Manhwa: Chronicles of the Cursed Sword
"Every time I feel that I've improved, there's another opponent who's stronger than I am. Then after I defeat him, there's another, and it never ends... Am I really stronger than before?"A manhwa starring Rey Yan, a seventeen year old boy who wields the Pasa sword, which grows in power whenever it drinks demon blood. The story follows him as he hunts demons, learns sword techniques from an old master, and generally creates havoc for both the demon and heavenly realms. Ultimately, he's part of a plot devised by the demonic Prime Minister Shiyan and Shiyan's brother to overthrow the Demon Emperor before he gains control over all three realms, but first things first.
— Rey Yan, summing up this, and pretty much every other fighting manga
- Arc Words: "Is he human?" Or a variation thereof.
- Cat Girl: Ming Ling, her sister Minxia, and their brother Mingchen
- Cool Sword: The Pasa and Pachun swords that, respectively, grow stronger from killing demons and humans/gods.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Loads of them, with some more so than others. One example: King Wansun turns his body into the Original Light, which makes him very powerful, but costs his soul if he's injured.
- Eye Scream: Toupa, guardian of the seventh floor of Mujin tower, sews Shouren's eyes shut
- It's Personal: White Tiger killed Rey Yan's master.
- Life Drain: Not for its wielder, but the Pasa sword is fixed when it drinks demon blood.
- Love Triangle: Rey Yan, Shyao, and Jaryoon form the first and main one, but add Hyacia to the mix, then the Sorceror of the Dark and even Ming Chen, and it quickly becomes a Love Dodecahedron
- Oddly Shaped Sword: The Pasa sword goes through several iterations of this. Rey even threatens to turn it into a broom.
- Really 700 Years Old: Dr. Laobi is the human example. Also include most of the demons, sages, and gods.
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: A two-pack: Rey Yan and Jaryoon, who each contain half of the god Ban-Go, who created the world, and will destroy it when released
- Shout-Out: Mugen from Samurai Champloo, along with others, appears in the Mujun Tower
- Soul-Cutting Blade: One of Rey's techniques with the Pasa sword does this.
- Squick: Rey's reaction when Kuochien tells him Lady Ryuhwa is a man, and he and Kuochien are in love. Ryuhwa claims to have been a woman in a previous life, but was reincarnated into a man right before becoming a sage. He plans to become a woman again, but in the meantime...
- Sword Beam: In spades.