Stardust Memories (スターダストメモリーズ), written and illustrated by Yukinobu Hoshino, is a short story compilation of human beings in the distant future where we have traveled deep into space. Each story describes a moral dilemma that people traveling in space may experience which is something that we have yet to determine in the current world.Stardust Memories talk about such problems as the implications of having people travel for years, even decades, in the cold, quiet and endless universe. A different story tells on how human presence in a foreign galaxy will affect the environment. The topics the author decides to write about are interesting and makes you wonder about the future.Not to be confused with the 1980 Woody Allen movie of the same name or the 1991 Gundam OAV series.
This series provides examples of:
- Bizarre Seasons: Cess Ivory's 21 Days
- Cloning Blues: Planet of the Spirits, Cess Ivory's 21 Days
- Comet of Doom: Return Subverted in the end.
- Disaster Movie: Lampshaded in Target
- Goal-Oriented Evolution: A Poet's Journey
- Man on Fire: The Burning Man
- Our Centaurs Are Different: The Centaur of Sagittarius
- Science Fiction / Speculative Fiction
- The Urashima Effect to ''The Rip Van Winkle Caper''
- War of the Worlds to Flash Gordon, Justice League and Forbidden Planet.
- The Secret of the Merry Stellar to the space odysseys, in several respects: the memory banks, the spacesuit designs, the deserted ship, the mysterious object orbiting a planet, it all screams Space Odyssey.
- Starfish Aliens: Centaur of Sagittarius, The Moebius Life Form
- Take Me to Your Leader: War of the Worlds
- Taking You with Me: The Burning Man
- Terraform: Planet of the Spirits
- Whole Plot Reference: The Secret of the Merry Stellar Then becomes Adam and Eve Plot