Memes: Other Internet
aka: New Media
"SUP DAWG, I HERD U DIDN'T LIEK FORMING BABBY, BUT I ACCIDENTALLY IN YOUR BASE."
Meanwhile, elsewhere on the Internet
, memes are being generated
every hour of every day! (Scare Chord
NOTE TO TROPERS: Please
read the entire page before adding your meme. Duplication is a serious problem here, and we'd like to keep it down.
Some sites have so many that they have their own subpages.
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. [[labelnote:Explanation]]The explanation behind the meme.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
Examples needing proper formatting:
We will now place these memes in a time capsule, so future generations can learn everything there is to know about our civilization. Poor bastards.
- Please stop Lets Playing I Wanna Be the Guy.
- HATERS GONNA HATE.
- TROPERS GONNA TROPE.
- Dissenters will inevitably abhor.
- Even though very popular among teens and young adults outside of Austria and Germany, the band Tokio Hotel was the equivalent of Justin Biber over here. Once, a girl, Angie, spoke up against the haters in a youtube video. Her infamous line, "Haltet euren Maul!" (Shut your mouth, only with slight grammar fail, as it should be, "Haltet euer Maul!") was quoted for months as a joking response to haters.
- In Canada, milk comes in bags.
- Because I backtraced it!
- CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!
- YOU DUN GOOFED!
- The above posts has been reported to the Cyber Police, and the State Police!
- Now that she's back (bitches!), Jessi Slaughter's gonna pop a Glock in all of our mouths, and make brain slushies.
- For some backstory, Jessi Slaughter was rumored to have a sexual relationship with the lead singer of her favorite band, Blood on the Dance Floor, and then Jessi retaliated in one of her videos by saying the aforementioned "brain slushie" line, talking about how perfect she is, and cursing up a storm.
- Her father was arrested for child abuse in March 2011, which would explain a lot about Jessi's behavior. Not only did 4chan harass an 11-year old, the actions they were harassing her for may have been caused by child abuse. And since she's in therapy now, they probably made it worse.
- Worse, her recent internet activity suggests she may have legitimate mental problems.
- How's college? @w@
- This page is educated stupid. Pointless meme cannot exist without equal and opposite pointless meme.
- THOSE ARE MY SHOES. GIVE THEM BACK, YOU ARE A DOG. THEY DON'T EVEN FIT.
- THAT IS MY CAPE. GIVE IT BACK, YOU ARE A DOG. IT DOESN'T EVEN FIT. Explanation
- THIS WEBPAGE IS NOW DIAMONDS.
- With YouTube's new voting system, X People Missed The Like Button. And more creative versions of it, depending on the content of the video.
- On the comments for a YouTube video, there's usually "[Number of dislikes] are [antagonist of video's subject]". For instance, for Portal videos it's "x people work for Black Mesa"; for Team Fortress 2, (whose "Meet The..." videos see the RED team win) it's "x BLUs disliked this."
- RUN AND TELL THAT HOMEBOY.
- Y'ALL NEED TO HIDE JO KIDS, HIDE JO WIFE, AND HIDE JO HUSBAND CUZ DEY RAPIN' ERRBODY OUT HERE!
- WE GON' FIND YOU!
- Is this real life?
- Disney Princesses doing funny faces
- A local meme from The Daily WTF:
In case you can’t tell, this is a grown-up place. The
fact that you insist on using your ridiculous handle
clearly shows that you’re too young and too stupid
- WHY CAN'T I HOLD ALL THESE LIMES?
- >my face when X
- "You have two cows". See Uncyclopedia's take on it for proof.
- To elaborate, the meme is a parody of examples used in introductory economics, from which the two cows mutated into a representation of currency, capital, property, and anything else related to economics. This is usually used for political jokes and National Stereotypes, but in true meme spirit covers everything.
- WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS? 
- X(number) people accidently clicked the dislike button.
- Became widely popular when Youtube replaced the 5-star system with a thumbs system where people voted of either liking or disliking the video.
- Red vs. Blue would like to remind you that camping is totally a legitimate strategy.
- Bow chika bow wow!
- That...was the worst throw, ever. Of all time.
- Since generalized to "the best/worst/funniest/other comparative term X ever. Of all time."
- What am the sky? How does eat food?
- MY NAME, IS MICHAEL J CABOOSE. AND I. HATE. BABIES!
- I also have my own acheiveables! BLEEP BLOOP!
- You ever wonder why we're here?
- The first episode in particular has been the subject of many parodies and fan-remakes.
- Warthog? Looks more like a puma...
- "Boop!" note
- People painting Jaune Arc as some kind of incredibly Bad Ass lady-killer and the "undisputed best character on the show".
- BOOM HEADSHOT!
- The Rules of the Internet, a 4chan creation, best known for spawning Rule 34 and Rule 63.
- ... AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT.
- Did you guys forget to HIDE YOU KIDS HIDE YOU WIFE THEY RAPIN' ERRYBODY OUT HERE!
- While The Other Wiki is best known for the Citation Needed meme, the recent "Please read: a personal appeal from Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales" ads have been parodied on numerous sites; for example, Shortpacked! has "Please read: a personal appeal from Shortpacked! creator David Willis" linking to their online store.
- It appears Wikipedia is aware of this, seeing how one of them is "Please read: a personal appeal from the Wikipedia Pufferfish".
- On Wikipedia itself, there were in-jokes to well-known vandals such as Willy on Wheels (which used to move pages to "* ON WHEELS!!!!") and Mr. Treason ("I will sue you in a COURT OF LAW in Trenton, New Jersey").
- The Posh Mothershuckling Dangle Dongler Hour.
- Pics or it didn't happen.
- For quite a while, the Facepunch forums had the phrase "or it didn't happen" on autoban. No kidding, writing that in your post made the server instantly ban you for a day. Along with several other memes.
- Edds World has Just a Bit Crazy.
- Tvtropes FTW
- Featured on TV Tropes! :D
- "I wish I could talk in Technicolor..."
- From Ghost Theory, people have begun to say "Chinese lanters." Whenever something unbelievable happens, the sarcastic response is "it was just a Chinese lantern." This spawned from a story about UFO's being debunked as chinese lanterns in one story. Not that the "debunking" made any sense.
- INGLIP HAS BEEN SUMMONED. IT HAS BEGUN.◊
- On SixBillionSecrets, it's common to post "WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THROUGH MY MAAAAASK." on a post having to deal with an OP wanting his/her friends to notice his/her depression. It's common to spell "mask" as "maaaaaask".
- Sup TV Tropes. Why don't you have a girlfriend?
- Among the Lolita community, Derpy-chan is slowly becoming a god. It started off when a girl posted a picture of a couple Lolitas, one of whom was holding a yellow pony plushie with a derpy expression. /cgl/ leaped on it immediately.
- "Banker Girl" (a very newmeme which intersperses with in-print adverts and television adverts for Natwest), apparently using the photo of a blonde girl called Sara from adverts in newspapers, and Natwest's own publication. For some reason it's popular with the Photoshop crowd, becoming an Ascended Meme in itself. In any case, the advert in question can be viewed here. Ms. Ebrahimi has become very much popular in the United Kingdom, where she actually works as a bank manager, and not a banker like Fred "The Shred" Goodwin. In fact, the meme has become an Ascended Meme as people want to know who she is. It's even gone as far as pushing the Taylor Swift meme out the way in England... and this is despite bankers not being very popular at the moment in the United Kingdom.
- Due to a bit of Mondegreen, part of a video of a Russian singer demonstrating his impressive vocal range has become a bit of an anthem for trolling and general shenanigans.
- What has science done?!
- Playing Eric Prydz's Call On Me over collections of photos where someone's expression never changes.
- The Ringu/Ju-On-esque girl, Lo-Ki, whose scary-cute face has been spread incessantly along image board sites recently.
- "I'm a melting pot of friendship!" Explanation
- "I'm gonna get punitive damages out of your ass!"
- "You will RUE the day... you will RUE the day!"
- Cans.wav Explanation
- .002 dollars is equal to .002 cents.Explanation
- More or less everything in asdfmovie, but special mention goes to "I like trains", as the kid who says it got a song about him.
- WHOSE RESPONSIBLE THIS? Explanation
- LET'S OPEN UP THIS PIT! Explanation
- I keep throwing money at the screen but nothing happens.
- Shut up and take my money!
- ( ﾟ ヮﾟ) it carries out and is w Explanation
- When you see it, you will shit brix/brix will be shat/etc.
- From Don't Hug Me I'm Scared we have: Green Is Not A Creative Color.
- You are a douchebag. That's right. A douchebag. You will always be a total douchebag.
- This amazing trope brought to you by the cleansing powers of Selsun Blue!
- On Sporcle, the former Soviet republic of Kyrgyzstan is a meme due to being atrociously difficult to spell. Also, given a few quizzes are considered "too US-centric", you can find variants on "too *-centric", mostly with Sarcasm Mode turned on.
- Adding the logo for porn website Brazzers on an image can turn anything dirty.
- From Chile: "THE 42 PHRASES FOR —— (insert. the Census, drunk people, teachers, whatever/whoever you want)".
- Memes? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT.
- The slowed-down version of the Olsen Twins' song "Gimme Pizza" sounds extremely unnerving. It's taken logically far.
- Whipped cream pours like waterfalls.
- A Safety Choice video has the Forklift Operator's Scream.
- Prime Mover Driver had the same scream as him.
- This meme is still the best. Since 1973.
- "Hey, I'm Grump!" "I'm Not-So-Grump!" "And we're the Game Grumps!"Explanation
- "Listen to the boop on this shit!"Explanation
- Egoraptor's] utter freak-out during an infamous Game-Breaking Bug moment in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) has become rather famous on the internet.
- "WHAT IS THIS!? WHAT IS THIS!? WHAT IS MY LIFE!?"
- The adventures of the four heroes (Brian-Frank-Steve-Mike The III-Mike The IV-Michael Jordan, Bill, Langley, and Bigger Bill) on their quest to find a 7-11Explanation
- "Defeated is the monster!"
- The numerous ways to mispronounce "Game Grumps" has become a meme in-and-of itself.
- SEVEN ASSES! Explanation
- It's a Pumbloom! Explanation
- Do you remember the time when Ash caught a Pumbloom?
- Dude, I-
- (Insert person here) is in Egoraptor! Explanation
By the way... this page? FUKKEN SAVED. inb4 "Stinger"... Crap.