Super-Conductive Brains Parataxis
) is a Seinen Science Fiction manga
serialized in Weekly Young Jump
. Although the creator, Shintaro Kago
, is known for writing guro manga, this is relatively tame compared to his other works
. However, because of the (non-pornographic
) nudity and gore, it is still Not Safe for Work
Summary to be added.
This manga contains examples of:
- Adam and Eve Plot: When Akira, Momoko, and Akihiko wake up from cryostasis, Akihiko assumes that there are no other survivors and uses it as an excuse to attempt to rape Momoko.
- It is subverted when more "giants" wake up later.
- After the End
- Apocalypse How: Planetary/Species Extinction.
- Artistic License - Biology
- Body Horror: The modified Surdlers, as well as the abnormally raised fetuses, some of which don't even look remotely human.
- Cyborg: Surdlers are made into these so they can be used as industrial machines or weapons.
- Earth All Along
- Final Solution: The manga ends with one of the humans wrecking the mainframe of the Lilliputians' brains.
- Gratuitous English: The use of the word "Parataxis" in the title and as Idiosyncratic Episode Naming.
- Gendercide: No male Surdlers appear. This is justified by the fact that they are all clones, so they could be clones of a single female specimen.
- Human Popsicle
- Idiosyncratic Episode Naming: Each chapter is titled "Parataxis 1", "Parataxis 2", etc.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: The Surdlers look like nude females, but humans treat them like machines, and nobody in the story lusts after their nudity. Their nudity is justified because they are clones of the original giants and of course they aren't going to come wearing clothes (which wouldn't be useful to machines anyway).
- Just a Machine: How ordinary humans treat the Surdlers, despite them just being large humans.
- Lilliputians: What the "ordinary", non-Surdler humans turn out to be.
- Near-Rape Experience: When Akira isn't looking, Unlucky Childhood Friend Akihiko tries to rape Momoko after waking up from cryostasis assuming an Adam and Eve Plot, but then Akira comes back and punches him, knocking him over. Akihiko stops because Akira threatens to kill him.
- Later, when Akira goes missing, Akihiko tries to rape Momoko again, but then stops because her screams could put them in danger of being detected by Surdlers.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: The Surdlers.
- It turns out that the Surdlers are in fact ordinary humans, and the "ordinary humans" are actually Lilliputians.
- Secret Art: The process of DNA combination by which humans can reproduce. To ordinary civilians it seems like a Black Box.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: There is a strange lack of a built-in security system in the room with the mainframe that all the Lilliputians' brains are connected to. Despite the presence of a video recording from Dr. Shimura in a different room to taunt the surviving humans, the mainframe room doesn't have any sort of robot guards stationed in it and is surprisingly easy for a normal-sized human to destroy.
- Unusual Chapter Numbers: Parataxis 3½ and Parataxis 4½.
- Unwilling Roboticisation