Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. [[labelnote:Explanation]]The explanation behind the meme, if necessary.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
- Further mutations and successor memes, if any.
General series memes
- DUH-NUH-NUH-NAAAAAAAAAAA Explanation
- DUH-nuh-nuh-nuh-NUH-nuh-nuh-NAAAA Explanation
- It's Tingle! Get the angry mob ready! Explanation
- Newfags can't triforce. Explanation
- Link hates pots. Explanation
- Various quotes, oddly worded at best and downright mangled and cryptic at worst, including:
- "It's dangerous to go alone! Take this." Explanation
- "Dodongo dislikes smoke." Explanation
- "Grumble, grumble..." Explanation
- "It's a secret to everybody."Explanation
- I am Error. Explanation
- If all else fails use fire. Explanation
- You have water come to my house. Explanation
- GAME OVER - RETURN OF GANONExplanation
- I love the Power Glove, it's so bad.Explanation
- Link checked the chest. Wow! This is a nice chest!
- Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen! Explanation
- Don't tell my father. Explanation
- WHAT A HOT BEAT! Explanation
- Sheik is the most epic reverse trap in the history of video games. Explanation (spoilers)
- HOLY CRAP! THERE'S AN UPSIDE-DOWN TRIANGLE ON LINK'S SHIELD! THE FOURTH PIECE IS OUT THERE!
- Even the rumor of finding the Triforce in Ocarina of Time is memetic. But we all know what happens to those who say things like this... Explanation
- Did you get all that?
- Do you want to hear what I said again?
- No Explanation
- Song of Storms Explanation
- I beat the Running Man!Explanation
- DAMN YOU WATER TEMPLE! / Iron Boots on, Iron Boots off Explanation
- Dawn of the xth Day — y Hours Remain Explanation
- You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you? Explanation
- BEN.DROWNED Explanation
- 'Hoy, small fry! Explanation
- Che~yyy! Explanation
- C'MON!!! Heroic Mime, subverted.Explanation
- Meow! Likewise.Explanation
- Link taking selfies. Explanation
- Twilight 8.8 Explanation
- "I know you have bugs....." Explanation
- NOT TAKE MIRROR! Explanation (Spoiler)
- Demon Lord Debbie is so fabulous.
- And now in the same vein of Twilight Princess, we have: *Something* Score: 7.5 Explanation
- Have you been getting your Gratitude Crystals from the thankful women? Explanation
- Wanna play the "How loud can you scream" game? Explanation
- There is a __% chance... Explanation
- Think about what you can do with a stranded girl and mushrooms. Explanation
- The Bokoblin's / Moblin's undergarments. Explanation
- The Legend of Groose: The Groosenator of Grooseland Explanation
- The Legend of Groose: Skyward Hair
- Squidward Sword Explanation
- Zelda likes to push Link off of cliffs. Explanation
- Groose's theme goes with everything. Explanation
- Before the game came out, fan speculation on the then-unnamed Fi ran amok, culminating in her being called 'Steve'.
- "WE HATE YOU GROOSE!" "Groose, you're awesome!" Explanation
- "Mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo..."Explanation
- "GIMME BACK MAH RUPEES!"Explanation
The Legend of Zelda CD-i Games (non-canon)
- MAH BOI! Explanation
- "This peace is what all true warriors strive for."
- "I wonder what's for dinner?"
- "After you've scrubbed all the floors in Hyrule, then we can talk about mercy!"
- "Squadala!" Explanation
- "Lamp oil? Rope? Bombs? You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough rubies." Explanation
- "Sorry, Link. I can't give credit. Come back when you're a little... MMMMM... richer!"
- "You DARE bring light to my lair?! YOU MUST DIE!" Explanation
- "Join me, Link, and I will make you a Facenote , the GREATEST in Koridai! Or else you will DIE."
- "NO! Not into the pit! IT BUUUUUURNNSSS!!"
- "I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!"
- Actually, let's just say every single line from the CD-I games is a meme.
"And I thought Zelda CD-i was the lowest form of YouTube Poop."
- Link's scarf. Explanation
- Groose or Riot. explanation
- Ganondorf and hair-care products. explanation
- Depicting Link in a princess dress Explanation
- Real horses don't run into trees very often. Explanation
- Naked Pyromaniac Link Explanation
- The Legend of Zelda: BURN EVERYTHING◊
- Further mutated with the discovery that Link can ride bears... after setting said bear on fire. Usually captioned with the phrase "WHO'S THE CALAMITY NOW!?"
- L Has Come To Explanation
From LINK Two Phantoms Were Born
He played us like a damn Ocarina!
Punished Link, A Hero Without A Kingdom
"You're a legend (of Zelda) in the eyes of those who live on the Hyrule Field, so you'll have to handle this quest yourself. That's how Groose would want it. Gerudo Valley is a big place. I expect you'll become quite familiar with that tablet as you find the next dungeon. How and where you explore... well that's up to you. Now go! Let the legend (of Zelda) come back to life!" ... "Did you get all of that?" (No/Yes)
- The Legend of Zelda: (Other Franchise)Explanation
- It's time... to scrub all the floors in Hyrule! Explenation
- Link's Trademark Favorite Food being apples. Explanation
- "Link is hot". Explanation
- Lynels' reputation. Explanation
- If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best! Explanation
- Shark husbando / fish husband. Explanation
- I'd fuck that fish. Explanation
- "That fucking robo-[elephant/camel]." Explanation
- The Puzzle-Skip Shrine [[labelnote:Explanation]] The Myahm Agana Shrine is frustrating if done as intended, so a lot of people either turn it over and use the flat side, or... whatever this is.
- You shouldn't have done that...
- Well, excuuuuuuuse me, Princess!Explanation
- Looking good, Princess Zelda -- especially from THIS angle!Explanation
- "GANNON-BANNED" Explanation
- '99% Confirmed.' Explanation
- What if Zelda was a girl? Explanation