I: The memes written on this Death Note
page will eventually be mutated
II: These memes will not take effect unless the reader has the series in mind when saying them out loud.
- The meme. [labelnote]Explanation:The explanation behind the meme.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
- "I'll take a potato chip.. and EAT IT" : Quoted for over-the-top narm.
- How to Swim: A video parody using clips from Death Note's narm-tastic ending.
- "Just as planned": Catch Phrase of Light Yagami, often used to indicate that one has successfully pulled off The Plan. And not just any gambit, a Gambit Roulette Memory Gambit that cements Light's status as a Magnificent Bastard.
- Originally created on 4-chan.
- Further mutated into "Just according to keikaku* " as a way to make fun of bad scanlators who don't translate simple words. This has spread to other fandoms.
- Sometimes "KEIKAKU DOORI" is used as well, though not as popular as the English or half-English versions.
- Blaming Kira for celebrity deaths, particularly those in June 2009.
- Death Note Drinking Game: Take a shot when you hear "Boku wa kira janai" (I'm not Kira).
- Kira's laugh in the last episode, often written as "*giggle, snort* Muwahahahahaha *wheeze * muwahahahahaha *wheeze* muwahahahahaha..."
- Mello's love of chocolate has spawned fan works.
- Writing... has never been so epic! (cue sparking pen)
- The second opening, What's Up People, has spawned a number of parodies across the web.
- Later combined with Mello's love of chocolate to produce "What's Up Chocolate".
- Deathsponge Notepants: Invaderzim1000's youtube edit of Spongebob clips to match Death Note, both subbed and dubbed. The originals have been taken down, but they have been reposted on other users channels.
- A number of images from 4-chan have begun circulating, including:
- I'll solve your little mystery.◊
- "You can use this blanket." *pauses for several seconds and then throws it*
- Teru Mikami's Delete-Gasm. Look it up on YouTube. He's got the flashing eyes, eagle sound effects, AND slow-motion.
- Matsuda! You Idiot!
- Near going into the avatar state. Explanation
- L saying "Bang."
Collisions with other memes