Memes: Dangan Ronpa
Please add entries in the following format:
- The meme. [[labelnote:Explanation]]The explanation behind the meme.[[/labelnote]] Explanation
- "Super High-School Level ____", "Super Duper High-School ____", or "Ultimate ____" Explanation
- "JUNKOS" Explanation
- In the original form◊:
Yasuhiro: Now, I'm not saying it was Junko, but it was Junko.
- Discredited Meme: However, people eventually grew tired of it, since it was used increasingly near the end of the LP, whether seriously or jokingly as it became increasingly likely, and had gotten stale. The LP thread of the sequel now bans anyone referencing it.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The funniest part of the whole thing? Junko did switch places with another student - her twin sister. The JUNKOS theory was right.
- It gets better: even though the LP of Super Dangan Ronpa 2 is banning any references to the meme the game ends up referencing it instead since the Big Bad of the game is an AI based on Junko whose goal is to upload herself into the bodies of all the deceased students after the survivors "graduate" and ultimately take over the world by turning everyone into JUNKOS. Yes even after Junko died (for real this time) they STILL managed to be behind everything, and making others act as her doppelgangers is STILL the punch line of this joke. Bonus points since the name of her backup twin means "Corpse" and now she's using literal corpses to preform essentially the same purpose.
- In the original form◊:
- "Dangly Rope," "Diamond Rumpus," "Dangit Grandpa," "Danger Roomba," "Deadly Rump Roast," "Dangling Grandpas," "Doodoo Ricecake," "Donkey Ron Paul"... Explanation
Monokuma: However, even though it was called Company S, it wasn't actually the four-sided one... It was a company that's famous for lots of reasons called Spice Chunsoft! Ah, oops...Spice Chunsoft? Space Chincraft? Oh well.(...)Monokuma: And that's how I got in Danganrupaul! Ah, oops...Doggoneronpaul? Oh well.
- May be an Ascended Meme. In Chapter 4 of Super Dangan Ronpa 2, Monokuma's "Cute Meaty Diary" in the Monokuma Archive has a totally true story of how he got in Dangan Ronpa, where he mistakes "Game Company S" for that four-sided company that gets bashed online a lot. It contains these golden lines:
- Making jokes about Byakuya and his ridiculous amounts of money. His love of money is usually played up as an extreme obsession in fanon.
- Speaking of Byakuya, some people joke that tampering with crime scenes is a favorite hobby of his, given the events of Chapter 2.
- "Tell them, Naegi" Explanation
- "Togami, you've lost weight." Explanation (spoilers)
- Who's Togami? That's Nigel. Explanation
- Four-eyed lemon Explanation
- "My name is Byakuya Togami." Explanation
- If you have an ahoge, you're the protagonist. Explanation
- FUCK DA POLICE. Explanation
- Dangan Ronpa Crack Confessions. Explanation
- "Upupupu..." Explanation
- "Puhuhu..." Explanation
Dangan Ronpa Memes:
- "[The heroine]'s you, Naegi-kun". Explanation
- Shortly after the big reveal, we get a memetic gif◊ where the Big Bad's head is sent spinning. People then added sounds and musical accompaniment.
- In one scene where Makoto looks horrifically at a TV screen showing the outside world, people pasted several different pictures on the TV screen, such as something else that is horrifying or a Take That. Something Awful's paywall screen is a popular choice.
- "YOU GOT THAT WRONG!" Explanation
- "YOU MUST NOT LOSE HOPE!" Explanation
- "I KINDA DOUBT THAT!" Explanation
- "THIS GIRL IS ON FIREEEEE!!!" Explanation (spoilers)
- Also: I'd hit that with a truck.
- Due to Makoto's status as Ultimate Hope, he is often depicted cosplaying as Madoka; sometimes, Kyoko is drawn alongside him as Homura. Sayaka Maizono sometimes joins them, as she has a matching first name and color scheme.
- "Owada pumped up and ready to party." Explanation
- 11037 Explanation (spoilers)
- Leon Kuwata is a weenie.
- A weenie who hates besbaw.
- Batter up, Leon. Explanation (spoilers)
- AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO AHO Explanation (spoilers)
- Kiyotaka is a crybaby. Explanation (spoilers)
- Sakura Oogami is a pretty princess. Explanation
- I can't believe it's not butter. Explanation (spoilers)
- The culprit is Hagakure! Explanation (spoilers)
- Yasuhiro's hamburger. Explanation .
- DONUTS Explanation
- Kyouko Kirigiri loves touching corpses. Explanation
- Bacon Hands Explanation
- Ramenhead Kyoko, the Ramen Fairy, or Makoto's ramen fetish. Explanation
- "X IS NOT WELCOME IN A SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT!!" Explanation
- "Corn Hair." Explanation
- Eyebrows. Explanation
Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Memes:
- AVRIL LAVIGNE. Explanation (spoilers)
- YOU MUST NOT LOSE HOPE, HINATA-KUN. Explanation
- Here we are at Seaworld, Hinata-kun! Explanation
- Did somebody say HOPE?!/Haha Time for HOPE/You wanna hope with me? Explanation
- I really want Ko. Explanation
- I want Ko to run. Explanation
- Ibuki knows that you're reading this! Don't say anything bad about Ibuki! Explanation
- Ibuki's song from Chapter 3. Treads into Accidental Nightmare Fuel territory, and also gives an insight on why she broke up with her band over creative disputes, as stated in her Free-Time events.
- Spoiler-kun is banned. Explanation (spoilers)
- Hajime Hinata loves orange juice. Explanation
- Titty Typhoon Explanation
- BAGELS or Hope bagels, and Nagito's general obsession with them. Explanation
- Hajime Mulaney. Explanation