''Mitsume ga Tooru'', or ''The Three-Eyed One'', is a manga series created by Creator/OsamuTezuka, about a gentle little bald boy called Hosuke Sharaku who happens to have a third eye hidden under a bandage, which, when revealed, brings him to a SuperpoweredEvilSide. Thus, he is both the hero and the villain in his own series. He is followed around by an older girl, Chiyoko Watou, who tries to keep him in check.
Together, they investigate strange events and mysteries and will usually have to take off his bandage so he can use his high intelligence to find a solution. Of course, becoming also evil, the other characters will also have to struggle into putting the bandage back.
Sharaku is a regular of Tezuka's [[ReusedCharacterDesign Star System]] and him and Watou often appear in other works by Tezuka, including the later ''Manga/BlackJack'' anime series (where Watou is her big sister). He usually keeps his bandage in those appearance. When without his bandage, he is a villain, such as in the video game ''VideoGame/AstroBoyOmegaFactor'' where he is the EvilOverlord of the Mu empire.
!!This series includes examples of:
* AllGirlsWantBadBoys: Watou finds Sharaku more attractive when in his evil state.
* BaldOfEvil: Sharaku, without his bandage.
* CoatCape: Sharaku gets one of these when his SuperpoweredEvilSide comes into play. In the anime, his coat changes from blue to black.
* EvilGenius: This is Sharaku's main ability.
* MeaningfulName: The names of the main characters refer to SherlockHolmes. Sharaku is the Japanese pronounciation of "Sherlock" and Watou is often called "Watou-san", as in "Watson".
* ThoseTwoGuys: Kakashi and ''[[AuthorAvatar Osamu]]''. They fit in this trope perfectly in the anime version.