Mario: Mama, you know who you're talking about. You know what he's done.Whether poorly written or well-written, countless Fanfictions have equally countless villains. The worst of them are either OC villains committing acts so heinous that the canon villains think what they're doing is wrong or taking the already existing villains (or sometimes the heroes) and making them worse.
Luigi: If he had the chance he'd kill you for fun and dance around in your skin! He's a monster!
Peach: A psychopath! A cannibal! I haven't forgotten...
Luigi: If he had the chance he'd kill you for fun and dance around in your skin! He's a monster!
Peach: A psychopath! A cannibal! I haven't forgotten...
open/close all folders
Anime and Manga
- Echoes: Yagura far outdoes his canon counterpart in heinousness and is easily the fic's most depraved villain. Seeing himself as "the ultimate predator," he hunts down and kills people for fun, engages in cannibalism, whimsically commits genocide to create a new Master Race, makes a sport out of murdering his minions for the most minor reasons, and ultimately wants to turn the world into a dog-eat-dog hellhole to rule over as a tyrannical warlord.
- A Father's Wrath:
- Jashin was one when he was alive. He was a cruel and merciless Warlord who killed any who stood in his path, butchering entire countries and people years ago before the main timeline. He even used his own son as a Sacrifice to create a Summon which requires a hundred Sacrifices each use. He had no Freudian Excuse like others, he simply killed because he could. Eventually The Sage of Six Paths confronted and killed him but it got worse as his remaining followers deified him and vowed to continued killing all in his name.
- Modern day worshiper Keiji takes over Earth and proclaims that they will start a Fourth Ninja War and that they proclaim an Age Of Jashin where all will worship him or be killed. Keiji willingly sacrificed thousands of troops in battles and killed the woman who loved him just so his plans wouldn't go unnoticed and be able to put put his final plan into action.
- Fellow Jashin worshper Hidan betrays Akatsuki, murders dozens of ninja and people, nearly kills Kakuzu, and attacks Konoha with followers. He even tried to go back in time and kill Naruto and change the past when he was born and see to it that Kyuubi destroys Konoha and would've if Orochimaru hadn't stopped him from doing so.
- Janita: Air Jay is a psychopathic Viking who kills people on a whim with his unique fire abilities. He was a mercenary in the Third Ninja War, killing a thousand people, before being sealed by Naruto's parents, Minato and Kushino. Upon being unsealed by bandits he burns them to death, and kills several more when informed him that Minato and Kushino have been killed, believing only he is allowed to kill them. Air Jay joins Takuma’s plan to unearth the weapon to destroy the village. Air Jay massacres a village as they try to fight back with pitchforks laughing about how easy it was, is about to kill a child when Hinata tries to stop him, considers killing Hinata in front of her daughter, the eponymous Janita, until he smells Naruto on her and takes her alive as bait. When Hinata wakes up she finds herself in a trap rigged to kill an innocent girl if she escapes. He later pulls Hinata down just to kill the girl. He sends eight bandits to kill his father for knowing his weakness, despite refusing to disclose it. Air Jay repeatedly torments and kills the slaves, having a woman tell them about all his actions and tells them she will die in ten seconds if they do not work harder only to kill her when he reaches six, takes two prisoners and asks Hinata which one he should kill then kills them both when she cannot decide, and has them all burned to death. He then loads up weapon with bombs to destroy the entire Leaf Village, unlike Takuma who simply wanted to kill the leader, Hiashi, and take over. He then drains Takuma's Chakra to power the machine telling him he intends to keep Hinata to abuse.
- Team 8, the author's interpretation of Itachi Uchiha seems to fit the bill. Unlike canon, he committed the Uchiha Massacre simply to test himself (as he originally claimed), but in-story his complete Lack of Empathy makes him one of the most deplorable individuals. In particular, when he crosses the Moral Event Horizon even further by killing Kurenai (showing absolutely no remorse or even emotion at having done so), his partner Kisame Hoshigaki - himself a renowned Blood Knight - is freaked out and disturbed by it.
- War Of The Biju: Tobi is the Big Bad and the Man Behind the Man to Nagato. Before convincing Nagato to create Akatsuki, he was Madara Uchiha's Dragon. Tobi was originally from a sect of the Uchiha Clan who rejected the truce between the Uchiha and Senju that formed Konoha...and its Sole Survivor because he murdered them all, including his parents, younger siblings, and lover so there was no competition. When Madara gave his final orders, preparing to die in his sleep...Tobi smothered him to assume the role. One of the things that stands out is how he framed the Uchiha Clan: while dueling Minato the Yondaime Hokage, he simultaneously led the Uchiha Clan on a wild goose chase, merging with the clone he used right after the control of Kurama, the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox. All so the Uchiha would be away right as Kurama got big Sharingan's in his eyes when the clan was gone right in front of the entire Konoha leadership. Then years later when after the Uchiha Clan began working amicably with the Village again he reappeared and blackmailed Fugaku Uchiha...after Mind Raping several women to death. All so he could get the Uchiha's support for the coup. Which he then helped Itachi put down. Finally he starts the most destructive War in the entire history of the Five Great Nations. Seeing everything but a big game to kill as many people as possible, Tobi lacks anything and everything that would make him sympathetic.
- Tilting the Balance: Jacob Waterknot is willing to kill and slaughter people for his own gain. The line crossing is when he plays a card that, in normal game terms, call down several a dozen meteors and destroy the field. However, he made the duel as real as it could be. The meteors were real and destroys a good portion of St. Paul, killing countless people just so he could attempt to defeat one person.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Forever: Abel Drake, a member of the Quirky Miniboss Squad in the JUDAS arc. He mind-rapes children (using the Millennium Key's power to unlock and alter memories as he sees fit) For the Evulz, forced one character to relive her Dark and Troubled Past using said ability, and had a very bad impact on another major character's screwed-up development by stealing that character's mother's soul to power the revival of an Eldritch Abomination, then brainwashed said character and his sister so they wouldn't remember that part of their past.
- Bleach fanfic Winter War: Aizen who tortures captured Shinigami to be Hollowfied and merged them with their Zanpakutos so that they serve him as Tortured Monsters, afixes members of the 4th Division with exploding collars, and lets the balance of souls slip which risks letting the worlds be annhialated.
- Mai Hime fanfiction Perfection Is Overrated: Kirihara Hitomi is the first SUE to encounter the protagonists. While she initially spent her time mind controlling people and robbing them, after being forced to kill a police officer and a witness, she quickly got worse. In the appropriately-titled chapter Moral Event Horizon, Hitomi proceeds to commit her most vile crimes. First, she used mind control on a police officer to murder twenty innocent people—including a baby, because her cries annoyed her—before committing suicide when he's done; then, she forced a man to rape and kill his wife. She committed most of her actions for her enjoyement, and managed to disturb even Nao. After capturing Mai and Natsuki, she forced the latter to write down the names of the other Himes trying to stop her. When she's done, Hitomi implied that she wants to torture them for a while, only stopped from doing so by Shizuru's intervention. Upon her child being taken down, which would normally result in the death of the person she valued most, Hitomi herself dies, showing that she cares for no one but herself. Amoral, selfish, and sadistic, Hitomi's appearance was the darkest point in a work Lighter and Softer than the original work.
- Mobile Suit Gundam fanfiction Zeon Quest: Prince Ghiren Zabi, in order to rule, is willing to commit crimes from masterminding the notorious Operation British, fully aware of the massive civilian casualties it will cause (and it's hinted that he lied to his family and allies to get it approved), to trying to nuke neutral civilians so his rival siblings will get blamed, to blowing up a friendly island just to ensure his forces will have a monopoly on producing advanced mobile suits. And much like his canon counterpart, Ghiren has no problems with killing his father to stop a peace treaty (and his own prosecution for war crimes). He also shows that he has no problems killing off the majority of supporters as well, and his plan to sell them all out to save himself. His obsession with conquest at any cost turned him into The Caligula.
- Pokémon fanfiction Pokémon: Storm Clouds: Masque, a Team Rocket agent who specializes in using hypnotic powers to strip Pokémon of their identities and make them his willing servants, is the true Big Bad. While initially presented as an ambiguous figure in the story and somewhat Affably Evil, he is gradually revealed to be a sick, twisted individual who enjoys the amount of control his mind games give him over others. He takes pleasure in stripping Pokémon of their identities and secretly manipulates all the higher-ups of Team Rocket for fun. He later breaks away from Team Rocket and attacks the hometown of the protagonists. While he does have an ulterior motive, it's still clear that he takes a disgusting amount of pleasure in terrorizing and slaughtering the residents of the small town with his Pokémon. When one of the protagonists call him out on his manipulations and accuses him of viewing humans as nothing more than tools, he responds thusly:
I don't see human beings as tools. That distinction is reserved for Pokémon. No, I see people more as...toys. There's a distinct difference, you see. A tool is used to accomplish something, while a toy is just there to be played with. I wasn't using Giovanni for anything other than my own amusement. And like any toy, he eventually stopped being entertaining—and when a toy bores you, there's only one thing to do: snap it in half and throw it in the garbage. That's it, end of story.
- Ranma ˝/Sailor Moon fanfiction The Return: Alexia uses Mind Rape as a recruitment tool, turning unwilling humans into her compliant, loving daughter Succubi, and then gleefully abuses, discards, and uses them as Cannon Fodder. It doesn't matter if they die as she can always make more. Of the villains so far, she might not have been the biggest, but certainly the scariest due to her ability and willingness to strike at our heroes' sense of identity and security. She also caused the most pain and suffering and was considered appalling even by the standards of other demons.
- Rosario + Vampire fanfic Rosario Vampire: Brightest Darkness:
- Hokuto Kaneshiro is far more vicious than his manga counterpart. Seeking to bring back Alucard to watch him destroy the planet, because he considers all life, human or monster, to be evil and meaningless trash, Hokuto has absolutely zero qualms against resorting to villainous and brutal means to further his plans. Such means includes manipulating the protagonists into believing he's on their side, kidnapping Felucia and using her spirit artifact to extort her into being his minion, manipulating Kuyou into attacking the Yokai Academy as a distraction to steal an Artifact of Doom, and ordering Jovian and Jacqueline to hold Tsukune's family hostage to force Moka to come to him without a fight. In an effort to prove to Moka that human/monster co-existence is impossible, he personally orders Jovian and Jacqueline to cause as much destruction and death in Tsukune's hometown to force the gang to reveal they are monsters by fighting them, attempting to get them killed by the very humans they had sworn to protect before her very eyes. After his point has been proved false, Hokuto refuses to give up his evil ways and stabbed Moka in the guts with the Artifact of Doom, right in front of Tsukune. Upon being defeated, he gloats to Tsukune that he still wins, as Alucard has been succesfully resurrected. While he claimed to act for a higher cause, it's made clear that he's just an insane and nihilistic sociopath.
- Falla Cii was one of the three princesses of the chronofly kingdom, along with Luna and Complica. Viewing the Complica as a disgrace for their species, she sent her to her death by telling her how to use a forbidden spell to save her deceased boyfriend. Out of jealousy that Luna was going to become the queen instead of her, Falla attemped to kill her several times—including one which caused her father's death—then caused the near-extinction of her race. In Act IV, to get Luna to restore her powers, Falla tricked her and her friends into thinking she wanted to become a good person. She then bisected Luna and rubbed in the others' faces that her this was all an act. Brought back as a soul thanks to the Big Bad, and planning to get the Pandora's Box keys from the group to get back her body, she gleefully tortured her alternate self, threatening to kill Kyouko if she doesn't let her do so, and she forcing the others to watch all of it. A self-centered, manipulative sadist, devoid of any empathy or moral conscience whatsoever, Falla is nothing short of a sociopathic monster.
- Soul Eater fanfiction Soul Eater: Troubled Souls: Medusa Gorgon is just as bad as she is canonically. In the past, she coerced Crona into murdering a helpless old man and later an Evil Human implied to be Crona’s father. After her supposed end during the first Baba Yaga Castle invasion, Medusa is revealed to have split her soul to survive and usurps the body of a pauper, going on to formulate her next plan of action. She gets her younger sister, Shaula, involved, and her treatment of her is no different. When Shaula fails to destroy Death Weapon Meister Academy from the inside, Medusa betrays her and tries to claim her soul to power up Ouroboros. It fails, but by then she has already ushered Maka and company in to Cobra Island. In addition, despite neither party knowing each other, she brings along Caius, Claudia, the Ricardsens, and the Ardsens and treats them with the same cruelty as the people she knows. To make matters worse, those innocent people literally could have been anyone else. As they advance, Ouroboros removes a power or characteristic that effectively renders the person useless; Medusa figures that out by forcing them to play rigged games. Finally, it is revealed she brainwashed Krysa and used outlawed magic on Atlas to enhance her subterfuge, uncaring of the details or consequences. Remorseless and reveling in everyone’s suffering, Medusa wanted revenge and to control Madness so she could Take Over the World.
- Marvel Comics/DC Comics fanfiction I'm a Marvel... and I'm a DC: The Joker starting with his Moral Event Horizon. After finding out Harley was secretly helping the Green Goblin, the Joker shoots her. Later, after tricking the heroes into thinking The Punisher shot him, the Joker leads Harley away as they try to escape. The Joker assures Harley he wasn't going to leave her there to die...and then hits her to the ground, saying this is a much better spot. When he comes back from the dead in "Rorschach and Deadpool 2", he kills a mook who sold him out in a very painful and thankfully offscreen manner, then shoots Rorschach.
- The Lord of the Rings/A Song of Ice and Fire crossover fan fiction Hear Me Roar: King Joffrey Baratheon, after a failed attempt at stealing the One Ring from the Shire, is captured by goblins and makes a deal with them to give them gold and land in exchange for deposing Tywin and restoring him to power. He takes sadistic joy in tormenting the goblins under his command as he leads their army through the Westerlands pillaging, killing, and eating those in his way. When ambushed he orders the wounded left behind so they don't slow his army down, and the rest of the goblin army execute them as they march by. When he takes Casterly Rock, he promises a group of people still resisting inside that include his brother Tommen and a few of his cousins that they will be allowed to go free to if they surrender, while threatening to cut out their tongues if they interrupt him. When Jamie's army arrives and begins planning to retake Casterly Rock, he threatens to execute them if Jamie doesn't surrender, and threatens to feed them to his goblins if they don't remain quiet, struggling not to laugh as they suggest eating Tommen. His real intent however is to use them as part of a plan to murder Jamie and the other leaders when they meet under a flag of truce. Joffrey uses Tommen as a hostage to try and escape from Jamie, threatening to kill him if he prevents his escape. When Jamie tries to talk him down and confesses the truth of his parentage to him, he tries to murder him to keep it a secret and threatens to kill him and everyone else who refuses to obey him.
- My Little Pony/Ace Combat fanfiction Ace Combat The Equestrian War: The Big Bad Red Cyclone. He's a cunning and charismatic talker and one of the two griffins responsible for starting the entire conflict. He sees the ponies as wimps and wouldn't like to think of them as anything else other than an extinct race. When he reveals his Evil Plan to General Silverbeak, his concept is rejected. Red Cyclone responds to this by killing the general and takes over the command over the griffins. Then, he blames everything on the ponies, sending his soldiers to burn Equestria down and exterminate or enslave all ponies And he does it all because he thinks the world doesn't need the weak.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic/Doctor Who fanfiction Time Lords and Terror
- The Smooze from the G1 movie is reimagined as the S'muz, an omnicidal Eldritch Abomination that seeks to devour the multiverse and absorb the psychokinetic energy it believes other life-forms have "stolen" from it, is gleefully willing to torture anyone that gets in its way, and refuses to stop until it's the only thing left in all of existence.
- There's also Matron Hydia, whose attempts to try and free the S'Muz are the driving force of the stor- y. She knows what it's capable of, and that's exactly why she wants to free it, as she falsely believes that she can control it and use it to destroy her enemies. She finally crosses the Moral Event Horizon when she sacrifices her own daughter Draggle in order to complete the summoning ritual.
- Mines of Dragon Mountain: Tirac from the G1 special "Rescue at Midnight Castle" is likewise reimagined as an ancient demon who feeds on negative emotions such as hate and despair. He started a war on Equestria half a million years ago in order to feed on those emotions on a global scale, a war that wiped out several species, leveled continents, and killed most of Equestria's gods, before he was sealed away. In the present, he corrupts and possesses Gabbro, turning him into a Knight Templar, before attempting to fully escape his prison by wiping out a city and feeding on the pain of the deaths of thousands (if not more). And that's not even counting the murders, tortures, and other sick stuff he does purely for the sheer joy of it. Also, giving him bonus points for both shows; first, it's revealed that he's also The Beast, and then the epilogue reveals that he's Discord's master.
- Deliver Us From Evil Series: Culverton Smith is shown to be even more of a monster than he was in the Canon, and is even mentally labeled this by Holmes. Smith goes around infecting people with his deadly tropical diseases just to study the results, then murders his step-nephew out of Greed for his stepbrother's estate (an action on which Moriarty actually calls him out). Then he gloats over a dying Sherlock Holmes, and this rewrite of a canonical scene is actually pretty painful to read.
- The Ghost Map: Both Sebastian Moran and the Serial Killer he hires count. Moran, just to get Sherlock Holmes's attention, hires Dr. Jacob Land to cause a cholera outbreak in London. This outbreak results in nearly 150 deaths, including that of Holmes's friend Wiggins, just to make it personal. When Holmes confronts the two, the killer delivers a Breaking Lecture, and taunts Holmes about Wiggins's death; Moran stabs Holmes with a syringe and leaves him to die.
- A Study in Regret: Moran shoots Watson as payback for Holmes being the cause (directly or indirectly, the story never elaborates) of Moriarty's death. Moran proceeds to subject Holmes to Cold-Blooded Torture for well over a month, then allows Holmes to be rescued so that the detective can heal just enough to watch helplessly as Moran murders Mary Watson and her (as-of-yet-unborn) baby (this last part has not happened yet - merely been deduced by Holmes to be Moran's plan). All this to get back at Holmes for Moriarty's death.
- Goosebumps fanfic Goosebumps United: Sarah Maas, in contrast to her canon counterpart, is far more evil and ruthless, and proves that, sometimes, Humans Are the Real Monsters. After her mother is killed by Slappy the Dummy, Sarah joins Billy Deep's club to rid the city of monsters, ostensibly to avenge her mother's death. However, she soon rejects that notion and becomes just as evil as the monsters she was fighting against. Forcing Billy to kill a harmless monster, Sarah chastises him for showing empathy and being "weak." After Sarah threatens Billy's sister Sheena, she is sent to scout the new HorrorLand amusement park. Upon being captured by the monsters, Sarah pulls a Face–Heel Turn. Apparently proving her loyalty to the monsters by nearly killing Sheena, an action which shocks even the other monsters, Sarah then engineers a destructive battle between the two groups in HorrorLand, injuring many bystanders, but not before burning down the children's hideout. Sarah then imprisons both the monsters and every child who has ever encountered one, along with their parents, planning to have them all killed. She then convinces a Mad Scientist to try and erase everyone's memories to prevent an escape. After her plans are foiled, which involves an Enemy Mine with Billy's group and the monsters, Sarah snaps and steals a gun and tries to kill Billy, gunning down multiple people and even shooting her father, moments before her death.
Live Action Films
- The Dark Knight Trilogy fanfiction The Joker Blogs: Most versions of The Joker qualify for this trope, and this version is no exception. To name a few of his crimes, he kills people on an almost regular basis, held Lisa Arkham hostage and threatened to kill her if her husband Dr. Arkham didn't comply, kidnapped and tormented both Nurse Pearl and Lyle Bolton, and gradually manipulated Harley until she snapped.
- Godzilla fanfiction Godzilla: Invasion of King Ghidorah: King Ghidorah is as bad as ever. While Godzilla himself, the son of the original, is no saint, he at least has the Freudian Excuse of his father's death at the hands of humans, and Mothra helps him and some other monsters see that not all humans are bad. Ghidorah, however, arrives on Earth via a meteorite and immediately sets out to conquer the planet. The first thing he does after arriving on Earth is using his gravity beams to destroy Tokyo. Ghidorah then faces off with Godzilla and Anguirus, torturing them with blasts of electricity when they refuse to join him. Ghidorah then sets about destroying the island of Osaka, massacring scores of people, before finally being driven off the planet.
- Red Dawn (1984) fanfiction Red Dawn +20: The story has many terrible villains, with the biggest and baddest of them all being the GRU's General Sergei Khvostov, aka "The Butcher of Clear Lake City." His worst offense, the one that got him his nickname, is ordering the massacre of everyone else left behind in Clear Lake City Johnson Space Center in Houston, in response to finding that NASA had managed to move everything out leaving only a mocking note "Catch us if you can,". He also bathed an allied Cuban officer in battery acid when they got into an argument over a mistress; massacred the town of Freer, Texas in response to an assassination attempt, which was implied to have done by his allies the KGB who found his methods counterproductive; and forced the mayor of San Antonio to kill one of his staff, threatening to rape her and then kill her himself anyway if he didn't, which he complied to.
Live Action TV
- Agents Of Shield fanfiction Season 4 : Brett Petrie is the last undercover HYDRA agent to blow his cover. A year after HYDRA’s exposure in infiltrating SHIELD, he comes out by slaughtering every member of his team and his supposed girlfriend on the spot without hesitation. He single-handedly perfected Arnim Zola’s work and actively took part in Bucky Barnes’ brainwashing into the Winter Soldier. He only counseled Coulson on rehabilitating Grant Ward so that when the truth came out, it would mess with Coulson's mind and when Petrie blew his cover, it hit Coulson so hard, he abandoned his plans to integrate Ward back into the fold. While killing Andrew was on Ward's orders, Petrie’s brutal torture, disemboweling and castration of him was not authorized by Ward who was as equally disturbed as everyone else. He’d casually kill fellow agents who failed in missions and against Ward’s wishes, viciously tortured and murdered Lincoln with his own powers just for fun. He is revealed to have manipulated and used Ward to bait SHIELD and use his intel against them. He slits the throat of a random HYDRA agent just to get her communication device that Ward shut him out of and then reveals Ward as a pawn and nearly succeeds in having him killed. He carries out a mass attack against SHIELD that nearly cripples them. He kidnaps Audrey to bait Coulson out of hiding and expose him to the world as well (threatening not only to kill her, but it’s hinted he’ll rape her after too) and finally, attempts to go after Ward’s brother Thomas out of spite and bomb Washington D.C. with a nuclear weapon. Even though he serves HYDRA, it’s only for him to get off on the carnage he causes for it. Petrie’s a depraved sadist and represents the absolute worst of HYDRA.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfiction Two Slayers - One Heart: Amy Madison, who sets traps designed to kill very young slayers, watchers, and other friends of Willow Rosenberg, whom she hates psychopathically. She also gets turned on when she discovers that her girlfriend is only thirteen years old despite being built like the proverbial brick house, and whistles cheerfully as she prepares to sacrifice a seven or eight year old girl in an attempt to bring back the First Evil and open a new Hellmouth.
- Cold Case fanfiction Season 8: Bob Garrison has a sadistic love of torture, tries to kill a witness for watching him torture a man to death, and, finally, in his crowning act of evil, he has his men murder and frame a recovering alcoholic in order to trick people into thinking his murder was a mugging.
Video Games & Visual Novels
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: The Mysterious Bust Killer AKA Apollo's partner Rhea Wits, murdered a dozen people including her brother. The killer tricked the innocent Robert Erlenmeyer into believing he was responsible for the murders, and made him confess. After Erlenmeyer's escape, the killer planned to kill him and hide his body so the police would be left searching for a dead man, leaving the killer free to kill again. After the judge witnessed the killer trying to bury Erlenmeyer alive in a cemetery, the killer decided to just kill the judge and frame Erlenmeyer for his murder as well. After being accused by Apollo of being the true killer, the killer taunted him and implied that Apollo would be the next target. The actual Mysterious Bust Killer, when finally revealed, said that at least they made better use of their life than the victims did of theirs.
- Operation: Turnabout:
- The Big Bad, Captain Adel Renard, was a corrupt member of the Peace Corps, selling explosives to enemy groups. When he learned that a group of insurgents were planning to pay him in foreign money that they knew would be useless to him in exchange for Helios 6 explosives, he decided to backstab them first. Convincing the corrupt Captain Janus Harvey to help him deliver the explosives, he neglected to give the group the detonator, rendering the explosives useless. He than called the police and had the insurgents sent to the firing squad before they could testify against him. After convincing Harvey to kill most of his platoon to prevent them from ever learning of the incident, he proceeded to blackmail Harvey over the incident, knowing that the latter had no evidence the former was involved. When Harvey was going to be granted immunity in exchange for testifying about the Helios 6 incident, Renard poisoned him. After Phoenix exposes his past crimes in court, he brags about them to the courtroom while stating that since they ere committed overseas, he cannot be tried for them. He than taunted Siegfried and Victoria about their upcoming executions for a murder they did not commit, even mocking Victoria about her lost eye by calling her a "cyclops".
- The aforementioned Captain Janus Harvey was a corrupt member of the Peace Corps who was convinced by the Big Bad to help smuggle explosives to a group of insurgents, not knowing of his manipulations but expecting to receive a legitimate amount of money while the insurgents would be able to use the explosives for whatever evil intents they had. After being betrayed, and knowing he couldn't prove Renard was involved, he still followed his advice to murder most of his platoon in an explosion so that they could never uncover what he had done. He never felt any remorse for his actions, and spent the rest of his life trying to pin the blame on others while insisting he had done no wrong, only agreeing to testify about the incident when he was promised immunity for any involvement.
- The Legend of Spyro Retelling: A New Beginning: Dredd, the commanding Ape in the Tall Plains area. His Establishing Character Moment is trying to get information out of Kane by dropping one of Kane's tribesmen to his death from several thousand feet. He then tells Kane he intends to kill as many of the Atlawian Tribe as he has to in order to get the information he wants, happily adding that he might use some of them as target practice. He does this all for the few, very minute mining deposits they have left that the Ape hadn't already pillaged from them. He only gets worse after his Villainous Breakdown when his Bad Boss tendencies begin to kick in.
- The Legend of Spyro: Zonoya's Revenge: This incarnation of Malefor is even worse than his canon counterpart, and that's saying something. To start, he has the newly corrupted Cynder slash out Zonoya's, her best friend, eye and left her thinking Cynder betrayed her, making Zonoya's grudge on Cynder his doing. This means he's indirectly the cause of all the horrible things Zonoya did. The emotional Mind Rape he subjects her to. And let's just say his plan to destroy the world could be considered merciful to his vision of ruling it.
- The Legend of Spyro: A New Dawn: Empress Tyrania stands in stark contrast to the relatively sympathetic Deadlock. Tyrania carried out three genocides, one of which was of her own species, so that she could re create her race and make herself empress. Tyrania kills her own minions just for fun, captures people to use as slaves, and has a torture chamber with a window for her viewing pleasures. When confronted, she slowly kills Ember's father while Ember is Forced to Watch, and then prepares to kill Spyro, Cynder, and Ember. Her endgame is to enslave the dragon race and kill any that are too weak to be used. A cruel gargoyle with the laugh of a lunatic who loved the sound of screaming, Tyrania stood to show just how much of a monster Deadlock was not.
- Sonic the Hedgehog ficseries by JudasFM: Raker the Jackal. First appears in Caves of the Ancients, before which he sold Tails out to a slave mine, and before then, killed his father, leading to his mother's suicide by drowning, and has been abusing his brother Bait (at least that's what he renamed him) ever since. While Sonic, Knuckles, and Bait head to the Scrap Brain Zone to save Tails, Raker stalks them the whole way, and blows up the Oil Ocean Zone during one of their confrontations. When Sonic calls him out on this the next day, his response is to casually say he didn't stop to think things through. In the next fic Sins of the Mothers, he teams up with Knuckles' thought-to-be-dead mother and Dr. Robotnik, in hopes of getting Bait back, just so that he could torture and kill him (as it's revealed after he retrieves him). Getting him back also involved blowing up a building with Vector inside. Robotnik finds his actions just as appalling as everyone else. Bait is the only one who has any respect for him, because of "family loyalty", even though Sonic tries to get through to him that Raker does not return this. It speaks volumes when even Sekko, who runs the aforementioned slave mine and ordered Knuckles' lost sister dead before being killed himself by the person he asked to carry it out, cannot hope to compete with him.
- A Rose and a Thorn: Ashura. In part III of the ficseries, Shadow sets out with Espio to free him and Mirage from the ARK, after having learned about them at Prison Island. However, Mirage tells Espio upon being freed that Shadow must be insane to set someone like him free. She doesn't simply fear what will happen; she knows how evil he is. Upon being freed, he sets out to find all of the Chaos Emeralds, stopping none short of hurting Eggman and Rouge for two of them and causing the latter to miscarry Sonic's baby. At the end of the fic, he manages to kill Espio and blind Mirage. Starting in the next part, Sonic helps Mirage travel back to the time she was created on the ARK, so that she can kill Ashura in order to save Espio. It is within this part that he shows how really bad he can be, from his interactions with Black Doom, to mindraping Midnight.
- La Belle: The murderer (Sergio) kills off the smashers one by one in sadistic and creative ways, with no mercy given to any of the children. His murders include burning Donkey Kong alive and sealing Mewtwo underground in a coffin He frames Ganondorf for the killings and tricks the smashers into executing him, not even to get away, but just so he can trick them into killing an innocent person. He broadcasts Samus Aran's death so he can taunt the smashers. It is later revealed that he planned on sacrificing the smashers' souls to the Devil. He claims to have a Freudian Excuse (a bad childhood), but some of the other smashers claim that they also had bad childhoods and didn’t turn out bad.
- There Will Be Brawl: Kirby is nowhere close to the cute little marshmallow you grew up with. He is a cannibalistic Serial Killer who takes delight in torturing and gruesomely murdering his victims. He destroyed his own homeland, drove Mewtwo insane by "whispering" to him, and is responsible for almost everything that goes wrong in the Mushroom Kingdom, manipulating the other villains. He very gruesomely killed many characters, most of them being the few innocents left in this setting. He takes great pleasure in ruining Luigi's life, and killed Daisy and Peach, the two women he loved the most. He also likes to torment his victims with their past. His motive is sheer sadism.
- Five Nights at Freddy's fanfiction You Seem Acquainted With Those Doors: Charles Cooper was the first security guard of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. A brilliant man, he convinced his boss that he could make the animatronics for the restaurant in return for a little extra money. He then started to build the machines that night. When he came back to the pizzeria, he was horrified to see that the animatronics had been tampered with. Desperate, he donned on the Golden Freddy costume, and proceeded to lure five children into the backroom of the restaurant. Once there, he pulled out a butcher knife and he then proceeded to hack the children up with it. He then used their arms and legs to finish constructing the animatronics, and he also used the Golden Freddy costume to throw away the other body parts. He would've gotten away with this heinous crime had it not have been for the Bite of '87, and he was immediately arrested. He was found guilty of five counts of murder and was sentenced to death. Throughout his trial, Cooper tried to justify his actions by saying that they were "for education". Vile and determined, Charles was willing to go to any level to get money, even if it meant murder.
- The Legend of Zelda fanfiction The Legend of Zelda: The Sage of Darkness: Davik, Link's uncle and also the title villain. He seems to train Link in the ways of the Hero, only he's really attempting to feed Link hatred and anger in order to speed up Ganon's revival, even supplying him with the White Sword, one of Ganon's artifacts. He's also manipulating Ertegun for his own agenda, and it is also hinted that he also plans on betraying Ganon as part of his agenda as well. He also brutally murdered Link's parents as well as poisoned his own sister. He was no reason whatsoever, aside from possibly trying to get Link to go down the road of hatred even more. And his real plan is to extinguish the Cycle of Eternity, which may result in the destruction of the entire world, for no reason besides hating it for unspecified reasons.
- Persona 3 fanfiction A Demon Among Devils: This verse's Kokabiel is the most evil and sadistic member of the Fallen Angels and the former leader of their council the Grigori. He's a genocidal maniac who firmly believes in the superiority of the Fallen, rekindling the Great War to wipe out as many other species as possible. He kills his Father to assume his power, will happily torture his enemies to death, callously sacrifices his own soldiers, and plans on raping Rias and Sona before killing them just to piss off Sirzechs and Serafall.
- Runescape fanfiction The Adventures Through Runescape: Master Samuel crossed the line early on in the story when he kidnapped, gruesomely tortured, and murdered a Herblore mage just so he could get the recipe for his potion. It's a crowning moment of awesome when his hand is sliced off by Haru while trying to get the second ingredient of his potion, although his right-hand James ultimately replaced it with some claws. He then forces Dream Decay to betray Mainiac97 by holding his girlfriend hostage, brutally tortures him with the God Rune, and kills Dream Decay right in front of Mainiac97.
- Super Mario Bros./Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction Super Mario Bros. Z: As soon as Mecha Sonic came into being (via Metal Sonic absorbing past models into himself), he destroys the Death Egg and forces it to crash-land on Mobius, causing an apocalypse. He then, while hunting down the Chaos Emeralds, also took the opportunity to kill Sonic's friends in extremely brutal ways such as strangling Tails, beating up Amy, beating up Knuckles then filling him up with machine-gun processed lead, and by apparently blowing the heads off of Cream and Cheese. He had wiped out most if not all, of the planet's population and turned almost half of it into a burning wasteland, and was also the reason for Shadow's current personality, because he murdered Rouge and Omega, the only people he could call his friends. As soon as he arrived at the Mushroom Kingdom to recover the Chaos Emeralds, he also killed a Goomba who found a Chaos Emerald simply because he didn't give it to him, even though there was absolutely no way he could have known that was a Chaos Emerald. He then mercilessly beats up Yoshi to gain his chaos emerald (and says that he would have killed Yoshi anyways even if he did comply to his request). He later brutally killed both the Koopa Bros and the Axem Rangers X and destroyed Yoshi's Island by hitting the island with a Sphere of Destruction so violent that it vaporized the entire island.
"Monster? I'm not a monster, I AM A GOD!"
Adventures Of Blinky Bill
- Ashes To Dust: Gavin Buildmore is a Corrupt Corporate Executive crocodile who is Slick Possum's abusive boss. When Slick was 5, Buildmore tortured him by sticking a rose in his mouth and yanking it out repeatedly, and on Slick's 6th birthday, Buildmore beat his mother to an inch of her life with a lead pipe. He then forced Slick Possum into child labor and repeatedly beat him with chains and choked him. One time, when Slick was a teenager, Buildmore crushed an innocent duckling to death in front of him and mocked him for crying about it. He also brags about how he stole Slick's mothers life insurance money to buy a yacht, and once he found out Slick was gay, he mocked his sexuality by raping him repeatedly. And that's only his backstory. When he arrives in the actual fic, he implodes the theater while protestors are still inside, killing innocent men, women, and children just so he could build a brand new theater. He then kidnaps Marcia and tortures her to death with dry ice, and when Slick, Shifty, and Nutsy go to rescue her, he captures Shifty Dingo and threatens to rape him while holding a garden shears to his throat and fondles Shifty's genitals. At one point, he lets Shifty and Nutsy escape the mansion, only to try and chase them down in a helicopter, and he actually manages to shoot Shifty in the leg and laughs about it. He also orders his goanna minions to gangrape Slick Possum. Oh yeah, and he sells his own daughter into sex slavery.
- Scars Are Forever: Jeromy, an evil dingo-hating kangaroo who happens to be Splodge's older abusive cousin who tortures Splodge by burying him alive and playing Russian Roulette with him using a loaded gun. He proves to be very nasty once he arrives by shooting an innocent bluebird. His backstory includes force-feeding an innocent dingo girl rocks while raping her to death and poisoning a dingo family's water supply with antifreeze. His Freudian Excuse is that dingo girlfriend cheated on him because he was an abusive boyfriend, so he got revenge by burning her baby brother alive. In chapter 3, he kidnaps Shifty Dingo, chains him to a tree, burns him with matches, and slowly cuts his tail off with a switchblade, then uses Shifty's own severed tail to strangle Shifty until the poor little dingo blacks out. He also enjoys doing this while scaring Shifty and licking his blood. In chapter 4, it turns out that he bugged the hospital to monitor conversations taking place there, and to make sure Danny Dingo doesn't give Shifty a lifesaving blood-transfusion, he assaults Danny by injecting him with AIDS/HIV, laughs about it, and calls it "killing two birds with one stone". In chapter 5, he kidnaps Nutsy after she pulls a Leeroy Jenkins on him to avenge Shifty and threatens to rape and sodomize her with a heated cattle prod and machete. When Danny Dingo angrily accuses him of hurting Shifty, Jeromy replies that was just doing his job exterminating pests, that he loves the sounds Dingos make when terrified or injured, and that Shifty was a fun toy to play with; which even Danny finds sickening.
- Adventure Time fanfic Adventure Time Frozen Hearts: Sifine is a cruel Frostkin who ruled the earth as an Ice Queen long ago with her husband. When the Earth began warming up, Sifine decides that she doesn't want to die, so she poisons her own husband and sacrifices the lives of all the other Frostkins to power her crown so that she could gain Immortality, but the spell backfired and she ended up being sealed into the crown. Over the centuries, many warriors wielded the crown but ended up getting cursed by it, the most notable victim being Simon Petrikov, whose influence from the crown ultimately drove away his fiancee Betty & his adopted daughter Marceline and turned Simon into the insane Ice King 1,000 years later. Deciding to pick on an easier target, Sifine successfully manipulates Damon into becoming her servant and controls him into killing Christine along with several other scientists & soldiers and tries to attack Cube village, crippling him in the process. Once Damon is stopped, Sifine tries to influence Simon into wearing the crown, but Betty offers herself to wear it to keep Simon safe but managed to quickly knock it off. Having attained enough resources, Sifine eventually decides to turn Earth into a permanent Ice Age, freezing everyone to death so she could restore her body all to remake the world in her image.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender fanfiction The Fall Of The Fire Empire:
- We have an elderly Azula in a world where Ozai succeeded in conquering everyone. She finally hits her Villainous Breakdown with the realization that there is no way she can escape her impending death from old age, so she decides to go out in a blaze of glory, starting a war that will probably kill a good percentage of the world's population, and also set things up so that she'll be remembered as a hero who tried to stop that war.
- Gian is a ruthless and sociopathic Bounty Hunter, who doesn't care who is in charge of the world order or who his employers are, so long as he's paid for his murderous services. He forces a rather meek young Earthbending slave to help him uncover the rebellion base, and kills her in cold blood simply because he had no further use for her. He's also revealed to be an Earth Kingdom man who essentially exploits his own people for profit, and admits as much to Jiazin without an ounce of guilt about it.
- Inside Out fanfic Kids World: Annis is a twelve-year-old power-hungry psychopath. After a Depopulation Bomb that is Only Fatal to Adults leaves only those under thirteen alive, Annis takes the opportunity to try and control every child in the city. To accomplish this, Annis manipulates a multitude of children to follow her as she seizes control of the city. Those who refuse to follow her are subjected to horrible living conditions until they submit to her. Annis assigns a four-year-old girl named Caroline to be the "sister" to her best friend, Riley, but becomes increasingly brutal to both of them when she feels her control over the two is slipping. She forces Caroline to set a building full of children on fire, and then kills a little girl by breaking her neck. When Caroline stops her from feeding an infant boy to a pack of dogs, Annis beats Caroline severely in a rage. When it seems as if Annis's followers have killed Caroline, Annis merely mocks a heartbroken Riley, beating her with her mother's hockey stick as well. When Riley tries to stop Annis from unleashing more chaos, Annis throws her off a bridge. When Riley and Caroline, who had survived, escape, Annis burns down multiple buildings in a rage, not caring if anyone is injured or killed. Annis's ultimate plan was to take over the entire country, planning to attack Minnesota first to spite Riley. When her plans are foiled and her followers turn against her, Annis rejects Riley's offer to redeem herself, vowing to kill Riley and find other ways to resume control. Though claiming to be out to restore order in a city with no law, Annis proved to simply be a sadistic and arrogant dictator who only wanted power over those she deemed inferior.
- Kung Fu Panda fanfiction A Different Lesson:
- The acts Chao perpetrates are especially, and truly, unforgivable, and they only get worse as the story goes on. Countless murders (including of children), Demonic Possession, More than Mind Control, forcing friends and loved ones to kill each other, unleashing demons from the spirit world, necromancy, corrupting people's souls and intentions, pushing Tai Lung into committing his rampage, planning to make People Puppets of the whole world, all so as to live forever and force his vision of perfection on everyone else.
- Xiu, meanwhile, killed her own father just for being "weak" and good, framed Jia for it so she could twist and manipulate her into obeying and serving implicitly as an assassin, longed to have the same powers Chao had so she could do the same things he did, poisoned countless soldiers who had been fighting the Huns, murdered her teacher, tried to manipulate Tai Lung into joining her with lies about his family (and also helped plant doubts regarding Shifu and Oogway's love and pride in him so he would fixate on the Dragon Scroll to earn them), nearly killed Po and Tigress, did kill Zhuang, loved the feeling of Chao's dark chi and wished to bathe in it when everyone else was sickened and terrified by it... And both of them enjoyed every bit of what they did, with no remorse or regrets, and no sign they could be redeemed or ever would be.
- The Legend of Korra fanfiction The Saga Of Avatar Korra: Ming-Hua is an unrepentant Sadist who gleefully takes every opportunity to physically and psychologically abuse Korra. She also lacks any of the likeable traits that her canon counterpart held and instead is shown to be needlessly cruel to both allies and enemies alike such as when she advocated for the needless punishment of the Red Lotus sentries who were stationed at the compound during Korra's escape and P'Li and Ghazan believe that she will want to "get rid" of Korra after she has served her purpose. Her malevolent tendencies are shown to not be a recent occurrence as flashback segments show that she felt nothing but excitement at the prospect of murdering a young Iroh in his bed. In the present day events of the story there are also several times where she needs to be verbally restrained or reprimanded by Zaheer or other Red Lotus members for her often pointless cruelty such as killing animals in front of Korra during water-bending lessons. When Korra chooses to turn against the Red Lotus, Ming calls P'Li and Ghazan weak for feeling any emotional attachment or reluctance to attack the girl whom was essentially raised by the Red Lotus and threatens to kill them if they defect from the Red Lotus. While the goals of the Red Lotus could be considered noble if unachievable, Ming never shows any interest in the ideological quest of the Red Lotus to bring freedom to the world and appears to only be interested in sating her own bloodlust. Cruel and sadistic, Ming-Hua is in many ways the living incarnation of the moral failures of the Red Lotus and one of several contributing factors for Korra's defection.
- The Lion King fanfiction The Lion King Adventures: The Writer is responsible for all the bad things that happen in the story, and is the true villain of the series. The Writer created the world Simba and his friends lived in, and had caused every evil act in that world. The Writer also created all the other villains in the story. The Writer's creations included Scar, as well as evil versions of Timon and Pumbaa who drain the souls of cubs. He had always been trying to kill Simba and his friends or ruin their lives for fun, and at the end of the series, he goes into the world himself to kill Simba and his friends so he can take over and rule the world for eternity as he destroys thousands of lives for his own amusement.
- Young Justice fanfic Young Justice: Darkness Falls:
- In a Bad Future, Darkseid successfully took over Earth, destroying most of the cities and killing almost all the heroes. Humans were forced to do backbreaking labor while worshiping him as he tortured them. If any of his minions ever failed him once, he would give them 50 lashes. Fail him a second time, and he would have them banished to a place so horrifying that no one would speak of it, a place where he banished his son Kallibak. It's also revealed that when Vandal Savage managed to kill a bunch of superheroes for him, Darkseid vaporized him because he wanted the heroes brought to him alive so he could torture them first.
- In his only appearance in this fic, The Joker tries to gas all of Gotham City to death with Smilex for fun. He forces men to help him by holding their families hostage, and plans to kill said men when he no longer needs them.