Thankfully, Danny Dingo pulls a Big Damn Heroes and kills him in time. This quote sums up Jeromy:
Danny Dingo: You're the bastard who hurt Shifty!
Jeromy: Hurting him? I was just doing my job, exterminating pests. You dingoes are so pesky, you make the funniest sounds when you're terrified or injured. Shifty was a pretty fun toy to play with, it's a shame I broke him. Whoopsie!
Danny Dingo: You make me sick.
- The eponymous character from the now taken down fanfic IEAB. Let's see, it makes Dib and Gaz go borderline insane, destroys a planet and more than 80% of it's race, murders Zim's love interest and her unborn babies, and then proceeds to track down Zim back to earth and half-destroys Earth as well. It feels no remorse for any of this.
- Iggins, the Big Bad of the second story in the My Hostage Not Yours trilogy. He's pretty mild compared to others on this list, but his vendetta against Gaz — which starts with sending assassins after her and her loved ones and escalates to using a Mind-Control Device to make her his slave (with some disturbing subtext to his intentions for her) — is all a result of Gaz taking his Game Slave 2 when they were kids. And he stole it from her in the first place. Oh, and when Dib and Zim attack his lair to free her, he first uses his own younger siblings as bodyguards, and when Zim gets past them, forces him to fight Gaz — which, seeing as Zim and Gaz are in a relationship by this point, adds a whole extra layer of Kick the Dog to that action. When Gaz breaks free of the mind control and proceeds to beat Iggins within an inch of his life, which renders him catatonic and promptly locked away in a mental institute, it is very satisfying to read.
- Both Heian Chao and Wu Xiu of A Different Lesson take this trope and run with it gleefully.
- The acts Chao perpetrates are especially, and truly, unforgivable, and they only get worse as the story goes on. Countless murders (including of children), Demonic Possession, More than Mind Control, forcing friends and loved ones to kill each other, unleashing demons from the spirit world, necromancy, corrupting people's souls and intentions, pushing Tai Lung into committing his rampage, planning to make People Puppets of the whole world, all so as to live forever and force his vision of perfection on everyone else.
- Xiu, meanwhile, killed her own father just for being "weak" and good, framed Jia for it so she could twist and manipulate her into obeying and serving implicitly as an assassin, longed to have the same powers Chao had so she could do the same things he did, poisoned countless soldiers who had been fighting the Huns, murdered her teacher, tried to manipulate Tai Lung into joining her with lies about his family (and also helped plant doubts regarding Shifu and Oogway's love and pride in him so he would fixate on the Dragon Scroll to earn them), nearly killed Po and Tigress, did kill Zhuang, loved the feeling of Chao's dark chi and wished to bathe in it when everyone else was sickened and terrified by it... And both of them enjoyed every bit of what they did, with no remorse or regrets, and no sign they could be redeemed or ever would be.
- Necromancers Of China Saga, gives us the leader of the necromancers, Jasmine Crescent. At first the necromancers are introduced as Well Intentioned Extremists who are trying to end all conflicts. Towards the end of the first book, we learn that the necromancers are all pawns and their leader is using them to gain power all to herself. Her real goal is to sacrifice fifty males and fifty females to absorb their souls and become a master vampire. She's also incredibly manipulative, shown when she tricks Po and Tigress into believing she's a friend, so she could trick them into helping her get the job done faster. She also decieves Po and Tigress daughter from the future, convincing her into manipulating her own parents in both the future and the present to further keep the facade going, then trying to kill her once she doesn't need her anymore. She also has several Kick the Dog moments, such as murdering the family of her defeated foe, trying to kill her own children simply for standing up to her, and destroying Gongmen City just so collecting one hundred souls would be a little easier. She also succeeds in killing Shifu, and A Million Is a Statistic is completely averted, as the saga takes the time to show the aftermath of her deeds and givin us a glimpse of just how badly she ruined people's lives. There are several more atrocities she commits, but these are the worst.
- The Avatar: The Last Airbender fic The Fall Of The Fire Empire:
- We have an elderly Azula in a world where Ozai succeeded in conquering everyone. She finally hits her Villainous Breakdown with the realization that there is no way she can escape her impending death from old age, so she decides to go out in a blaze of glory, starting a war that will probably kill a good percentage of the world's population, and also set things up so that she'll be remembered as a hero who tried to stop that war.
- Gian is a ruthless and sociopathic Bounty Hunter, who doesn't care who is in charge of the world order or who his employers are, so long as he's paid for his services - which involve murder. He forces a rather meek young Earthbending slave to help him uncover the rebellion base, and kills her in cold blood simply because he had no further use for her. He's also revealed to be an Earth Kingdom man who essentially exploits his own people for profit, and admits as much to Jiazin without an ounce of guilt about it.
- The Total Drama Island fic Lost and Found has Gwen's dad: he abducts Gwen's mom and brother and sets her home on fire to fake their deaths so that Gwen ends up living with him, and once she gets there, he starts beating her daily and cuts her whenever she tried to do something about it, threatens to kill Gwen's mom and brother who he had locked up so that she'll do whatever he'd tell her, shoots a maid in the face with no second thoughts because she tried to stand up for Gwen, and it was revealed that he only had her around so he could use her to make money off via modeling gigs and having her win a season of Total Drama. He meets his end when the girlfriend he betrayed and killed after she grew a conscious shot him in the chest before she died.
- Inside Out fanfic Kids World: Annis is a twelve-year-old power-hungry psychopath. After a Depopulation Bomb that is Only Fatal to Adults leaves only those under thirteen alive, Annis takes the opportunity to try and control every child in the city. To accomplish this, Annis manipulates a multitude of children to follow her as she seizes control of the city. Those who refuse to follow her are subjected to horrible living conditions until they submit to her. Annis assigns a four-year-old girl named Caroline to be the "sister" to her best friend, Riley, but becomes increasingly brutal to both of them when she feels her control over the two is slipping. She forces Caroline to set a building full of children on fire, and then kills a little girl by breaking her neck. When Caroline stops her from feeding an infant boy to a pack of dogs, Annis beats Caroline severely in a rage. When it seems as if Annis's followers have killed Caroline, Annis merely mocks a heartbroken Riley, beating her with her mother's hockey stick as well. When Riley tries to stop Annis from unleashing more chaos, Annis throws her off a bridge. When Riley and Caroline, who had survived, escape, Annis burns down multiple buildings in a rage, not caring if anyone is injured or killed. Annis's ultimate plan was to take over the entire country, planning to attack Minnesota first to spite Riley. When her plans are foiled and her followers turn against her, Annis rejects Riley's offer to redeem herself, vowing to kill Riley and find other ways to resume control. Though claiming to be out to restore order in a city with no law, Annis proved to simply be a sadistic and arrogant dictator who only wanted power over those she deemed inferior.
- In the Phineas and Ferb Dark Fic Snapped, which was later taken down by the author, Isabella Garcia-Shapiro, surprisingly becomes this. After years of Phineas unknowingly ignoring her for Ferb, Isabella finally snaps and plans to take her revenge on Ferb. She kidnaps him, graphically slaughters him, and gives him a serum that allowed him to watch her take his organs out. Before this, she revealed that she killed multiple children and classmates before Ferb and tells him what she's planning to do to him. After Ferb's murder, she calls Buford, Danville's resident bully, to where she was at, knocks him out, ties him up, and puts him in the closet. The fanfic ends with her about to use Buford as a scapegoat for Ferb's murder and telling Phineas that he was responsible for his half-brother's demise.
- The Lion King Adventures: The Writer is responsible for all the bad things that happen in the story, and is the true villain of the entire series. The Writer created the world Simba and his friends lived in, and had caused every evil act in that world. The Writer also created all the other villains in the story. The Writer's creations included Scar, as well as evil versions of Timon and Pumbaa who drain the souls of cubs. He had always been trying to kill Simba and his friends or ruin their lives for fun, and at the end of the series, he goes into the world himself to kill Simba and his friends so he can take over and rule the world for eternity as he destroys thousands of lives for his own amusement.
- Young Justice fanfic Young Justice: Darkness Falls:
- In a Bad Future, Darkseid successfully took over Earth, destroying most of the cities and killing almost all the heroes. Humans were forced to do backbreaking labor while worshiping him as he tortured them. If any of his minions ever failed him once, he would give them 50 lashes. Fail him a second time, and he would have them banished to a place so horrifying that no one would speak of it, a place where he banished his son Kallibak. It's also revealed that when Comic Book/Vanda Savage managed to kill a bunch of superheroes for him, Darkseid vaporized him because he wanted the heroes brought to him alive so he could torture them first.
- In his only appearance in this fic, The Joker tries to gas all of Gotham City to death with Smilex for fun. He forces men to help him by holding their families hostage, and plans to kill said men when he no longer needs them.